Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Ozzboards/Ozzfest Invasion Nostalgia Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i went to 2 ozzfests

the first one was my first metal concert ever, first time i ever got real drunk..i barely remember LOG and static x paying and i kinda came too while ozzy was on and was very impressed in how he did. alot of other shit happened that day that i dont really wanna get into lol

the second ozzfest was this last one with motley crue in it... we got there earlier than usual..it was downpouring and i was freezing.. i watched goatwhore saviours and a lil bit of skeletonwitch..then BLS and drowning pool wouldnt even come out so we said fuck it and went home..worst concert ive ever been to , not ozzfests fault tho

i joined the ozzfest forums in 2007 he spring before freefest.. i knew nothing about metal really at all, kept my mouth shut for a long time, maybe had 50 posts in two years i lurked alot..came over to mayhemforums in 2009... thought ozzfest was better initially cuz mayhem was all annoying ass little kids with there dumb little internet lingo and pictures and shit... i would never have came onto mayhem forums if ozzfest didnt crap out and have like 6 posts a day now.. but ive learned to embrace teh mayhem forums..the end

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2012
    2004 was the best. Ozzy, Priest, Slayer, and also got to see a couple of hot girls lez out. 2005 did have Maiden, but i had crappy seats
    I usually would tailgate every year from like 10 am to about 2 or 3 pm, so I saw an endless amount of boobs, lesbianism and such during that time
    this time it was 2 10's, right outside the girls bathroom. i was waiting for my wife to come out and they just started in front of me. and they didnt just make out. when my wife came out of the bathroom, one girl had her faced burried into the other girl. my wife got pissed
    You should have asked them to join you and your wife.

Edit: I mean she couldn't except you not to look, but oh welp
    inb4lists
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Freefest was stupid.
    you're stupid, so there! [-(
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2012
    Freefest was stupid.
    I got 3rd row dead center from the stage for a 10$ ticket upgrade so it made the experience cooler for me. Other than that, the fest was meh.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    2005 had the best lineup. But I enjoyed myself the most at 2006. Even though I did leave early cause I didn't care to see a7x, disturbed or system of a down.. lol
    a7x started doing "walk" and i was like FUCK THIS SHIT. and left.
    a7x started doing "walk" and i was like FUCK THIS SHIT. and left.
    I wonder if they realized they made a good song shitty. :-?
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Freefest was awesome. But 2004 will probably be the best concert I'll ever go to.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    a7x doing a walk cover is like poking an open wound with a rusty blade lol
    Yeah. I was seriously pissed when I heard that, haha. I told my boyfriend "This is fucking stupid. Lets leave." He wanted to see SOAD. But I didn't. So we left :)
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i was at '97, '98, '99, '00, '02 and '04. i had tickets to freefest, but skipped it because i didn't feel like driving up to north carolina in the rain to see a bunch of bands i'd seen before.

i was "what would danzig do?" on the old ozzboards
    Y" He wanted to see SOAD. But I didn't. So we left :)
    ...... :|
    inb4lists
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    a7x doing a walk cover is like poking an open wound with a rusty blade lol
    To be fair, they didn't have nearly as bad of a reputation back then as they do now, doe.
    i was at '97, '98, '99, '00, '02 and '04. i had tickets to freefest, but skipped it because i didn't feel like driving up to north carolina in the rain to see a bunch of bands i'd seen before.

I went every year from 96' to 2007 and then that was it. :-<
    I went 2000-2006.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Back then they didn't have the retarded fans they have now.
    image Photobucket

the '96 tour came nowhere close to atlanta, but i saw ozzy with type o negative and sepultura in '95.

how did you sit through the 2001 show? that was god-awful
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I only went to freefest..

When I was like 9 my cousin offered to take me, but I had no idea what was talking about..
    image Photobucket

the '96 tour came nowhere close to atlanta, but i saw ozzy with type o negative and sepultura in '95.

honestly it was one of the most fun shows i've ever been too. There were more hot chicks there than usual and more nakedness, etc. I didn't care as much about the bands, so I just had a great time and partied and hit on chicks all day lol

honestly it was one of the most fun shows i've ever been too. There were more hot chicks there than usual and more nakedness, etc. I didn't care as much about the bands, so I just had a great time and partied and hit on chicks all day lol
    this would be the only reason i'd ever consider sitting through a motley crue concert