Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Any boat fans here?

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Awesome tips Up!!! Thanks. Used it is!

Do they list 0-60 times or anything? How do you know how much power is enough? I realize that with every vehicle, more power is always better... people can't get enough. But I just dont see myself needing the fastest boat around. It would be nice if it was quick enough for some water skiing occasionally... however the main use would be fishing and family time lounging. maybe going off to some secluded area and doing some swimming and fun in the water sort of things.
    thanks. Seems like a 4 banger would be what I wanted if I didnt want a bigger boat. I'd like to get as big of boat as I can, so Im guessing ill be stuck with a gas guzzling 8 cylinder.
    Do you Scuba now? That is something i've wanted to get into, but Im not sure how good scuba is on the great lakes. probably not good at all.

and that is something I will have to consider. I was thinking I wanted the biggest boat I could get so my family of 5 would be comfortable on it for the day. However if that means sacrificing the ability to ski then I will have to weigh the pros and cons.
    \m/ looks fun. I wish it were summer and I could find a steal of a deal like you did. that sure would be fun.
    yeah... lucky bastard.

so do you do a lot of fishing in the summer? you live on a great lake right?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I like motor-boating girls with big boobies....does that count?
    I do zero fishing.
    Lake Michigan is a block away from me.
    I go boating for pure fun and excitement.
    I like going fast, and I love wakeboarding and skiing.

I do have a fishing pole on my boat tho.
    And I usually throw it in the water when I stop to burn one.
    im on lake ontario. never been much of a fisherman, but have always liked it. i wonder what sort of fishing most people do on the great likes? my bet is bigger game. wolies (sp?) maybe?
    Salmon
    Walleye
    Bass
    Perch
    Trout
    Northern Pike

Mainly Walleye is caught around here.
    sweet! I'd love to haul in a Salmon or Bass.

I went deep see fishing in Alaska a couple years ago, and had like a 40lb king salmon get away. Naturally I'm just guessing on the size, but the boat captain who knew this shit told me that. He felt pretty bad that the Salmon got away from us so he took us to his spot for Halibut and we were hauling in 30-40 lb halibut as fast as we could drop our line. That shit was fun... Catching a fish that big takes a lot of work as im sure you know.
    yeah.... reeling them in is fun, however there is something to be said for putting on some good tunes, kicking back in the sun, and just waiting for a bite.
    edited January 2012
    Obviously brews are included... I said it was on a boat right?

I gave up weed a while ago.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited January 2012
    Fishing is tons of fun when you are catching fish.

But fishing sucks balls when you are just sitting there for hours without a nibble.
    Depends on the location. Personally I don't care if I don't catch a thing. It's the experience and being outside that's fun to me. I love being around water.

When we went to Colorado I went fishing almost every day for the week we stayed. The only fish I caught were in a pretty fast moving river and I had to throw them back. I wouldn't of cared if I didn't catch anything though. I usually don't catch anything every time I've gone fishing. But it's so fucking fun!
    ^I'd take you out on my "boat" :x
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Oh stop it, you!
    edited January 2012
    :)) that pic is funny.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I've always wanted a nice boat . If i ever get a enough money I am going to buy a nice boat.
    I use to want to retire in Montana... now I want to retire in some place like Florida where I can go boating all the time.
    I use to want to retire in Montana... now I want to retire in some place like Florida where I can go boating all the time.
    Werd.
    Except there is no snowboarding in Florida.
    I can take plane trips to Colorado a couple weeks a year for that.
    I can take plane trips to Colorado a couple weeks a year for that.
    That's what I keep saying,.... yet I have never been to Colorado.
    you have kids. perhaps your wife is different then mine, but tearing her away from the kids is difficult and I aint going to drop 10 grand to fly then all there.

This is more like a 'when I retire' plan. And if the wife aint down... fuck it. I could be happy being a single boater.
    Sounds like you are on the Hawaii marriage plan.
    If she's fine staying home while you roam the world, seems like skipping Colorado is all you.