Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Black Sabbath Announcement....

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    I support their right to tarnish their legacy more then they already have. L-)
    come on now, they have done LESS to tarnish their legacy then most bands of that era
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Boston date.... Boston Date....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    zerofucksgiven.jpg
    *Sips tea*

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Even if there's only 2 US dates, one of them will probably be in LA... to which I will go with friends.
    not if its in may :P
    "The band, which recorded its last studio album of all original material in 1978, told a Los Angeles news conference they would perform at the Download Festival in England in June 2012, and then embark on a world tour."

:P
    so youre not coming back again in august? :(
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Even if there's only 2 US dates, one of them will probably be in LA... to which I will go with friends.
    not if its in may :P
    "The band, which recorded its last studio album of all original material in 1978, told a Los Angeles news conference they would perform at the Download Festival in England in June 2012, and then embark on a world tour."

:P
    so youre not coming back again in august? :(
    Who's to say it'll be be around here for that week I'm there in Aug (if I even have enough extra money at that point)? We'll cross that bridge when we get to it lol.
    I love winning with women
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this news probably means no ozzfest this year lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    this news probably means no ozzfest this year lol
    Well, if it starts in Europe immediately following Download, and it only lasts for 10-15 dates, they could make it to the US and do it as Ozzfest.
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    come on now, they have done LESS to tarnish their legacy then most bands of that era
    fucketh has a point. you don't see people clamoring for doobie brothers or peter frampton tours much nowadays
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    They could do ozzfest but id rather see Sabbath without the all day festival
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    queerosexual
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    fucketh has a point. you don't see people clamoring for doobie brothers or peter frampton tours much nowadays
    I would go to Doobie Brothers and Peter Frampton, just saying.
    queerosexual
    I should say i wouldn't mind ozzfest if the lineup is good. But I want a long Sabbath set
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    i'd rather see black sabbath on ozzfest then a black sabbath tour.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I would want to see them on Ozzfest for the amount of bands and pliant festivals kick ass but on the other hand id like their own tour for the set time. Fuck it I just want to see them
    edited November 2011
    i miss ozzfest. its the OG of touring metal festivals. theres nothing quite like seeing an ozzfest banner on top of the side(s) and the village of the damned.
    EDIT: and all the metalhead freaks that show up \m/ **==
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My only complaint about ozzfest, is I wish after 07 free fest they would have just said, "alright guys... it's been a nice run but its done. Ozzy isnt getting any younger and really can't do this shit anymore so instead of ruining the legacy we made with this show... it's over. thanks dudes. stay metal \m/"

Instead its like 5 years of "stay tuned for ozzfest! it is going to be the best ever!!! ZOMG!" fuck ozzfest
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    they planned a "new" album with rick rubin at the helm in '98 and it completely fell apart

not holding my breath