Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mom Tries to Kill Kids, Self, Before 'Tribulation' Comes

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    To me..a God may exsist, but I don't believe it. There's no reason for me to believe it at this time. And when it comes to religion I sort of still think of it the same way I did when I was little, just a guideline book of "life" about what's right and wrong. Problem is, people have changed the fuck out of many religions to what they think is right and wrong, hence then extreme shit for gay people. The rest is up to the reader on what they think is trueky right abd wrong to themselves, such as everyone knows murder and stealing is wrong and you shouldn' do that. But others may sway out of a religion or bibles "box" and think that being a gay person is completely not a wrong thing. Hopefully I explained that example well.

As for Hell, Heaven, and things of the sort....no one can ever be sure either exsist. It's all in your head. Which leads me to this. You think up a world in your head and write it down, even draw it. This is where books, video games, movies come to exsist. So in a way, what you thought and wanted to exsist became just that. What if since so many people over thousands of years have made these places and things exsist without being able to prove it? You can't say that's not possible because it very well could be. We can go on and on about things like this, religious debate, whether God exsists or not, ect. I guess we'll all find out when we're supposed to
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

When was the last time there was a crusade or the last time we slaughtered pagans & Indians? I mean like people I have talked to, that was taken way out of context.
    Oh I agree that Pompous Christians are murdering far less people these days. One of the last mass murders that religions caused was probably the Holocaust of the Armenian Genocide. Yeah, in the last decade, the Pompous Christians have kept their murders down, and really only resulted in a few child murders like what this thread is about. Or maybe a few dozen child molestation cases. SO I guess you are right... Pompous Christians are murdering less people.

And how many people have been murdered because of the murders belief in atheism? I was trying to count up that number but lost count at zero.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    What if since so many people over thousands of years have made these places and things exsist without being able to prove it?
    Well, that's the first thing that comes to mind when you start thinking god isn't real. Whether god is a placebo or not. But that's not really evidence toward either side it's just an idea. I can't really just wait and find out because that's like taking a risk if hell is real. However, if the only thing pulling me towards religion is a fear of eternal damnation, then I don't want to follow that religion, because that can't be how it's supposed to be.

When was the last time there was a crusade or the last time we slaughtered pagans & Indians? I mean like people I have talked to, that was taken way out of context.
    Oh I agree that Pompous Christians are murdering far less people these days. One of the last mass murders that religions caused was probably the Holocaust of the Armenian Genocide. Yeah, in the last decade, the Pompous Christians have kept their murders down, and really only resulted in a few child murders like what this thread is about. Or maybe a few dozen child molestation cases. SO I guess you are right... Pompous Christians are murdering less people.

And how many people have been murdered because of the murders belief in atheism? I was trying to count up that number but lost count at zero.
    Why can't you separate pompous from murderous? You're going off like you're trying to prove something to me, as if I don't believe what you're saying. I simply meant close minded Christians who act so certain. If you want to have a religious argument, read my first post where I actually talked about debatable things.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Jorm returns and drops a paragraph of doom. o_O
    Pompous atheists are just as bad, if not worse than pompous Christians.
    Tolerance is nice
    Disagree. Pompous Christians kill people in Gods name. Pompous atheist do not.
    I mean currently.
    you're saying it currently isnt happening? Did you realize you are posting in a thread about a Pompous Christian mother who tried to kill herself and kids for God? Do you mean like right this second? Because I am not a mind reader and can't predict what Pompous Christian is going to freak out at this very moment. But if you give it a few days for the news to filter out then I can show you that news example.
    When was the last time there was a crusade or the last time we slaughtered pagans & Indians? .
    19th century broseph.... Injuns were being killed left and right. And before that was the whole witch hunt deal ("pagans")
    Tolerance is nice
    I mean currently.
    you're saying it currently isnt happening? Did you realize you are posting in a thread about a Pompous Christian mother who tried to kill herself and kids for God? Do you mean like right this second? Because I am not a mind reader and can't predict what Pompous Christian is going to freak out at this very moment. But if you give it a few days for the news to filter out then I can show you that news example.
    When was the last time there was a crusade or the last time we slaughtered pagans & Indians? .
    19th century broseph.... Injuns were being killed left and right. And before that was the whole witch hunt deal ("pagans")
    I know, the whole Manifest Destiny thing hasn't been used in a while though. I factored in Indians when I made that post.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    The only reason I am glad religion has existed is all the beautiful artwork it has produced.
    edited May 2011
    The only reason I am glad religion has existed is all the beautiful artwork it has produced.
    + the cathedrals.

