Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MANSFIELD

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    :-?

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i might have access to the VIP tent tomorrow, so i would get free water :)
  • A_Beautiful_TragedyA_Beautiful_Tragedy Posts: 259 salt miner
    oh whatever John :p I might be texting you for some water :)
    we'll see. i have to first get the wristband from the IAVA tent. supposely, they will give wristbands to any current serviceman or veteran that can show a military ID. i dug mine out just for it
  • A_Beautiful_TragedyA_Beautiful_Tragedy Posts: 259 salt miner
    That's pretty cool of them to do.....
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    have fun melting tomm lol
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Good luck. Honestly I would probably go if I could find someone to come with me. I just dont feel like making this heat adventure by myself.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    is anyone going to hartford???
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Yesterday was a ton of fun despite the unbearable heat. Review soon.
    Mansfield Mayhemfest 07/22/11

Go there at 3PM and stayed thru Godsmack, left before Disturbed. Met Jamie Jasta and the rest of Kingdom of Sorrow. Got the military wrist band and it got me one water...yay. Hotter than fuck but kept hydrated and did fine. Don't even have a sun burn :) bank diown the street from the venue had a sign that said it was 106 degrees.....

All Shall Perish - caught 3 of their songs. not that impressed, but because i did'nt see all of their set i'll give them an incomplete

Kingdom of Sorrow - Last year saw them at Ozzfest without Kirk and in the rain. Much better this year with Kirk, even with the sound cutting out during their second song. Crowd was into it and the pit was going. Meeting them afterwards gives them some extra points 7/10

Suicide Silence - shyt! 0/10

Unearth - would say shyt, but i admit i got my head bobbing to their music 1/10

Machine Head - very loud. could barely hear the vocals and guitars over the bass and drums for the first 2 songs, but once that ironed out, sounded great. they were given a 5 minute warning before they started Halo. out of the 3 times i've seen them, was the most enjoyable. 8/10

In Flames - incomplete - didnt catch any of their set

Trivium - caught up on my reading the mayhem program and rested in my seat. they still suck 1/10

Megadeth - heard Mustaines voice has been off lately but i didnt hear it. spot on. whole set sounded great and i enjoyed it. 9/10

Godsmack - sounded great. best part was the dueling drums. first time i got it up close. its amazing to watch, both are extremely talented drummers

me with Jamie Jasta

Flickr
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    I had a ton of fun yesterday in Mansfield despite the blistering heat all day. The day started really early when I woke up early, ate breakfast with my friends and headed to the Comcast Center, arriving at around 12:30. After waiting around for an hour they let us in and the day began.

It was disgustingly hot out, with temperatures in the high 90s/low 100s all day. Staying hydrated was a challenge but my friends and I managed ourselves well through the heat.

The first band that played was Dead Season, the Jager Band. They were awful, one of the worst bands of the day. I walked away halfway through their set. 2/10.

Straight Line Stitch played next and they have the honors of being in my top 5 worst bands ever seen. They were terrible, I watched one song and then proceeded to get as far away from the stage as possible. Ugh. 0/10.

Red Fang played next and they were great. One of the better bands of the day, their whole set was a ton of fun. Nobody moved around for them until the end of their set, but everyone watching was into them. I'll definitely see them live again. 7.5/10.

Reverse Thunder
    Sharks
    Malverde
    Wires
    Good to Die
    Prehistoric Dogs

All Shall Perish played next. I was anticipating their set a lot, it was finally my first time seeing them. The crowd was into them, they were the first band all day to get the crowd moving a lot. Their set was great and I can't wait for the new album.

Wage Slaves
    Gagged, Bound, Shelved, and Forgotten
    There Is No Business to Be Done on a Dead Planet
    Procession of Ashes
    In This Life of Pain
    There Is Nothing Left
    Eradication

Next was one of the bands I was most excited for, Kingdom of Sorrow. They were amazing despite sound problems during my favorite song of theirs (Free the Fallen) which they had to cut from the set because of time after their PA blew out. Despite that they played a great set. Seeing Jamey Jasta perform live with any of his projects is always a treat. It was cool to see Kirk Windstein again as well. One of the best sets of the day. 9/10.

