Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Metal industry is a sad, sad place...

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I used to buy tons of albums but I can't really afford to now that I go to a lot of shows, and I buy merch at those shows.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    thats why when you KNOW that your band isnt banking in DIMMU-Money.... you get a fucking side job. Like every other metal musician.

It's never been a money-driven industry... he should have gone into pop if that was what he wanted.
    dont u think he should at least be able to support himself tho?? i mean cmon its a little upsetting
    tell that to people who have been making albums for 15+ years and still work some shitty record store retail job.

this guy is just being a little bitch.

and yea.... being able to support yourself by making music would be great, but like i said before.... its just not something to realistically look forward to by making metal.
    eh, i just think that someone who is talented in an artform that he dedicates most of his life towards he should at least be able to put food on his table from it. the faggot record exec doesnt have two jobs...
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Im'ma be a Metal Producer just to be a dickhead. :-bd
    Roadrunner is a shitty label anyways, it's their fault for signing with them in the first place.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well they make shitty music so roadrunner shoulda been perfect for them
    well they make shitty music so roadrunner shoulda been perfect for them
    Very true.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Im'ma be a Metal Producer just to be a dickhead. :-bd
    Way to fuck over the the people with the same dream you used to have :-bd
    imageimage
    Lol, helping a band make their album sound better and helping them record is fucking them over? Alrighty.
    It's not the producers or anyone involved with mixing that's the problem, it's the labels. Specifically the execs who make money off of other people's hard work and talent.
    It's not the producers or anyone involved with mixing that's the problem, it's the labels. Specifically the execs who make money off of other people's hard work and talent.
    Yup yup. And Erik, you said you'd be a metal producer just to be a dickhead. I figured you wanted to make money and fuck bands over to be an asshole. And what would make you think you'd improve a band? A lot of metal bands don't like it when their sound is changed
    imageimage
    Then you clearly don't know how the Music business works. There's barely any albums out there that are 100% the band's work. Producers and ARs are there for a reason and know what they're doing. They add stuff in, take stuff out, make suggestions, etc. And it generally makes for a way better sounding album.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this guy got that he paid for. roadrunner is a) a total joke now (nickelback, shitknot, etc) and b) they are attached to a major label now. basically, roadrunner is just a brand and while that brand may have been known for quality 20 years ago, it's just another bought-and-sold american commodity with no substance behind it anymore (hello harley-davidson!). if he wanted a label to baby him and promote him despite shitty sales, he should've signed to a true indie and foregone the advance. you never hear this sort of shit coming from a relapse or southern lord band, just guys that signed to major labels without making major label music. in this day, it is waaaaaaay too easy to produce and release music on your own. the internet is an awesome platform. to sit and complain because some company gave you money and you didn't make that money back for them is retarded when the entire process is completely unnecessary. i've never been much of what you'd call a "professional" musician, but i have made money off of music before because i marketed it myself. the days of "hey, i'm gonna sign with this big label and go on tour and fuck groupies and make millions" are pretty much over. even the justin biebers of the world are more a property than anything else. those labels make sure that they own everything so once his buzz dies down, they don't have to pay him anymore and can sell the songs to commercials and make more money. just look what backstreet boys are having to resort to just to get the mortgage paid. to sum this up: he's whining because he went about things the wrong way and it didn't work out for him. he can blame downloading for his issues all he wants, but it's not like that's just going to go away. he's not fuckin' john galt.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Metal Blade > Roadrunner
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited June 2011
    Indie Recordings > all
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    man... i liked Mutiney Within
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Never listened to them. But I swear if his statement makes pirating music an even bigger issue where they hunt you down, arrest and fine you like you raped and pillaged an entire town I'm not going to be happy
    imageimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Never listened to them. But I swear if his statement makes pirating music an even bigger issue where they hunt you down, arrest and fine you like you raped and pillaged an entire town I'm not going to be happy
    we must destroyamotherfucker
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I record at home obviously and have tons of equipment, but the sad reality, is once it takes a professional turn, you pretty much have to sign a deal if you wanna go any further.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I met Mutiny Within. :c
    imageimage