Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official DEATH Appreciation Thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    anyone who would listen to those shitty deathcore bands but then say that the band that *created* death metal is "meh" should be shot.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Lol you guys got your panties in a knot. I like Death but I'm sorry I don't jizz all over the floor everytime I hear one of their songs. They're good, don't get me wrong, but they're no where near godlike like you all make them out to be. Just because they were arguably the first death metal band doesn't automatically make them saints
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Lol you guys got your panties in a knot. I like Death but I'm sorry I don't jizz all over the floor everytime I hear one of their songs. They're good, don't get me wrong, but they're no where near godlike like you all make them out to be. Just because they were arguably the first death metal band doesn't automatically make them saints
    no the fact that their the BEST death metal band ever does
    Just because they were arguably the first death metal band doesn't automatically make them saints
    maybe not, but it definitely means that they deserve some fuckin' respect.

too many false metal queers on this forum

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    this band is pretty bad.
    this band is pretty bad.
    FAIL

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited June 2011
    death is pretty awesome and i like all there albums, that being said they dont really stray from there sound all that much over there career so if u like one of there albums you prb like them all, if you dont like one of there albums you prob dont like em all...ive never really heard anyone say i like one or two death albums but the rest suck...not saying this is a good or bad thing just sayin its true
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this band is pretty bad.
    so says the guy that says led zeppelin is awful.
    death is pretty awesome and all there albums, that being said they dont really stray from there sound all that much over there career so if u like one of there albums you prb like them all, if you dont like one of there albums you prob dont like em all...ive never really heard anyone say i like one or two death albums but the rest suck...not saying this is a good or bad thing just sayin its true
    I'm saying it is a great thing. Consistency is something that is almost never achieved by bands.
    well when it comes to metal i usually enjoy consistencey..... its hard to judge sometimes..

sometimes u have a band thats makes a drastic change in sound and your like wtf is this shit?

other times it seems like a band releases the same fucking album every year

death switches it up just enough so that its a little fresh but still at the core pretty similar

which is good
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this band is pretty bad.
    so says the guy that says led zeppelin is awful.
    Nobody listens to anything that Shane has to say about music. His tastes are equally as bad as Eriks
    maybe a smidgen better than erik but still pretty bad lol
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited June 2011
    why because i don't jizz myself over lame death metal and boring post-shit?
    well when it comes to metal i usually enjoy consistencey..... its hard to judge sometimes..

sometimes u have a band thats makes a drastic change in sound and your like wtf is this shit?

other times it seems like a band releases the same fucking album every year

death switches it up just enough so that its a little fresh but still at the core pretty similar

which is good
    Right.... consistency is bad if you just take the same song and just recycle it over and over and do nothing original. But like you mentioned, Death switches it up a little to keep things fresh and original, and without bringing the suck. Death is consistently fantastic, which is almost impossible to do.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Sorry but I could name a bunch before them
    Just because they were arguably the first death metal band doesn't automatically make them saints

I never said I don't respect them. They deserve mad respect for what they've done but I don't find them to be godlike musically
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this had better be a helluva list...
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Derp everywhere...
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Derp everywhere...
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip

I never said I don't respect them. They deserve mad respect for what they've done but I don't find them to be godlike musically
    ok, lets see this list chief