Behind the Blackest Tears
    Free the Fallen (first minute or so until the sound went out)
    ??? (A song that was supposed to appear on Jasta's solo album)
    Enlightened to Extinction
    Begging For the Truth
    Monuments of Ash
    Led Into Demise
    Lead the Ghosts Astray
    Buried In Black

Suicide Silence played next and like usual, they were awesome. It had been a year since I've seen them last and they sound better than ever. I was a little disappointed that they played only two songs from The Cleansing, but it was a great set regardless. 8.5/10.

Wake Up
    Unanswered
    You Only Live Once
    Fuck Everything
    Disengage
    Slaves to Substance
    No Pity For a Coward

After Suicide Silence I felt like I was going to pass out so I cooled off in the shade and got water during Unearth. I wanted to see them and I'm sure that their set was fun but they aren't worth it for me to pass out during their set.

Once Unearth was just about to finish up, I went to the Revolver Stage and got a great spot a few rows back for Machine Head. I'm so glad they played on the side stage because I wouldn't have been able to feel the intensity of their set on such a big stage. They absolutely killed it on the Revolver Stage, they had the crowd going insane the entire time. Because of time issues they had to cut Aesthetics of Hate from their set, but it didn't put a damper on their performance for me. Fantastic set. 9.5/10.

Imperium
    Beautiful Mourning
    Locust
    Halo

In Flames closed out the side stages with an average set. It was nothing special and the majority of the songs they played sucked but it could have been worse. Anders sounded extremely drunk on stage and just talked aimlessly when they could've had time for another song. Hopefully when I see them on a headlining tour their set will be better, but I (along with everyone else) won't hold my breath. 6/10.

Cloud Connected
    Alias
    Pinball Map
    Deliver Us
    The Hive
    Where the Dead Ships Dwell
    The Quiet Place
    Take This Life

After In Flames, I bought some merch at the tents with my friends as we made our way to the lawn for the main stage.

We got to the lawn just as Trivium was starting. It was my fourth time seeing them and I honestly could not have cared less about their performance. No one was into it and they didn't sound good at all on the main stage. I would have enjoyed their set more if it were on the side stages, (and if the played Pull Harder) but whatever. Boring set. 5/10.

This might be incomplete/out of order.

In Waves
    A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
    Like Light to the Flies
    Built to Fall
    Down From the Sky
    Throes of Perdition

Up next were the thrash legends Megadeth, my first time seeing them. The crowd was into it, but from the lawn I couldn't get into it as much as I wished. Everyone on the lawn was sitting down and nobody was moving around. The set was still enjoyable though, even if it was nothing out of the ordinary. 7.5/10.

Trust
    Hangar 18
    Wake Up Dead
    Head Crusher
    A Tout Le Monde
    Public Enemy No. 1
    Symphony of Destruction
    Peace Sells
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

Finally, the first rock/metal band I ever listened to took the stage, Godsmack. It was my first time ever seeing them in the 12 years I've been listening to them. I've had opportunities but I was always too young, they were on a shitty bill that wasn't worth the money, or I had no ride. But finally I'm old enough to actually drive and they were on a worthy show, so there was no way I was going to miss it. Their set was so much fun for me because of the serious amounts of nostalgia that I felt during their older songs. The new stuff comes off good live, and they had a great set that mostly everybody enjoyed. The pit on the lawn finally opened up and their were a ton of people moshing. Nobody was sitting down in their seats or the lawn. The hometown band got a great, warm response playing to their home crowd and they along with the fans enjoyed every minute of it. Excellent set, the most fun of the day for me. 9.5/10.

Cryin' Like a Bitch
    The Enemy
    Forever Shamed
    Straight Out of Line
    Awake
    Speak
    Love-Hate-Sex-Pain
    Voodoo
    Batalla de Los Tambores
    Whatever
    I Stand Alone

It was a group decision to leave before Disturbed to beat traffic and because they play the same set every time you see them. Godsmack were the perfect way to end a very fun day. I can't wait until next year!