Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    One of these days, people will stop downloading everything they can, because bands won't be making enough money, and will stop touring, i support my favorite bands, i buy albums. :-bd
    inb4lists
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Dude i buy albums too and i am going to summer slaughter. But i still download music because i can haha.
    I have only ever downloaded music from 4 bands, but i own albums from all 4.
    inb4lists
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    One of these days, people will stop downloading everything they can, because bands won't be making enough money, and will stop touring, i support my favorite bands, i buy albums. :-bd
    black dahlia murder should donate all the money they earn from album sales to at the gates.
    You know someone is straight up LYING when they say they don't download music.
    Fuck off and lie about something more believeable.
    Why would i be lying? I really have only downloaded music from 4 bands, ask Slapguitar, Rush, Iron Maiden, Between The Buried And Me, and Megadeth.
    inb4lists
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    You know someone is straight up LYING when they say they don't download music.
    Fuck off and lie about something more believeable.
    the only music i use to download was shit that i had to get imported into Canada. then my music store closed and now i download everything

Buying every cd that comes out would cost to much. I buy the albums that i reallllly want and download the rest.
    Buying every cd that comes out would cost to much. I buy the albums that i reallllly want and download the rest.
    I know a lot of people who like hard rock and some metal, so i have borrowed a ton of cds, plus my older brother was huge into stuff like Thrice, Sublime and Silverstein, and he had over 200 CDs, so i have gotten nearly a third of my music from borrowing CDs, i own about 80 CDs, and i used to get itunes cards, and every once in a wile my dad will buy 2 $15 itunes cards, and i get his songs and put them on his ipod, and for doing so i get the 2nd card, so i have a ton of music, i did download the entire discography from BTBAM, Rush, Iron Maiden and Megadeth, but i own Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction from Megadeth, Colors Live, The Great Misdirect and the EP from BTBAM, Killers and Number Of The Beast from IM, and Moving Pictures from Rush.
    inb4lists
    edited June 2011
    I currently have 7,152 songs on my computer.

At .99 cents per song.
    I have about 4000 on my ipod, and i have two 350 GB hard drives full of music, another one half full, and about 75 CDs, none of which are on my hard drives.

Plus all the stuff i have borrowed from my brother.
    inb4lists
    I have 5,177 on my itunes. I had to re download a bunch of albums i own because it's a pain in the ass
    putting every good cd i want on my laptop rather then just downloading it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i have 107,344 mp3s.

where's my cookie???
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have around 10,000 and it would be downright irresponsible to pay all that money when there is an illegal but uninforced free method.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    i have 107,344 mp3s.

where's my cookie???
    inb4lists
    The only record store around me that has a ton of awesome metal cds charge 18 plus dollars a piece.
    I have around 10,000 and it would be downright irresponsible to pay all that money when there is an illegal but uninforced free method.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    I have over 12,000 songs and not one have I paid for. Yet the bands don't seem any poorer... Hmmmm
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    I have over 12,000 songs and not one have I paid for. Yet the bands don't seem any poorer... Hmmmm
    I didn't say right now lol
    inb4lists
    Katatonia posted an interesting and informative (although extremely long) article about illegal downloading and how alot of bands actually encourage it and it's instead the record companies that are killing the music industry, not the illegal downloaders. I don't expect many people to read it, but here it is anyway.

http://thequietus.com/articles/06318-how-the-music-industry-is-killing-music-and-blaming-the-fans