Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Dexter Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Deb needs to die. I swear if they do the whole dance where Dexter swindles the bad guy and everything turns out great at the last minute, fuck man. For the most part I've been entertained with this season, unlike most people who seem to hate it. I do think that of all the directions it could have went, how the hell did we get here?
    image Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jobe said:

Hey Deb, Hannah is gonna chill here at your house because heading to international waters in my boat makes too much sense.

spot on. lol
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd nail the Asian dudes daughter.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not sure how I feel about the ending yet...
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Kinda bummed that Masuka wasn't in the finale at all, to be honest.. lol.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited September 2013
    I'm for the most part happy with it. Harry, Rita and Deb all died because of him..so there's the "love" part. If they really want to stretch it and count Vogel, that works too. Plus it made most of the bullshit this season make sense with bringing Hannah back and dragging out the process of hiding her. I'm just really fucking glad it wasn't the same ending to every other season. And I really happy he didn't kill himself. Bitch move.
    image Photobucket
    Everything about the finale was just a bunch of shit that would have never happened IRL. And it was annoying. Hannah being in the airport without getting caught. Dexter taking Deb out of the hospital. Idk, it was just annoying. This whole season was full of dumb shit that no one cared about. What was the point of Masukas daughter? Who gives a shit about Vogel? No one. The whole season sucked. However. I am pretty content with the ending. I've seen a lot of people say that don't get it. I do. The show started with a guy who was a complete sociopath. He never loved. Never fit in. But wanted to.. through the years he started to feel love.. Then recently, he did. He finally found it. Even though he decided to stop killing, he was STILL killing people he loved. I feel like he KNEW he needed to suffer for the things he did, so suicide wouldn't be possible. I HATE that he left Harrison with Hannah. I wish someway somehow, Harrison would've been left with Jaime. But whatever.. In my head I have it imagined that years down the road Dex will find Harrison.. Because the thought of him ditching his kid drives me insane. This last season sucked, but the last 20 minutes made up for it.
    I agree with the first part of what Monicaa said.... And wanted to add to the 'it wouldnt happen in real life'... No way in fuck a single dad is going to leave his child with a gf. No fucking way, it isnt happening. And yeah, getting out of the airport.. bullshit. taking deb off of life support, and walking out of the hospital with her... bullshit.

The only way this show ends with any sort of decency is with Dexter being murdered (not suicide) or arrested as the bay harbor butcher. It's just crap. you know why they didn't kill dexter? Is because there is still money to be had with this show. Betcha they are going to ink a movie to be released in the next year or so.

the show is just dumb. They should have taken some tips from Vince Gilligan how how to end a series.
    The Dexter since Harrison was born would have NEVER left his child.. ever. I was thinking movie or spinoff series.
    exactly... No way. The season 3 (maybe 4) dexter might have, but when he started realizing how much he loved Rita, that was the moment that dexter changed. Harrison was easily the most important thing to him, no way he leaves him. No way... It's just stupid that they ended it that way.
    If he did leave him, it would've been with Jaime. Not anyone else. She's the only one who really knows him..
    yeah, but he wouldnt really leave him. It's just so dumb. Because he got to the point where he doesnt need to kill anymore... So just go to South America and meet up with your future wife and kid and live happily ever after. I mean the only reason why people he loved ended up dying is because he was killing people. If he actually devoted his life to being a good dad, then i feel pretty strongly that he would be able to protect those he loved. And considering he was done killing, would have been easy to do.

Show just sucks. I feel pretty betrayed with the way the show ended. They suck my in with a good series though 4 seasons and then fuck everything up
    The show peaked at season 4. After that the show was just kind of slow. This season sucked. the finale really didn't disappoint me TOO much.. I just don't think Dexter would have left Harrison.

I'm going to miss Dexter, it's been a good 8 years.. Sad the show never got the recognition that Breaking Bad has gotten.. i'm also stuck on season 3 of BB and it's boring as shit.

I hope there's a spin off. I want to know what happens with Harrison.
    What if Dexter never worked for Miami Metro and he was always a psychopath lumberjack?

What if he was never really a psychopath and it was all just a dream ;)
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They should have ended the series when Rita died, that would have been the best ending ever. Hated the finally, hated this season, glad the show is over.
    Didn't really care for the series after the season Rita died. Shit pissed me off.