Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Joe Elliot doesn't think Def Leppard is popular enough.

2»

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Beatles deserve any props they get
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    possibly but paul mccartney as a solo artist does not
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    no they don't. not anymore. they really weren't that good. seriously. they were like the eminem of rock music. there was 10 good years of rock music before they broke that gets ignored because it was mostly black music. they just anglicanized it more successfully than anyone before. that's why whites have a raging hardon for them while black people couldn't care less
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    no they don't. not anymore. they really weren't that good. seriously. they were like the eminem of rock music. there was 10 good years of rock music before they broke that gets ignored because it was mostly black music. they just anglicanized it more successfully than anyone before. that's why whites have a raging hardon for them while black people couldn't care less
    to each there own...i'll continue to listen to my Beatles CD's, songs that have been in the rotation for the last 38 years. Lennon, Harrison, McCartney and Starr combined to create some great songs that are timeless. if it wasn't for that bytch Yoko, they would have put out more great music
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i prefer lennon solo
    i'm mixed on Lennon's solo stuff. depends on which songs Yoko was part of the songs writing, or did backup vocals (nails on chalkboard). Imagine is one of my favorite all time songs.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited August 2011
    pfft palease, i wont take anything away from black music in the 50s...i love early rock n roll, doo wop, blues etc but little richard and chuck berry never wrote no something, i will, let it be, the long and winding road, blackbird, yesterday, a day in the life, etc

like john said the beatles deserve EVERYthing they got......i will admit that some of there early recordings were black ripoff music ( i tend to beleive more of an homage than ripoff like elvis) but theyre later stuff was clearly there own and ushered in a new era of music
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What has 9 arms and sucks?
    EL OH EL