Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metallica Announces Orion Music + More

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2012
    Awe how I truly wish I was there for this epic performance!
    That was actually the first concert I ever went to. It was epic.
    Ugh! I'm so fucking jealous of you! That was literally their best performance!
    Yeah that 89 show in Seattle was one of my all time favorite concerts.... however I think I might have enjoyed seeing Metallica at Lollapalooza in George WA in 1996 more. It was such an epic show.... and the rest of the event was just amazing. check out the lineup.

Main Stage: Metallica, Soundgarden, Ramones, Rancid, Shaolin monks, Screaming Trees, Psychotica

Main Stage on Selected Dates: Rage Against the Machine, Cocteau Twins, Waylon Jennings, Cheap Trick, Violent Femmes, The Tea Party, Wu-Tang Clan, Steve Earle, Devo, 311

Side Stage: Beth Hart Band, Girls Against Boys, Ben Folds Five, Ruby, Cornershop, You Am I, Soul Coughing, Sponge, Melvins, Satchel, Jonny Polonsky, Fireside, Ass Dildo

Indie Stage: Chune, Moonshake, Lutefisk, Capsize 7, The Cows, Long Fin Killie, Thirty Ought Six, Varnaline, Crumb, Korn, Flesh Fetish, Pitbull Daycare, The Sneaches
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    james might sound good on the new songs cause he also recorded them after he turned into a pussy....only song that sounded some what like it was supposed to was Master of puppets when i saw them...there instrumentals are awesome...but far from worth this price....i would pay that tho if they were only playing pre black album stuff...after and justice for all this band is really lame

• Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    james might sound good on the new songs cause he also recorded them after he turned into a pussy....only song that sounded some what like it was supposed to was Master of puppets when i saw them...there instrumentals are awesome...but far from worth this price....i would pay that tho if they were only playing pre black album stuff...after and justice for all this band is really lame

What do you mean recorded them after turning into a pussy? I thought the Black Album was a damn good album. overplayed but still good songs. Death Magnetic and Beyond Magnetic were a step in the right direction. I just hope their new album is more promising.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    They're playing the 'Black Album' and 'Ride the Lightning' in their entirety.
    Where do you see rtl entirely?
    They revealed it on the live stream.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Awe how I truly wish I was there for this epic performance!
    That was actually the first concert I ever went to. It was epic.
    Ugh! I'm so fucking jealous of you! That was literally their best performance!
    Yeah that 89 show in Seattle was one of my all time favorite concerts.... however I think I might have enjoyed seeing Metallica at Lollapalooza in George WA in 1996 more. It was such an epic show.... and the rest of the event was just amazing. check out the lineup.

Main Stage: Metallica, Soundgarden, Ramones, Rancid, Shaolin monks, Screaming Trees, Psychotica

Main Stage on Selected Dates: Rage Against the Machine, Cocteau Twins, Waylon Jennings, Cheap Trick, Violent Femmes, The Tea Party, Wu-Tang Clan, Steve Earle, Devo, 311

Side Stage: Beth Hart Band, Girls Against Boys, Ben Folds Five, Ruby, Cornershop, You Am I, Soul Coughing, Sponge, Melvins, Satchel, Jonny Polonsky, Fireside, Ass Dildo

Indie Stage: Chune, Moonshake, Lutefisk, Capsize 7, The Cows, Long Fin Killie, Thirty Ought Six, Varnaline, Crumb, Korn, Flesh Fetish, Pitbull Daycare, The Sneaches
    I went to that Lollapalooza. I was alright. Besides the Top 3 bands, you can have the rest of the lineup.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    that line up kills
    james might sound good on the new songs cause he also recorded them after he turned into a pussy
    or maybe he just got older?

james might sound good on the new songs cause he also recorded them after he turned into a pussy

Pretty much this. I think all The Big Four bands are unfortunately just getting to the point where they've reached their limits. I mean they're all pushing 50 and they've been screaming, headbanging, and doing thrash for more than 30 years. It really wears on you after a while.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Is there an answer to if this is a one day thing or a tour?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I think it's just two days.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Idk if ill go. Rtl is my favorite Metallica album but the Black album is meh and there isn't enough good support to warrant 175 a ticket plus travel, hotel and other expenses
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    what i meant is that on the newer records he doesn't have the force behind it like he did pre black album....i don't wanna get into this conversation about my dislike for james i have done this many times....some people like him and some don't

I thought the Black Album was a damn good album.

the black album is absolute trash...im still glad i booed them as loud as i could when they played nothing else matters lol
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I spent all my money on Roger Waters tickets last night.

Roger Waters >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metallica
    edited February 2012
    It's an annual 2-day festival as of now.

Pretty much this. I think all The Big Four bands are unfortunately just getting to the point where they've reached their limits. I mean they're all pushing 50 and they've been screaming, headbanging, and doing thrash for more than 30 years. It really wears on you after a while.
    at least all the other bands make an attempt...sure slayer doesn't sound as good as it did....but you don't see tom out there trying to sing there songs like a pussy

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I spent all my money on Roger Waters tickets last night.

Roger Waters >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metallica
    even id have to agree with that
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Im confused. Where is it?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    An airfield in AC
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sucks cause AC is only a little over an hr drive.... maybe if I can score tickets down the road, but by then niggas will be raping you for prices, so I'll prolly miss Metallica again.

I wish they would announce the show, then give you like a month till tix go on sale, not like 3 days... I could save up and go if they gave me like a month, but I cant come up with $400 in 2 days after I spent $500 last night fuck that....
    edited February 2012
    what i meant is that on the newer records he doesn't have the force behind it like he did pre black album....i don't wanna get into this conversation about my dislike for james i have done this many times....some people like him and some don't

I thought the Black Album was a damn good album.

the black album is absolute trash...im still glad i booed them as loud as i could when they played nothing else matters lol
    Well I won't get into much either except to just point out that he's almost 50 years old, and proven fact, he blew out his vocal chords on the Black Album. He can't do it anymore. When you push your voice to the maximum limit like James did he permanently damaged them beyond repair.