Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

impending terrorist attack?

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shane, not true. Even if we get out of their country, Al Qaeda wants our heads for killing Osama Bin Laden.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    =)) You gotta pop that cherry somehow, Skully. Catz will do it for free. :))
    LOOOOOL
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    WHAT? THE LAND OF THE FREE? WHOEVER TOLD YA THAT IS YOUR ENEMY!
    \m/
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ^ HEY! how u get pics to work?!?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world could actually come to an end. The plain fact is, religion must die for mankind to live. The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having in key decisions made by religious people. By irrationalists, by those who would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn't learn a lot about it. Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith, and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do. Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, "I'm willing, Lord! I'll do whatever you want me to do!" Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas. And anyone who tells you they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. This is why rational people, anti-religionists, must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious really need to look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a terrible price. If you belonged to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest. To do otherwise is to be an enabler, a mafia wife, for the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers. If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up or die.

not a huge bill maher fan but this could be the best paragraph on religion ever
    ^ HEY! how u get pics to work?!?
    like this

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    its html or some shyt like that..
    derp in the drinking thread must have broke it
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Religion = Aliens according to the history channel so.....i blame E.T
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Religion = Aliens according to the history channel so.....i blame E.T
    :)) :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i dont see how religion is to blame, its the people, not religion. do you honestly think someone who is willing to believe they have to blow themselves up only to kill a few people in the name of their religion is the most stable person? last i checked killing is wrong in the eyes of most religions. you can't judge a religion, a society, a community, a race, or whatever based on the actions of only a handfull of people. i say "handfull" because the ratio of good people who don't do terribly wrong things in a certain group by far outweighs the people who do terrible things that are apart of said group.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Islam>christians/chatholics
    i dont see how religion is to blame, its the people, not religion. do you honestly think someone who is willing to believe they have to blow themselves up only to kill a few people in the name of their religion is the most stable person? last i checked killing is wrong in the eyes of most religions. you can't judge a religion, a society, a community, a race, or whatever based on the actions of only a handfull of people. i say "handfull" because the ratio of good people who don't do terribly wrong things in a certain group by far outweighs the people who do terrible things that are apart of said group.
    Oh i completely agree. I just say almost all the worlds terror/ wars is over God,Allah,E.T. Just cause people dont know how to be sane and stable about following a "deity" aka alien who told bin laden to do it. I'm sorry for all the alien jokes ive been watching that show a ton lately.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    God/Allah are the same thing...
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    God/Allah are the same thing...
    I AM NOT ALLAH!
    Oh i completely agree. I just say almost all the worlds terror/ wars is over God,Allah,E.T. Just cause people dont know how to be sane and stable about following a "deity" aka alien who told bin laden to do it. I'm sorry for all the alien jokes ive been watching that show a ton lately.
    lol its cool, i thought it was funny cause i watch that show all the time. yeah, i agree. a lot of wars were started over religious beliefs. i was just trying to remind people that its the people, not religion itself.
    lol its cool, i thought it was funny cause i watch that show all the time. yeah, i agree. a lot of wars were started over religious beliefs. i was just trying to remind people that its the people, not religion itself.
    I know its the people and i think that it is crap that whole religions get pulled into play by extremists and it is a shame that people get scrutinized due to their religion when they are our equals. It really is disturbing how much damage people can do when they take religion to a whole other level then what it is truely intended for. Religion long story short was just a way for people in ancient times to explain things they did not understand.