Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The drought and famine in Somalia have killed more than 29,000 children under the age of 5

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Mikey T for President
    B-)
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    no! do not donate shit to a country that did it to themselves by having shitloads of kids
    we have our own debt to deal with
    Our problems are absolutely nothing compared to theirs. I say donate the fuck out of 'em!
    Give 'em food! They're people just like Americans, and it's not like donating through organizations like redcross and stuff will interfere with anything going on here. Seriously, America can do more than one thing at the same time, don't act like helping Somalia is going to halt any progress in the US.
    Unless you feel like you could personally tell a Somalian family that they did it to themselves and should fuck off.
    yea thats a great idea so when the grow up they can be good little militants and hijack ships and kidnap people. this country is a blight, absolutely nothing of worth comes from Somalia and Mogadishu is one of the most dangerous places in the world. Whats the point of helping people who will attack you at the first opportunity?
    Wow, rational thinking, Shane!
    ever stop and think WHY the dreaded Somali Pirates exist?
    here's a hint: vessels containing more wealth than the GDP of your country can be found in shipping lanes not far from your coastline. you are surrounded by crushing famine and poverty with zero chance of escaping this economic nightmare. Hmmm, that tanker full of crude oil or electronics would start looking pretty tempting awfully quick if it were me.....NOT saying it's ok, but hungry people don't stay hungry for long....
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    here's a hint: vessels containing more wealth than the GDP of your country can be found in shipping lanes not far from your coastline. you are surrounded by crushing famine and poverty with zero chance of escaping this economic nightmare. Hmmm, that tanker full of crude oil or electronics would start looking pretty tempting awfully quick if it were me.....NOT saying it's ok, but hungry people don't stay hungry for long....
    ....EAT - THE - BABIES!
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    ....EAT - THE - BABIES!
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
    ....EAT - THE - BABIES!

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    ^Some of the best literature I was ever forced to read in high school.
    I love winning with women
    ^Some of the best literature I was ever forced to read in high school.
    Yeah, I really enjoyed it too, and it fits the thread freakishly well.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited August 2011
    yea, they tend to have a habit of dying...

also, the UN could hand them 100 billion in aid and they would just start killing each other faster. some place are beyond repair, Somalia is one such place
    Post edited by Shane on

also, the UN could hand them 100 billion in aid and they would just start killing each other faster. some place are beyond repair, Somalia is one such place

Ok, I never said hand them billions in aid.....I suggest sustainable investment in their infrastructure, light commercial and industrial manufacturing...next-gen power grids, and vocational training....train them to DO something and earn a living....I bet they can make a GAP hoodie as well as a Sri-Lankan person can...

Ok, I never said hand them billions in aid.....I suggest sustainable investment in their infrastructure, light commercial and industrial manufacturing...next-gen power grids, and vocational training....train them to DO something and earn a living....I bet they can make a GAP hoodie as well as a Sri-Lankan person can...
    to stabilize Somali in any way you would have to prop up one of the warlords. give them enough arms and money to wipeout the resistance. no form of democracy could survive thier. in the end it would result in a totalitarian state with a government that either rules with a bloody iron fist or it would be about as effective as the government in Afghanistan
    Shane, Democracy is a new, westernized experiment.....not all countries throughout the world are meant to, or should try to, have a democracy modeled on America....Afghanistan is a loosely controlled tribal system based on geographic binds, and has been so for like a 1000 years....forcing democracy on them as we are trying to do is akin to Jurassic park the movie, where you introduce something completely alien into an environment that was never meant to be.....Imo, i think nothing can ever be done to solve the world's suffering completely....And I DEFINITELY feel it is not america's job to police the world or nation-build in order to push commercial product on an impoverished society.....
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    we're trying to get rid of terrorism and protect our allies, at least thats what i've always thought.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    god's punishment is rude [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

we're trying to get rid of terrorism and protect our allies, at least thats what i've always thought.
    :-j
    LOL the united states foreign policy has absolutely nothing to do with national security
    LOL the united states foreign policy has absolutely nothing to do with national security
    really you must be st00pid... so when USA Gov sends billions of dollars in foriegn aid its not to keep their enemies satisfied

[-(

blue turbins

really you must be st00pid... so when USA Gov sends billions of dollars in foriegn aid its not to keep their enemies satisfied
    go ahead believing the government has the best interest of the people in mind, i'll be chill'in here in reality
    edited August 2011

to stabilize Somali in any way you would have to prop up one of the warlords. give them enough arms and money to wipeout the resistance. no form of democracy could survive thier. in the end it would result in a totalitarian state with a government that either rules with a bloody iron fist or it would be about as effective as the government in Afghanistan
    Shane, everything you've said has been some grand conclusion without a suggestion as to how or why anything would result from that conclusion. Oh, prop up a warlord? Are you writing a Vin Diesel movie? Also, you're right, it's not a walk in the park to set up any new government, not really anything I can say to that, but if we can help the people can get organized, they'll start doing some shit for themselves. South Korea has had a fairly successful democracy as far as I know, and that started out as a Japanese occupied Cold War cluster fuck.
    go ahead believing the government has the best interest of the people in mind, i'll be chill'in here in reality
    No one said the government necessarily had the best interest of the people in mind, but they have to act like they do.
    let me break down foriegn policy for y00z

1. Nuclear Countries get the most Money like payin your worste enemies not to beat you up on the school yard

2. Rich countries like Suadia Arabia and England Spain and such get Gormae state dinners and asses kissed

3. Third World starving countries get Bags of Rice and cheep Grains

[-(

blue turbins