Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**The PANTERA Appreciation Thread**

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I'm talking about individual talent, as a guitarists, Dimebag was barely better than Zakk Wylde.
    He is way better than Zakk Wylde, that isn't saying much though.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I don't play guitar, oh and btw, Vinnie Paul is a joke.
    inb4lists
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    i wouldnt put Pantera in meh top 20 list

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I agree with that, I will go and say Rex Brown is one of the most underrated musicians ever.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    so much fail so little time
    I wouldn't put them in my top 100, but they alright.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    I wouldn't put them in my top 100, but they alright.
    wutz said^^^

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I agree with that, I will go and say Rex Brown is one of the most underrated musicians ever.
    Hellyeah and Vinnie are a joke, Rex Brown is cool, yeah he's underrated, he's the only guy anyone ever forgot about in Pantera, real fans of Pantera know him though.

But srsly, i wouldn't put Dimebag in my top 75 most talented guitarists list.
    inb4lists
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    weren't a metalhead in the 90's huh?
    I was 7 years old in 2000, so not really, i wasn't an actual "metalhead" till i was 14.
    inb4lists
    Oh nvm, wasn't directed at me.
    inb4lists

BS. you couldnt even name 75 guitarist without the help of google. Go ahead and lie that you could, but we all know that to be false.

I don't even like to rank guitarist, because sometimes there is so much more to guitar then being able to play really fast, clean technical stuff. Soul is a really hard thing to gauge.
    I was 7 years old in 2000, so not really, i wasn't an actual "metalhead" till i was 14.
    yeah... When I made that last response to your question "What makes them Gods", I knew very well that you were a baby in the 90's. That is what I started it out "If you were alive in the 90's".... Basically what I was saying is your comments don't come as a surprise to me because you werent there for that shit. If you were, and had the same tune, then I'd be more interested in having a discussion with you about it.

Catz though waz.... so that is why I said what I did to him. Catz was alive then, and most metalheads I knew in the 90's loved pantera. it was almost impossible not too if you went to one of their parties.

BS. you couldnt even name 75 guitarist without the help of google. Go ahead and lie that you could, but we all know that to be false.

I don't even like to rank guitarist, because sometimes there is so much more to guitar then being able to play really fast, clean technical stuff. Soul is a really hard thing to gauge.
    In all honesty, I am with him, but I would put the solo to Floods in the top 20 solos ever, up with the best of Floyd, Zeppelin, Dire Straits and such.

In all honesty, I am with him, but I would put the solo to Floods in the top 20 solos ever, up with the best of Floyd, Zeppelin, Dire Straits and such.
    did you notice that I didnt disagree with his statement?
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Just off the top of my head.

Tony Iommi
    Jimmy Page
    David Gilmour
    Carlos Santana
    Peter Townshend
    Robert Fripp
    Joe Perry
    Alex Lifeson
    Randy Rhoads
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Ritchie Blackmore
    Joe Satriani
    Michael Schenker
    Chuck Berry
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Dave Mustaine
    John Petrucci
    Uli Jon Roth
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Duane Allman
    Jeff Hanneman
    Alex Skolnick
    Glenn Tipton
    Paul Gilbert
    Eric Johnson
    Eric Clapton
    Buckethead
    Shawn Lane
    Scotty More
    Jeff Beck
    Steve Vai
    Jimi Hendrix
    inb4lists
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Those are some ugly chicks.
    40% of the way there... keep going. remember... they have to be better then dimebag too :-))