Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol @ comparing Rammstein to Slayer...

• AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    That's your opinion but I like them both and I didn't compare the music just the intensity
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i don't get the rammstein appeal at all. they're just a run-of-the-mill mid-90's ministry wannabe. i guess if you plug at it long enough, you'll develop a following from people who can't get enough of that shit. i feel the same way about manson. dude's been putting out the same fuckin' album for more than a decade and he wasn't original to begin with. i can't imagine him doing anything live that he hasn't beaten like a dead horse for 15 years. rammstein look smart now for avoiding the states for so long. now it's a big event for them to tour. someone should reinvent shock rock, because it's stale as fuck. i should get myself a clown mask and play some pop tunes with some noisy wolf eyes sounding shit over it to make it scary. i'll make millions
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    for once, me and Abba agree
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rammstein suck doe. Idc what their live show is
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yet Satan likes bands like pig destroyer and thinks it's good. That's what is fun everyone likes different things. What I think is good you may think is shit and vice versa. Isn't life grand.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This board needs more Fascism
    What about that motorhead package makes it worth that much? There is nothing overly special.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yet Satan likes bands like pig destroyer and thinks it's good. That's what is fun everyone likes different things. What I think is good you may think is shit and vice versa. Isn't life grand.
    pig destroyer have the best drummer in metal
    The amount of fucks I give = 0
    GG Allin shock rock > the rest dont even come close.
    more like GG Allin > Bad Luck 13 > The rest.
    i toured with the impotent sea snakes one summer. they fuck each other on stage
    i don't get the rammstein appeal at all. they're just a run-of-the-mill mid-90's ministry wannabe. i guess if you plug at it long enough, you'll develop a following from people who can't get enough of that shit. i feel the same way about manson. dude's been putting out the same fuckin' album for more than a decade and he wasn't original to begin with. i can't imagine him doing anything live that he hasn't beaten like a dead horse for 15 years. rammstein look smart now for avoiding the states for so long. now it's a big event for them to tour. someone should reinvent shock rock, because it's stale as fuck. i should get myself a clown mask and play some pop tunes with some noisy wolf eyes sounding shit over it to make it scary. i'll make millions
    I enjoy industrial metal, I always have. I like ministry too who says just because someone else did it nobody else can. So Alice Cooper should have been it, nobody else after him. They must have something going to afford the stage show they have, their following in Europe and Russia is bigger than almost any band you can name. I like a little more substance in my music than just beating on a drum and slashing a guitar.
    i toured with the impotent sea snakes one summer. they fuck each other on stage
    sound like bad luck and GG except they are violent and start riots too.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Could never get into Rammstein but I see where people are coming from with their show.
    edited May 2012
    I like ministry too who says just because someone else did it nobody else can.
    it's called originality. look it up. it's pretty cool.

besides, my point was that rammstein came out in a flurry of other like-minded ministry wannabes. they've just outlasted the likes of god lives underwater and stabbing westward.
    So Alice Cooper should have been it, nobody else after him.
    that would make sense if alice was the first shock rocker.
    They must have something going to afford the stage show they have, their following in Europe and Russia is bigger than almost any band you can name.
    so does justin bieber. same argument is same. next...
    I like a little more substance in my music than just beating on a drum and slashing a guitar.
    does not compute.

it's now substantial to copy ministry???
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm with Satan on this one.
    I like ministry too who says just because someone else did it nobody else can.
    it's called originality. look it up. it's pretty cool.

besides, my point was that rammstein came out in a flurry of other like-minded ministry wannabes. they've just outlasted the likes of god lives underwater and stabbing westward.

Nothing is original
    So Alice Cooper should have been it, nobody else after him.
    that would make sense if alice was the first shock rocker.

First to make it famous
    They must have something going to afford the stage show they have, their following in Europe and Russia is bigger than almost any band you can name.
    so does justin bieber. same argument is same. next...

Ya but they are a metal band that does it. Pop always has a huge following but for a metal band to get that big you gotta at least respect that
    I like a little more substance in my music than just beating on a drum and slashing a guitar.
    does not compute.

it's now substantial to copy ministry???
    Just saying that I like keyboards and different things in my music more than just like a four piece