if there's anything to show what a little ambition can do for humanity ..... its the Milan Cathedral or the Sagrada Familia

Why can't you separate pompous from murderous? You're going off like you're trying to prove something to me, as if I don't believe what you're saying. I simply meant close minded Christians who act so certain. If you want to have a religious argument, read my first post where I actually talked about debatable things.
    ok. sorry. I just felt like bashing on religion because in general it has been more hurtful towards the world them helpful.
    edited May 2011
    It is almost like you are implying that without religion to inspire, artists wouldnt have made art. And I doubt you meant that so I am just making this post to point out that without religion, there would have still been great art inspired by other things.

I honestly can't think of a single reason why religion has made this earth any better then it is. Religious people like to make it seem that without "God" people would be robbing, murdering, pillaging, rapping, and doing whatever the fuck they wanted. But since there is "God", people volunteer and help others. And really this idea is just flat out wrong.
    religious arguments are like the special fucking olympics.
    lol. did you see the sp where cartman pretended to be a retard and to win the special Olympics. but then like failed. :-))
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    It is almost like you are implying that without religion to inspire, artists wouldnt have made art. And I doubt you meant that so I am just making this post to point out that without religion, there would have still been great art inspired by other things.
    why do you do that?.... try to spin and twist her post into something you feel more comfortable with? Her post wasn't implying anything; it was what it was.

and she's 100% correct.... the arts have been greatly affected by "god" in our history. Even when we talk about the great landscape painting that are still painted to "show off the great work done by god". Even with the Dutch's golden age (my fav btw) there is still a direct tie to god in that they're paying tribute to a deity that has constructed a human body to such a perfection.

and yes there has been other inspirations for great artworks.... most of them were social though; and not anywhere near grandiose enough to produce the fucking epics the Italians were doing.
    then you have this whole pop art deal.... which can eat a bowl of cawk
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yup

and wake, u got sorta owned there...
    edited May 2011

why do you do that?....
    Perhaps you didnt read the part where I said "It is ALMOST like you are IMPLYING" and "I DOUBT you meant that".

Basically I didnt twist what she was saying, but I understood exactly what she was saying. I was not disagreeing with what she said but offering an alternative view to a made up alternative world.

She claimed that Religion inspired great art. No argument from me there. I did however offer the suggestion that if the idea of God had never existed, there would have been other great art inspired by other things. Basically I took what she said was a positive about religion and spun it so that it would still be a positive without religion.
    yup

and wake, u got sorta owned there...
    you can't get owned from one comment. Strat has nothing on my comment.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Legal action should be taken against the religious nutter that proclaimed/foresaw the end of the world on 21/5.
    People take action against metal bands for "inciting" people to commit suicide so why not do the same to the religo's
    Agreed. Howard Camping should be in jail for the rest of his short life for this. By inciting the fear in these people who are so devout that the world was ending, he now has the blood of these people on his hands.
    I think jail is a little ridiculous. Although society might be better off if we could just rope crazies like him up and drop them on their own christain island so they can stop being a bad influence on people. (The Concept of) God had a time and place here on Earth, but frankly we as a society no longer need some mombo jumbo concept of God to explain away the unknown.
    Yeah fuck jail.We should kill him.Oh but then that makes us no better than him? And it would make him a martyr.Yeah fuck it we can be judge, jury and executioner.The ironies of life huh?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Tolerance is nice
    so people who kill people for other reasons arent as bad?

either way they're killing people.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?