Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bus-sized dead satellite may hit Earth on Friday

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol. okay... so now what happens to the human skull when his with a quarter traveling 110 mph? Are you going to take this one for science too? You stand on the side of the road... I'll pass at 110 mph, and toss out a hand full of quarters.... Whose going to youtube this shit?
    Let me get to class and I'll see if I can find the amount of force necessary to crack or fracture the human skull, and if a quarter traveling at 110 mph constantly would be enough to break that.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Physics and rocket science :X
    no1curr

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Physics and rocket science :X
    You're fucking crazy, dude.
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Haha, I can only hope that someday I can work on something as cool as a satellite.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    why dont you start working on something as cool as a vagina...
    Physics is cool, but I'd shoot myself if I were told I had to be good enough at it to work on rockets and satellites.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Physics is cool, but I'd shoot myself if I were told I had to be good enough at it to work on rockets and satellites.
    What do you mean? this didnt make any sense to me...
    Meaning I love physics, IE the study of energy, motion, etc. But if someone told me that I had to have such massive conceptual understanding of the way things work, I would not be happy. IE, I couldn't see myself ever coming close to having more than a Physics 101 education in the subject.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    3 ounces
    140kg = 3 ounces?
    Yooz a dumbass queerznola
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    lol. okay... so now what happens to the human skull when his with a quarter traveling 110 mph? Are you going to take this one for science too? You stand on the side of the road... I'll pass at 110 mph, and toss out a hand full of quarters.... Whose going to youtube this shit?
    :))
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol'd hard
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Meaning I love physics, IE the study of energy, motion, etc. But if someone told me that I had to have such massive conceptual understanding of the way things work, I would not be happy. IE, I couldn't see myself ever coming close to having more than a Physics 101 education in the subject.
    oh. I think you are over estimating what is involved in that sort of thing. When you get into rocket science or satellite science, you need to have a strong grasp on the general science behinds things.... But as far as actually calculating shit like how much radiation you will see in a geo orbit from aug 2013 -to aug 2024, they have software that does all those calculations for you. You just need to understand the basic's... how to interpret the outputs and what to do with it. Like... the software will tell me that I will see 120 krad's of radiation over some time frame, so when I go to build my computer chips I need to take that number and input it into the tools so the tools take that into account. idk... yeah it's science and there are a lot of concepts and theory, but you are probably making it out to be more complicated then it really is. Computers solve most of the problems. you're just along for the ride to make sure the computers gave answers that look somewhat right.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    oh. I think you are over estimating what is involved in that sort of thing. When you get into rocket science or satellite science, you need to have a strong grasp on the general science behinds things.... But as far as actually calculating shit like how much radiation you will see in a geo orbit from aug 2013 -to aug 2024, they have software that does all those calculations for you. You just need to understand the basic's... how to interpret the outputs and what to do with it. Like... the software will tell me that I will see 120 krad's of radiation over some time frame, so when I go to build my computer chips I need to take that number and input it into the tools so the tools take that into account. idk... yeah it's science and there are a lot of concepts and theory, but you are probably making it out to be more complicated then it really is. Computers solve most of the problems. you're just along for the ride to make sure the computers gave answers that look somewhat right.
    You don't think that all those scientists know the meanings of all those formulas used in the software so that they can troubleshoot when something goes wrong? They may not have to construct every equation themselves (although I bet they do that quite a bit) but they certainly have to identify which formula they need and why. And I'd say it's more believable that they have a great enough understanding of all the physics involved so that they can construct/derive an equation/formula rather than them memorizing so many individual formulas to choose from.
    For the last 5 years I have worked designing satellites. I am speaking from experience.... I wasnt saying you don't have to have a firm grasp on the science involved, but I was just trying to let Wine know that it isnt as involved as he was making it out to be. Computers make the job 99% easier.
  • cherry_or_gtfocherry_or_gtfo Posts: 1,348 salt miner
    My brain just imploded.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    lol'd hard
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    In the mean time the satellite said fuck that shit
    image Photobucket
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My brain just imploded.
    mine probably would've too if i actually read what people were talkin' about. this is why you shouldn't read....that and reading is bad for your eyes.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Any word of where it hit? I'm assuming it hit by now...