Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Christmas 2011 thread

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wake, you seem like an awesome dad
    thanks \m/ although not sure what I said to deserve the complement :)
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I haz so many gifts under the tree
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    christmas is tough this year. made myself a month behind on my mortgage so i could get my kids some gifts this year....
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    wake, you seem like an awesome dad
    thanks \m/ although not sure what I said to deserve the complement :)
    more an amalgam of things. i mean, you're spending a chunk on your kids christmas and i know you've mentioned before that you took them to wiggles concerts. it's rare to see dudes that are really in their kids lives anymore.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I don't even know if we have a tree yet. :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    christmas is tough this year. made myself a month behind on my mortgage so i could get my kids some gifts this year....
    i hear that, brother. everyone i talk to is having a tough time this year. i found out that most of the black friday shit my friends bought wasn't even christmas gifts, it was shit they needed and had to buy it when a deal came up.
    i bought us a miniature tree. it's cute. it's about 2 1/2 feet tall. my son loves it
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    i bought us a miniature tree. it's cute. it's about 2 1/2 feet tall. my son loves it
    Aww. We usually get our tree like a few days before Christmas and decorate on Christmas Eve, but without me there to convince my dad to wait, my sister probably convinced him to get it already.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    is there a reason you're so adamant about buying her something?
    yeah... because i'd feel like a shitty husband for not. I've done that before because funds were tight and I hated it.

I get that she would feel the same way. But I want her to cut down on teh kids presents. She gets them so many presents and 75% of them are garbage gifts that they wont play with after the a day or so. Shit should be cut back to what people actually want and will play with.
    Don't get her anything if she doesn't want anything. You have a family. She would much rather you not get her a gift and would want to spend more on other people. I really think she would be really pissed if you got her something, or would feel terrible since she didn't get you anything.
    Don't get her anything if she doesn't want anything. You have a family. She would much rather you not get her a gift and would want to spend more on other people. I really think she would be really pissed if you got her something, or would feel terrible since she didn't get you anything.
    true. idk. fyi - I let her know that I was spending 150 on her, and we've been back and forth on email all morning about how unfair it is of me to spend 150 on her but not let her spend something on me. I kept telling her that if that is the case she should prioritize presents for the kids. If she spent 150 on me as well, that still leaves like 1200 for 3 kids. I kinda feel that 400 is more then enough for Christmas.

I guess the biggest thing im trying to accomplish is to cut out the presents that the kids really dont want. Every year we buy stuff that they say they want, but we know when buying it that they dont *really* want it and it will just be tossed into some basement box to never be played with again. That kinda pisses me off. If the kids list was only stuff that they really wanted and I knew they would get lots of use out of it... then i'd be totally okay with skipping her present. That isnt the case though. Like my son wants that lego mindstrom robot for 250. Totally cool... he will get lots of use out of that and is very educational. He also wants a 50 dollars lego sorter. :| Fuck That shit. That is a wasted present. He can sort his own legos with his damn hands. it's not like he has a billion legos.
    \m/ that's the way to go as long as you know the bank wont freak on you.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    1300 to spend on kids? the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk?

Lucky lol
    more an amalgam of things. i mean, you're spending a chunk on your kids christmas and i know you've mentioned before that you took them to wiggles concerts. it's rare to see dudes that are really in their kids lives anymore.
    Thanks. I'm probably just over compensating for my dad not being there for my childhood. But, still nice to hear people thinking im doing things right as a dad. :)
    1300 to spend on kids? the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk?

Lucky lol
    tell me about it. My wife also somehow convinced me that the tooth fairy brings 10 dollars per tooth these days. Kinda hard to fight that one when all the neighbor kids are getting that too.
    i called the bank. they waived the late fees for December and January. as long as i am less than 30 days late, this won't show up on my credit report. I'll be cutting it close, but shouldn't be over 30 days late.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    true. idk. fyi - I let her know that I was spending 150 on her, and we've been back and forth on email all morning about how unfair it is of me to spend 150 on her but not let her spend something on me. I kept telling her that if that is the case she should prioritize presents for the kids. If she spent 150 on me as well, that still leaves like 1200 for 3 kids. I kinda feel that 400 is more then enough for Christmas.

I guess the biggest thing im trying to accomplish is to cut out the presents that the kids really dont want. Every year we buy stuff that they say they want, but we know when buying it that they dont *really* want it and it will just be tossed into some basement box to never be played with again. That kinda pisses me off. If the kids list was only stuff that they really wanted and I knew they would get lots of use out of it... then i'd be totally okay with skipping her present. That isnt the case though. Like my son wants that lego mindstrom robot for 250. Totally cool... he will get lots of use out of that and is very educational. He also wants a 50 dollars lego sorter. :| Fuck That shit. That is a wasted present. He can sort his own legos with his damn hands. it's not like he has a billion legos.
    I think that would be a good compromise. Just remember that if she says she does not want anything and you get her something, you will not be getting Christmas sex, lmao.

And yeah, spending less on the kids would be good too. Tell her you won't get her anything if she agrees to not spend money on things the kids won't play with, lol.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I've just decided that I want Tool pit tickets as my main gift this year.
    I love winning with women
    edited December 2011
    one of the present i got for Nicholas. its an IXL. whenever i go shopping at Target, he plays the thing for hours. lots of built in applications. reminds me of a kid version of a Nintendo DS
    i called the bank. they waived the late fees for December and January. as long as i am less than 30 days late, this won't show up on my credit report. I'll be cutting it close, but shouldn't be over 30 days late.
    nice.

My mortgage broker wouldnt give me the same break. He's a little upset that I am trying to sue him... So if im a day late he will foreclose. fucker.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited December 2011
    ,image

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)