Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Joe Elliot doesn't think Def Leppard is popular enough.

OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
edited August 2011 in Off Topic
According to Australia's long-running rock station Triple M, DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has slammed the British music press for allegedly not giving his band the respect it deserves.

Elliott told Triple M: "I was having a little bit of a bitch to the press because… there are certain glossy magazines in England that will do nothing except put McCartney/Lennon, Springsteen, Michael Stipe, Bono, blah blah blah… on the front cover and they think people like us and Jon Bon Jovi and Lemmy and anybody that's not Michael Stipe or Bruce Springsteen… they think that we're like morons and stupid."

He continued, "We've sold more records than Morrissey and I think I'm a better singer than Morrissey and we think we write better songs than Morrissey yet they'll still think that Morrissey is really cool because he was once in THE SMITHS.

"I've got nothing against Morrissey, I've got something against the press that think that way."

DEF LEPPARD's "Pyromania" (1983) and "Hysteria" (1987) albums sold over ten million copies each in the U.S. alone.
I love winning with women

Comments