Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MACHINE FUCKING HEAD Unto the locust leak Judas Priest/Rush Cover added

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    the solo in Be Still and Know has an "Aesthetic of Hate" sound
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll give this a shits and gigs spin later this year.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Finished it...I liked it, but by the end I felt the same was as I did for The Blackening "I fuuucking get it"

I just can't listen to them for long periods at a time
    image Photobucket
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited September 2011
    About to listen to this now. I am hell is one of the heaviest machine head song's i've ever heard.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I'm about halfway through Be Still And Know. I fucking loved I Am Hell and this song is pretty good.
    edited September 2011
    I am on the last song right now. This album is fucking killer i am gonna listen to the album about a million times before it even comes out.
    Finished the album. Typing review.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Downloading now

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ughhhhh my computer is broken
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited September 2011
    That was pretty good. I Am Hell was easily the best song.
    Post edited by OPP on
    I love winning with women
    Let me start this off by saying I’m a huge Machine Head fan. The Blackening is one of my all time favorite albums, and I love pretty much everything they’ve done (I don’t even mind their Nu-Metal-phase music). That being said, I was very much looking forward to this album. I liked the Locust Advance Mix, even though I didn’t think it was up to par with what they had done. But in the end, Unto the Locust was a great album. I don’t think that as a collective album it was as good as The Blackening, but there are some individual songs that are some of the best that Machine Head has ever done. The album’s first track, “I Am Hell”, is one of those songs. It starts off with a Latin vocal chant, which sounds pretty cool but I didn’t really care for it. The post-chant intro, however, is fucking insane. Slow, heavy chords resonate while Flynn screams about hell, wrath, and things of that nature. The main song starts after this, and drips with extremely fast riffing and such, followed by solos. The song eventually morphs back into a slower, more “epic” feeling song, and ends. The next song, “Be Still and Know”, is a pretty straightforward Machine Head song. Pretty much the only originality to it was the fact that Flynn sang in a higher pitch than usual, and it sort of gets old after awhile. The third song is “Locust”. I don’t really have to describe it since it’s been out, but I like it. The fourth song, “This Is The End” is a great song with a great fucking riff with a great groove to it. The fifth song, “Darkness Within”, is in my opinion the best song on the album and my 4th favorite Machine Song ever (behind Descend the Shades of Night, Halo, and Imperium). It might even move up on that list. I really have no way to describe the song; you just have to fucking hear it. This is followed by “Pearls Before the Swine”, which is another pretty straightforward MH song. It has all the core things you would expect from one of their thrashterpieces. The final song on the album, “Who We Are”, is pretty good. I can’t really complain, but it’s nowhere near the level of “A Farewell to Arms” when it comes to album closers. Overall, Unto The Locust was a great album, but there really was no following The Blackening. Had all of the album’s tracks been on the same level of I Am Hell and Darkness Within, it would have matched The Blackening, but alas it was not to be. Download it or pick it up when it comes out, it’s worth it.

Overall: 9/10
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    ima just wait for it to be released...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    My second favorite song titled "Pearls Before Swine"
    image Photobucket
    My favorite song is be still and know .
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Okay I just downloaded it onto my computer now how can I transfer this onto Itunes? Yeah I know this is probably a dumb question but I need to listen to it.
    you need a rar expander.
    okay it kept saying that rar is not valid or some shit like that.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    fuck.yes. stealing now, fuck it i can't wait for the 27th....
    edited September 2011
    Assuming you don't do this much, and don't have a large variety of file types that you need to open, this is a quick download that opens rars
    http://www.extractnow.com/#download

Click and drag the fild in there and it should extract it on it's own or ask you if you want to.
    image Photobucket
    Assuming you don't do this much, and don't have a large variety of file types that you need to open, this is a quick download that opens rars
    http://www.extractnow.com/#download

Click and drag the fild in there and it should extract it on it's own or ask you if you want to.
    Okay thanks. Yeah I never do this but I felt the need to download when it leaked.