Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    just registered for the pre-sale \m/
    Yay(: is the date 4.6 or 4.13 for pre-sale? Or before 4.6?
    i dont know. its probably on the site somewhere
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i just took the survey too. does anyone actually win from taking the survey? lol
    Me and Will did last year.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I still think its a pretty good line up except for AILD and HOF and Slayer (because they're boring)

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    To think ROTR would be full of a ton of great bands is like hoping there's a chance that Britney Spears isn't fucking nuts.

But it works out for the most part. Most of the good bands play the mainstage...I camp the mainstage all day. All is well.
    I did miss Static X on the side stage but that was about it.
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Oh look, more complaining about the lineup......... <_>

ROTR and Mayhem are two different festivals, you can't really compare them. ROTR can get bands Mayhem can't because it's much less of a time commitment. ROTR should have a better lineup every year for that reason. Anyway, ROTR is like $200 for me when you consider tickets and hotel and Mayhem will be $25. Seems about right as far as price goes. I do wish there were another band or two but I enjoy every band on Mayhem except for the terrible trio of Whitechapel, TDWP, and AA.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I don't care. ROTR is bettah [-(
    imageimage
    ROTR is 200 for tix and hotel???
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    ROTR is 200 for tix and hotel???
    Field GA ticket is around 150 after fees and the hotel deal I'd be getting with Brad and Dayna would be 73.
    I don't care. ROTR is bettah [-(
    Well it should be every year. This is the first year that it actually is lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    plus driving costs and food lookin at like 450...hmmm
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Nola trust me if it's a party you seek it's a party you get at rock on the range.

One of the favorite stories for my wife to tell is when I went to rock on the range 09. I had discovered a margarita booth at rock on the range and decided to get more bang for my buck. I had only been drunk one time before this. They warned me they were strong I had three, within an hour. They were pretty big too. Even my friend who was a seasoned drinker at the time got drunk off them. Anyway I called Courtney and told her I may need her to pick me up at my friends when we got back into town. She asked why and I said I had drank a little. We left and two hours later I was still pretty buzzed. She got out of the car dying laughing because my shirt was torn I had random stickers on me and was wearing beads to go with multiple hats ( still have no idea where they came from). She said it was one of the funniest things she has ewe seen.

And this is how a good portion of the crowd was by the end of sunday
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    it really depends on a few things on whether i could possibly go

1 i have a job opportunity coming up if i get then i will be able to go
    2 if i get at least 400 back from my taxes i could possibly go, i will find this out prob tomm
    3 i would need a ride, if my friend doesnt or cant come then im pretty SOL unless someone will pick me up cuz my car blows and im not getting another plane ticket cuz i already bought 2 for mdf
    What about monicaa for the ride?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i dont even really live that close to monica...
    i will try my best within reason to go...but if i go and jay is there he is having a beer with me i will not except no for an answer
    make his cherry poppin beer a labatts B-)
    labatts is my concert/party beer
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    nola, drive to my house and we'll road trip it in my car \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Lol
    nola, drive to my house and we'll road trip it in my car \m/
    idk i would if it was plausible.. but ohio is 10 hrs away and ur 6 hrs away in the other direction.. i dont think my shitty car could even survive 6 hrs straight of driving...