Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Post experiences about going to shows feeling like crap

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited March 2012 in Off Topic
I am going to Iced Earth tonight even though i have a nasty stomach bug...figured this thread would get some interesting stories......

Couple years back i had a kidney stone, was in the hospital overnight, and went to see Godsmack the next night. I had to get up and piss every 2 minutes....but happy that i didn't miss the show....

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    about 3 days before the 2008 At The Gates Reunion tour date in Seattle I dumped my motorcycle and left about 12 inches by 6 inches of skin from my right leg on the pavement. I could barely walk and could not run, but like fuck I was going to miss that show. First thing I did when I got in the doors was take whiskey shots until the pain was gone. Then played a little pinball, and then had a great time at the show. Best concert ever. My leg was bleeding afterwards though as the pit re-tore open the wound that had started healing a little.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    never been sick or anything at a show but last year at HeavyTO i got sun burnt really bad the first day (didnt take into account perspiration when applying sun block). it did kind of suck by mid afternoon on the saturday but the adrenaline helped me forget about being burnt to fuck
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I went to Agalloch a day after getting my wisdom teeth out if that counts
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had a broken leg and a terrible stomach bug for ozzfest 06.

what a terrible day, lol
    i'm pretty sure i told you that i was with a white guy for 6 years.
    so you're wrong.
    :D
    anyway , going to shows being sick sucks.
    but you'll be bummed if you miss out
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    I went to Mayhem fest '10 on a broken knee with crutches
    still got rail for hatebreed **==
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i went to a Motograter concert while going through Ativan withdrawals.
    It's all good homiee.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I went to Mayhem fest '10 on a broken knee with crutches
    still got rail for hatebreed **==
    i remeber that...the vid that was posted...with the religious nutjobs

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2012
    Ape has a good story for this.

I haven't really had much experience with being any more sick than a cold.
    But I fucked up my ear back in December, by January it felt weird but I thought it was okay to go to Tool. I WAS WRONG. And so followed a week of pain. Shit still is not normal, and now I think I have permanent damage in both my ears. Tinnitus is insane in both of them now to the point where even watching tv they're ringing.
    image Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2012
    I've neve gone to a show sick. But I did get a cold for a week after Behemoth/Septic Flesh in 2010. Stood outside for 2 hours in about 15 degree weather, 20 mph wind or more and snow every so often. Place I got on the rail was close the the entrance/exit so it wasn't warm where I was. Enjoyed the show though. I remember Nergal looked like he was in a bad mood

Another one was HIM/Dommin the same year in April or May. Went to the show feeling awesome..had a monster and all that junk. For some reason after the opener and after the first song by Dommin, I passed out. I felt like complete shit after that. I couldn't shake the feeling of passing out again the entire time. I poured water on myself mulitple times and drank a shit load of it to try and make it go away but it never did. Managed to stay the whole time but couldn't actually enjoy the rest of the show or HIM. Met Dommin afterwards and gtfo out of Cleveland. But it doesn't end there! On the way back through fuck nowhere Ohio I had to piss extremely bad and had no choice but to wait really long. But..we get pulled over walking distance from Sheetz. Since the car was a rental and whatever the fuck the cop thought it was stolen so this shit took 30 min longer. Couldn't wait anymore so I pissd in a choc milk bottle that was sorta big and filled it. Finalky got to Sheetz and pissed for another minute or so. Shit was horrible and I never want to do that again

Getting migraines at concerts suck too and ruin the whole rest of the day. I've had to leave early because of it
    imageimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    I had maybe the worst hangover of my life when I went to Ozzfest 2000 I believe. Woke up and puked and puked on the way there like 3 times, before I finally just started drinking again, and drank and drank. This worked for awhile until I was barely coherent during Pantera and I just remember trying to eat a piece of pizza on the lawn and just dropping it over and over again. Good Times! \m/
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I've gone to a shit ton of shows sick. Only twice did sickness prevent me from going. Behemoth right after getting surgery and the meds were messing me up and Fear Factory I had a really high fever, the quakes and chilled and I was seeing colors.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Had a pretty high fever so i drank a bunch of water before the Mastoklok show.
    Then the following day went to Heathenfest.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Hey Cheeze - you weren't in very good shape at Maiden in Concord in 2008 were you?
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    that too.
    Didnt necessarily feel like crap but i was in a wheelchair for the first half of that year.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2012
    I went to see Terror and Trapped Under Ice a month after I had knee surgery so I was still on crutches. I managed to get to the front off to the side. Got pushed around a bit a hopped out of the way of stage divers lol

A week prior to that, I went to a festival show to see Weezer, Social Distortion, and Flogging Molly. It was horrible trying to crutch around a futbol stadium for hours.
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    When going to the big 3 last year we got loaded the night before, then had to drive 2 hours to the show.
    Started drinking again and by the time the show started I was good.
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i broke my elbow and had my arm in a sling and was moshing at a 5Fdp show...good times