Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

False Metal News of the day

Comments

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    That's what I've learned from some of the above text. Or some text in another thread. Can't remember which
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    either this thread or the false metal rant thread
    imageimage
    but all the time he's all like

"sLiPkNoT iz falze metuhlz omg they suck they are gay"
    he claims just because he likes them doesnt mean they dont suck
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Legendary guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB, SOULS OF WE, DOKKEN) is in damage-control mode these days and wants to retract any of his earlier statements concerning a possible reunion of the classic lineup of DOKKEN. According to an official press release, Lynch "apologizes for being preemptive and [claims that he] just simply misspoke in his excitement." He says, "We are TALKING about a possible reunion for 2011, but it's still in early stages!"

All the members of DOKKEN's classic 1980s lineup reunited on stage for the first time in more than a decade on November 29, 2009 at the House of Blues in Anaheim, California. According to Andrew Youssef of the OC Weekly, Don Dokken appeared on stage and said he had some friends he wanted to introduce. Jeff Pilson (bass) and George Lynch (guitar) joined Mick Brown (drums) for a two-song encore of "When Heaven Comes Down" and "In My Dreams".

Watch fan-filmed video footage of the performance below.

DOKKEN's Anaheim, San Diego (Nov. 28) and Hollywood (Nov. 27) shows featured support from LYNCH MOB in what marked the first time ever that the two bands had shared the stage. (Note: DOKKEN and LYNCH MOB played together at the October 2009 Loud Park festival in Japan, but they did not perform on the same stage.)

In an interview that aired on the February 21 edition of the "Turn It Up" show on the WSCA 106.1 FM radio station, Lynch stated that LYNCH MOB's West Coast run of shows as the support act for DOKKEN inspired the four members of DOKKEN's classic lineup to begin working together again. "Yes, actually it has," he was quoted as saying. "And that's something that isn't gonna happen for a little while. We all have our respective commitments, meaning Jeff, Mick, Don and myself are all real busy this year doing other things. But we've all made a commitment to each other to dedicate ourselves to getting back together. We've already got three songs on the table and we're gonna continue to write throughout the year and put the whole business together and probably go in the studio late fall or early winter of this year and then have a record out toward late spring of next year, and then hit the road."

The entire 27-minute interview in which Lynch discusses the new DOKKEN material offers an update on SOULS OF WE will be re-aired during "Turn It Up" on Saturday, February 27 at 6:00 p.m. EST.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I expected the Aerosmith tour to be in here today lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dream Theater is dead to me. Portnoy should die like the Rev for drumming for that terrible band.

Further proof that Magson is the most ignorant piece of shit I've ever seen.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    I'm not ignorant, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Portnoy might as well die for lowering himself to that shitty band.
    But thats just Mike Portnoy, thats not all of Dream Theater.
    He is a member of Dream Theater, and has ruined the band.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    So there are 2 L.A. Guns? lol

Phil Lewis' L.A. Guns:
    Phil Lewis - vocals (1987-1995, 1999-present)
    Stacey Blades - guitar (2004-present)
    Kenny Kweens - bass (2009-present)
    Steve Riley - drums (1987-1992, 1994-present)

Tracii Guns' L.A. Guns:
    Jizzy Pearl - vocals (1998-1999, 2009-present)
    Tracii Guns - guitar (1983-2002, 2006-present)
    Jeremy Guns - bass (2006-present)
    Chad Stewart - drums (2007-present)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I looked it up.

"In 2002 Tracii left the group forming Brides of Destruction with Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx. The remaining members decided to continue on without Tracii, adding guitarist Stacey Blades and releasing new material on the album Tales from the Strip. After Tracii put the Brides on hiatus he formed a solo band he eventually renamed L.A. Guns. Both bands continue to tour under the L.A. Guns moniker."
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I guess i would prefer the Phil Lewis L.A. Guns,but i used to like Jizzy Pearls old band Love/Hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H8l9oxUgck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esROqI-AUYs

....Just for the few that don't remember love/hate.

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Washington rock/post-hardcore outfit The Fall Of Troy has officially called it quits. Since 2002, the group has released four albums, including three with Equal Vision Records. Thomas Erak (guitar, vocals) has issuedd the following:

"After nearly 9 years, 5 full-lengths, 2 bass players, hundreds of shows, and numerous other achievements and follies, Andrew, Frank, and I have decided to end our career as The Fall of Troy.

"This band has been my life, my love, the air I breathe, the food I eat, and what helps me sleep (and sometimes keeps me up) at night. I love and cherish the music we've made, the times we've had, and all the great friends we've met along the way. Andrew, Frank, and of course Tim, will always and forever have a special place in my heart. But it has come time for us to call it a day. After everything's said and done, there is no drama, there is no blow out, it's simply the three members of this band are on three different paths in our lives.

"I always hold true to the fact that it's better to go out in style, to ride off into the sunset, than go down in flames. This tour coming up with Envy On The Coast and Twin Atlantic will be our last go round, and we really hope that all of you will come out and celebrate what has been so unreal and unbelievable – let's dance one last time!

"We would really like to thank everyone that's ever been involved with the band, managed the band, booked a show for us, let us eat your canned food, sleep on your floor, asked us for a picture, caught me when I've almost been dropped, put out a record for us, driven us through a late night drive thru, or anything else any of you could possibly look back on and enjoy what this band was...Fun.

"So make sure you come out to 'The Marked-Men of 2010 Tour' as it will be our last hurrah! We love you, and will be giving as much love as you've given to us at these shows. So that's that! We love you with all our hearts, thank you from the very bottom of them, and goodbye comrades."
    I love winning with women
    no
    NO
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    wtf :(
    imageimage
    Metal-1
    False metal-0
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Lol I only know one of their songs.