Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Metal industry is a sad, sad place...

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Suicide Silence aren't THAT popular <_>
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    ^lolno
    Dumbest thing you said.
    Metallica make more then Gaga and other major pop stars by far. Your logic is flaw just like your game.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    That's what you think. <_>

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    while i do think its sad some of these bands cant evencontinue their dream in the music industry the fault lies 90 percent in the industry and not in the fans, so i dont like it when they try and make us feel bad cuz i dont wanna spend 20 bucks on a mutiny within cd..... its corporate america fault and making people feel like criminals for wanting to listen to music and not go bankrupt is dumb
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^lolno
    Dumbest thing you said.
    I agree with Ed. Unless you are in a popular form of music you're really not going to be making much. It doesn't help that at those shows the kids get tons of money from mommy and daddy to spend on merch.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    ^lolno
    Dumbest thing you said.
    Metallica make more then Gaga and other major pop stars by far. Your logic is flaw just like your game.
    Lol Metallica hasn't been metal since the 80's. Fuck out of here.

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Metallica had time to build up their fanbase. We're talking new bands here.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

Not according to many many people
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    He said metal in general.

He wasn't talking about new bands.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOLWUT?!? You clearly haven't seen the absolute swag that is Mitch Lucker's house.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    edited June 2011
    thats why when you KNOW that your band isnt banking in DIMMU-Money.... you get a fucking side job. Like every other metal musician.

It's never been a money-driven industry... he should have gone into pop if that was what he wanted.
    Sure, SS is the most known and popular deathcore band. But I could bet Killswitch Engage and others make more then them
    imageimage
    Those "people" are pissed off "I only listen to real metal" elitist.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    thats why when you KNOW that your band isnt banking in DIMMU-Money.... you get a fucking side job. Like every other metal musician.

It's never been a money-driven industry... he should have gone into pop if that was what he wanted.
    dont u think he should at least be able to support himself tho?? i mean cmon its a little upsetting
    Those "people" are pissed off "I only listen to real metal" elitist.
    Lolwut? I said that in accordance to the many metallica fans that still classify them metal

imageimage
    LOLWUT?!? You clearly haven't seen the absolute swag that is Mitch Lucker's house.
    Sorry, I don't watch Mtvs Cribs anymore
    imageimage
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

dont u think he should at least be able to support himself tho?? i mean cmon its a little upsetting
    tell that to people who have been making albums for 15+ years and still work some shitty record store retail job.

this guy is just being a little bitch.

and yea.... being able to support yourself by making music would be great, but like i said before.... its just not something to realistically look forward to by making metal.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    He wasn't on Cribs...<_>
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i dont even bother downloading music anymore. i just go to bands' facebook or myspace pages if i wanna give them a listen and if i like them i buy their album.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie