Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Yahoo's Top 10 Worst Heavy Metal Albums of All Time

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I LOVE Distortion to 11!
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    I think the big story here is that Xeno finally made a thread that wasn't a complete exercise in retardation.

great job Xeno!! =D>
    L O L
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    bullshit on #7 strange the greatest Metulz album ever was Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell tell d00d to fukkov
    Heaven and Hell is an awesome album
    But so is Live Evil
    I like Never Say Die
    But Born Again is pretty horrid
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    there not the worst metal albums of all time

100000 times better than any krokus, gwar, , whitesnake, winger, i could go on and on
    you're young, so you don't really have much insight on what it was like to hear 'load' for the first time when it came out. it was kinda like finding out your wife cheated on you.
    lol very true, i didnt even pay attention to metal when i was young, i was chillin with some hootie at the time...

but in fairness you had the black album before it to sort of warn you, it wasnt like it went from puppets to load..
    yeah. i see it a lot more now. but the black album at least still carried on the same sort of (for lack of a better word) heavy metal tone and outlook. they went from 'of wolf and man' and 'the god that failed' to 'ain't my bitch' and 'fuel'. i sold all my metallica cd's after i heard that shit. they turned into the type of music that i hated. i still don't get it. and i know that i, along with most other real metallica fans, was right based on how they've attempted to return to their original thrash sound now that the radio tards have mostly abandoned them. it wasn't just them. megadeth released 'risk'. anthrax tried to grunge out their sound ("ooooooooooooonly!"). testament even took a bite with 'low', before retreating to death metal. that's why dudes my age love pantera, slayer and sepultura.
    The worst part of The Black Album was prior to it, Metallica had been completely underground, with no radio play, and only the video for "One" on MTV. After it, half the album had videos, and it was everywhere. It went from going to school and fighting the jocks for listening to "crap" aka, Kill Em All through AJFA, to every douchebag in school blaring Enter Sandman like it was the greatest thing ever. Imagine if over the summer every asshole you hated just woke up one day and started dressing and acting just like you, when for years before they did nothing but give you shit for nothing but being yourself. It really did feel like watching the football team bang your ex, every day at high volume. Fuck that album so god damned hard.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I like every one of Testament's albums and Low wasn't that much of a departure from the other stuff at all. TSOWN, I think fit John Bush better. It was different, but still a pretty good album.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    KISS the Elder is a very good album...but not Metal
    Motley Crue's S/T with John Corabi was their best since Dr Feelgood
    Fear of the Dark was a great album. if they want to pick a maiden album they should have went with a Blaze album
    Bark at the Moon - i am a fan of Jake E Lee, and it was a good album
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I dont see how you compare St Anger to either Load or Reload. I agree all three suck, but load/reload are at one level of suck, and st anger took it to all new heights.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo

100000 times better than any krokus, gwar, , whitesnake, winger, i could go on and on
    you're young, so you don't really have much insight on what it was like to hear 'load' for the first time when it came out. it was kinda like finding out your wife cheated on you.
    lol very true, i didnt even pay attention to metal when i was young, i was chillin with some hootie at the time...

but in fairness you had the black album before it to sort of warn you, it wasnt like it went from puppets to load..
    yeah. i see it a lot more now. but the black album at least still carried on the same sort of (for lack of a better word) heavy metal tone and outlook. they went from 'of wolf and man' and 'the god that failed' to 'ain't my bitch' and 'fuel'. i sold all my metallica cd's after i heard that shit. they turned into the type of music that i hated. i still don't get it. and i know that i, along with most other real metallica fans, was right based on how they've attempted to return to their original thrash sound now that the radio tards have mostly abandoned them. it wasn't just them. megadeth released 'risk'. anthrax tried to grunge out their sound ("ooooooooooooonly!"). testament even took a bite with 'low', before retreating to death metal. that's why dudes my age love pantera, slayer and sepultura.
    The worst part of The Black Album was prior to it, Metallica had been completely underground, with no radio play, and only the video for "One" on MTV. After it, half the album had videos, and it was everywhere. It went from going to school and fighting the jocks for listening to "crap" aka, Kill Em All through AJFA, to every douchebag in school blaring Enter Sandman like it was the greatest thing ever. Imagine if over the summer every asshole you hated just woke up one day and started dressing and acting just like you, when for years before they did nothing but give you shit for nothing but being yourself. It really did feel like watching the football team bang your ex, every day at high volume. Fuck that album so god damned hard.
    I am sorry.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    they just should have listed iron maidens discography for this
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

My dad always tells me the exact same thing. He said the few weeks after the Black Album came out you saw a change at the High Schools and every douchebag jock was blaring Metallica.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    lol
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol
    the thing is when I saw Shanes name as the last post, I think I predicted the post word for word. Not even sure why I still clicked on it.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    hey i haven't made an iron maiden jab in a while, it was due time
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

My dad always tells me the exact same thing. He said the few weeks after the Black Album came out you saw a change at the High Schools and every douchebag jock was blaring Metallica.
    i don't remember that at all. all the jock douches down here liked vanilla ice or billy ray cyrus (depending on their side of the tracks) when the black album came out. it wasn't until '96-'97 that jocks got into metal around here, mostly due to korn. pearl jam, stone temple pilots and oasis really caught on with jocks before the 'load' albums came out. you can tell with the "post-grunge" shit that's out now how big of an influence those bands were.
    The Black Album signaled the Death Knell for Metallica as a metal behemoth, and as the standard in thrash metal....
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I'm not even that mad at Chinese Democracy being on the list, I am surprised it wasn't number one. Bark At The Moon gets me more, if they had said something that was credible I wouldn't be but they simply said the Keyboard player had to much spotlight, so what?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Hey welcome back lol
    I love winning with women
    Hey welcome back lol
    RIGHT? I wondered what happened to dis fool.....
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NO YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED BACK! I HAVEN'T GOTTEN OVER YOUR ABSENCE YET!
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    welcome back... hows life been?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?