Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Post experiences about going to shows feeling like crap

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    Went to Arch Enemy/Exodus with a cold and felt pretty shitty, way worth it though

Obviously a cold isn't a big deal but that's all I got lol
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Last year after I saw avenged sevenfold I got two different flus at the same time had to be taken to the emergency room. Was out of work for a week and on a bunch of shit including pain killers. I mainly just slept.

Before I saw black dahlia murder in 07 I tore a ligament in my ankle I went to the show on crutches and held a front and center spot on the barrier all day. It was a festival they headlined.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    The morning of the day I saw Megadeth in 2007(my first metal show) I puked a bunch and had to stay home from school.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    edited March 2012
    Feeling really weak right now. Stomach is acting funky. On my way to a show now. I should have probably eaten today. Oops.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Feeling really weak right now. Stomach is acting funky. On my way to a show now. I should have probably eaten today.
    You think?!?!? <________________>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Yeah. Oops. And wearing my old glasses is making me dizzy. I'll just grab something to eat in NYC.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I've never really gone to a show feeling like shit. Although I skipped The KEN mode/Deafheaven show this past summer because I wasn't feeling up to it.
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I had a major headache at the first Metallinace tour with Helmet, that's it really.
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    never been sick but felt like shit at NEHMF last year and had to sit in seats during btbam/hatebreed :(
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    That must have sucked
    inb4lists
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    The only real problem I have with that is every year for Mayhem Fest.

I get so excited, I can't sleep the night before, and we always leave super-early, so chances are I'll be having a full day as energy-consuming as Mayhem can be on only a couple hours of sleep.

And I have a horrible problem where it seems that the earlier I go to bed, the later I end up staying awake. And if I wake up before my alarm goes off, chances of me getting back to sleep are slim to none. So either way, I'm equally screwed. Thank the Daedra for free rockstar all day.

Melatonin and Tylenol PM are about the only things that keep me in check.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I felt pretty shitty at DevilDriver but once they came on it all went away. Then after the show we ate at White Castle through shit up almost immediately.