Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Republicans = Democrats !

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
I wanted to make a new thread about this because it really pisses me off. Democrats, like to run on an antiwar anti-patriot act stance but they are in fact just as big of liars as Republicans.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/23/MN7O1JJVHL.DTL

The Patriot Act extension was passed by the senate, and only 4 (FOUR) democrats voted no.

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    we live in a sad democracy. down with rep and dems!!!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    I wish. Unfortunately they have created a fairly flawless political structure. They have artificially created two distinct poles that differ only in minor moral issues that shouldnt even be any business of a governments. They then instilled this fear of being marginalized by "throwing your vote away" if you don't gravitate towards their two predefined poles. As a political structure goes, it is a sham. An elaborate lie, that we go through the motions with every now and again to give the illusion of choice.

Well... FUCK THEM. except I am for all practical purposes alone in this realization. so the most I can do is write meaningless threads like this, vote for my third parties, and sit back and watch the election results produce no choice yet again.

Lawl, pretty much.... its ad when gringrich, palin, and donald fuckin trump gets more airplay on the rep side than ron paul who actually is what a real conservative should be and not just a whacko.....like i said, sad
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    we live in a sad democracy. down with rep and dems!!!!!
    image 8-X
    I voted for Ron Paul last presidential election B-)
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    they're both the same shit..... at some point, the repubs will go back to their liberal agenda (and Dems to conservative)

.... and then back again.
    so did i
    SWEET! Bro-fist. Was he actually on your ballot or did you write in? Unfortunately for me, in WA state, write-in's are never counted so my vote was more symbolic then it usually is. My vote really didnt get counted last time.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    they're both the same shit..... at some point, the repubs will go back to their liberal agenda (and Dems to conservative)

.... and then back again.
    kinda like wwe. just when you think you have a people's champ, they go corporate.

so did i
    SWEET! Bro-fist. Was he actually on your ballot or did you write in? Unfortunately for me, in WA state, write-in's are never counted so my vote was more symbolic then it usually is. My vote really didnt get counted last time.
    actually i lied : / i voted for paul in the primaries but im pretty sure i voted for mccain in the election...... cuz i dont remember writing in anything and paul was prob not on the ballot... but this time around i would def write him in over the pathetic excuses of this times republican candidates..
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    if the 2012 election is Obama vs Palin, everyone needs to agree on a wrtie in...anyone's better than those 2
    Oh then super star for me :-D

In 2000/2004 I voted for the libertarian candidate because they covered about 90% of what I believed should happen politically in this country. And in 2008 I was really torn between having my vote counted towards another libertarian vote, verses having it not counted by writing in for Paul. But I just couldnt bring myself to vote for Bob Barr, and as much as I would like to make a symbolic sign of support for Libertarians, I couldnt do it this time.
    I knew McCain was a huge liar. He's shown that time and time again. Fuck him. I wasn't voting for him no matter what. If someone had held a gun to my head and forced me to vote for either McCain or Obama, I would have voted Obama.
    Here is someone I could get behind that is a Republican and would have sank this bill. Note - I hope he doesnt run in 2012, because I dont think even he would beat Obama... although he would have my vote.

http://www.thelibertyunderground.net/2011/05/rand-paul-opposes-patriot-act-extension.html
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    All politicians are the same.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    All in favor of putting Fonzie is the White House say aye.
  • Mastodon9Mastodon9 Posts: 17
    Don't forget for the longest time it was the Democrats beating the war drum. Obama promised transparency in government, yet when Wikileaks fulfills his broken promise look at his administration's attitude. There are quite a few Republicans saying things like "Obama has seen the light on foreign policy" quite a few of them are very happy with his stance on foreign policy.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Obama promised transparency in government, yet when Wikileaks fulfills his broken promise look at his administration's attitude..
    there is a Insane difference in being a candidate and the reality of being president. there is stuff every president has said they will change and simply cannot do.
    I think there is a lot of things they could work at changing but don't because it was a flat out lie. this is not in disagreement with your statement shane, but a complement to it.