Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

volunteering

2»

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I volunteer with 'Habitat For Humanity NOLA' & 'Rebuilding Together New Orleans' (RTNO) on a regular basis. I plan on putting in a lot more time in '12 for sure. It's definitely good feeling to give back to something you love. For me, it's my love for New Orleans.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    The shut-ins are so sad. :(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I volunteered regularly with my local church's youth group for the past 3 years doing soup kitchens and various other stuff. It was about a year in that I decided that I was completely atheist, but I stuck with the youth group because I liked the volunteer work and I was bros with the leader and a few other people in it. But the dude ended up getting fired due to budget cuts and now it's run by the parish priest, so I stopped going.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    a couple times i volunteered to commit a crime and as a result did some community service :-bd
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    we needed 30 volunteer hours to graduate HS.... I did a lot of screwing around at the public library. Also cleaned a few beaches.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i volunteer for a group that helps young kinds stay away from drugs and gangs. I do it through my girls school she works at! We just had a carnival/fair jawn a few weeks ago with food, face painting, petting zoo, ride horses, all kinds of stuff like that, I worked the horse ride area all day and dealt with the pictures! it was alot of fun!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i also got arrested back in the day and had to do comunnity service, but that doesnt count, lol....