Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Semper Fi: Marines Coming To Protect Protesters On Wall Street

Comments

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
    We're finally on our own.
    This summer I hear the drumming,
    Four dead in Ohio.

Gotta get down to it
    Soldiers are cutting us down
    Should have been done long ago.
    What if you knew her
    And found her dead on the ground
    How can you run when you know?

Gotta get down to it
    Soldiers are cutting us down
    Should have been done long ago.
    What if you knew her
    And found her dead on the ground
    How can you run when you know?

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,
    We're finally on our own.
    This summer I hear the drumming,
    Four dead in Ohio.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    people this has been happening since the sixties, 4 kids fuckin died at kent state from protests in 69, never mind some silly little pepper spray..nothing is going to come from this cuz the govt doesnt care about our safety or best interest, just keeping us in line, the sad truth
    if thing don't change soon were marching towards another cival war
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    let freedom ring with a shotgun blast?

**==
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    people this has been happening since the sixties, 4 kids fuckin died at kent state from protests in 69, never mind some silly little pepper spray..nothing is going to come from this cuz the govt doesnt care about our safety or best interest, just keeping us in line, the sad truth
    if thing don't change soon were marching towards another cival war
    ya imo i dont think so, our country is not even NEARLY as divided as it was in the 60's....the sixties had very distinct different views in the USA...you had the young hippie type liberals and the old timey 50's style type conservatives...there was a very unpopular war going on with a country wide draft..there were civil rights riots and soicla unjust marches constantly and we still didnt really come close to an kind of a civil war....also the civil war of old was divided by north and south...i dont really see as strong of dividing lines in our society today
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    What Nola said. There's still plenty of issues in this country that need to be addressed, but no blood is going to be shed over it.

Once these fucking hippies realize that they can get the system to be in their favor (a.k.a fucking voting) then change will be more rapid.
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    edited October 2011
    Occupy Wall Street began as a protest mainly driven towards removing corporate influence from government proceedings. However, the group only recently submitted a missionary statement (http://nycga.cc/2011/09/30/declaration-of-the-occupation-of-new-york-city/) and they have a General Assembly that meets twice everyday where protesters can participate and have there voices heard about ideas about the movements, decisions, work groups, and such. It's really quite cool, you can watch them if you get on the livefeed at the right time. It's a veritable government not unlike the General Assemblies held by the French during the French Revolution.

To Nola and BT, this is a PEACEFUL protest, they are not seeking any kind of blood. They merely want the government to ban economic power from having influence upon the democratic process.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Silly canadiens, stay out of our business eh
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

To Nola and BT, this is a PEACEFUL protest, they are not seeking any kind of blood. They merely want the government to ban economic power from having influence upon the democratic process.
    Yeah I know that. I was just agreeing with Nola that what the government is doing won't make people cause a civil war, lol. And that people need to learn what voting is.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Canadians with an "A" eh! only the french use the Canadiens spelling. C,eh,N,eh,D,eh.......eh
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Canadians with an "A" eh! only the french use the Canadiens spelling. C,eh,N,eh,D,eh.......eh
    You have milk in bags. And for that, I will never forgive you.
    WE HAVE MILK IN JUGS TOO. JUST NOT EVERYWHERE!

I've been following this movement for like 6 months lol. Watch that shit grow, in fact, I will be participating in starting a protest in Toronto in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I was considering going up there...
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    GO, in fact check http://occupytogether.com/ and click on events, to see if there's a local protest near you trying to gain strength. These are not just stupid riot and protest because we can people, they are doing something that is drawing on the same powers that YOUR FOREFATHERS called upon to create the constitution and everything that America was actually based upon. You may not see a Civil War, but there will be social rEVOLution.
    like ellie said the war is won in congress and voting, not hippies in the streets singing the indigo girls
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Keen to get beat up by a man in uniform Brit?
    as much as i love grass roots shit and power to people and all that jazz, i really cant stand protesting.....
    to me its like walking for cancer...just give money or help out in a real way dont do something completely useless like walking
    We're not fighting a war. We're bringing the people back into democracy.
    by chanting useless slogans and getting pepper sprayed?? hows that bringin democarcy to the people tell me....why dont you do something usefull like notifying your congressmen or get petitons signed or something like that
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    GO, in fact check http://occupytogether.com/ and click on events, to see if there's a local protest near you trying to gain strength.
    The one in Philly is tomorrow. Not going to make it to that one. If I get enough homework done before the weekend, I'll just head up to NYC on Saturday.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html