Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mom Tries to Kill Kids, Self, Before 'Tribulation' Comes

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    No major war has been started because of religion.
    umm The Crusades???
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    And look how long ago that was. Things are different in the 21st century.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    jussayin, that was a pretty big one lol
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Legal action should be taken against the religious nutter that proclaimed/foresaw the end of the world on 21/5.
    People take action against metal bands for "inciting" people to commit suicide so why not do the same to the religo's
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Dat hookah startin to effect Will
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Morbid_PunishmentMorbid_Punishment Posts: 448 salt miner
    Not bragging but this is the 5th "end of the world" I've survived.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    ^where've ya been mahn?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If there was no religion, there wouldn't be extremists. There would just be stupid people that believe whatever anyone tells them
    If there was no extremism, religion wouldn't bother anyone.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    If there was no religion, there wouldn't be extremists. There would just be stupid people that believe whatever anyone tells them
    You're right, let's all be Atheists and claim to be certain that there is no god.
    Trusting science to be able to explain everything one day takes faith too. Either that or just laziness. Religion is the most frustrating thing to think about because even though there are plenty of logical conclusions you can come to that seem to go against the existence of god. For example, what about all the pagans whose only idea of God was one whose people slaughtered them and took their land. How can they be blamed for not becoming Christians, but still be sent to Hell for not following God? Then again, if God is real absolutely everything could be explained by him. How can we possibly understand the way god thinks and acts? He could certainly justify all that messy shit, and we can't even be certain that all those pagans are in hell.
    So as much as I want to think there is no god and that the freak existence and perfection the way all these forces in the fucking universe work together and sustain a balance of life, it can be trying and will make you wonder. It's really frustrating. Seriously, why the fuck do forces even exist? We can't explain why gravity, electromagnetism, or either of the nuclear forces work. That's all the forces that exist. We can explain how they work, but still.
    Science is working on filling in all the stuff we have missing and explaining the bullshit, and it's incredible the amount we understand, but string theory hasn't been proven and there is just so much weird shit that exists. You can't blame people for being religious. Most Christians I know are legitimately happy people, and if they are happy because they believe in God, then what the fuck, let them be happy. Don't act like you are sure there is no god, or even that the Christian god isn't real. If a god were to exist, It'd probably be that one. I don't know, it's too fucking confusing.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Jorm returns and drops a paragraph of doom. o_O
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    edited May 2011
    Pompous atheists are just as bad, if not worse than pompous Christians.
    Tolerance is nice
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tolerance is nice
    Disagree. Pompous Christians kill people in Gods name. Pompous atheist do not.
    Tolerance is nice
    I mean currently.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Legal action should be taken against the religious nutter that proclaimed/foresaw the end of the world on 21/5.
    People take action against metal bands for "inciting" people to commit suicide so why not do the same to the religo's
    Agreed. Howard Camping should be in jail for the rest of his short life for this. By inciting the fear in these people who are so devout that the world was ending, he now has the blood of these people on his hands.
    Tolerance is nice
    I mean currently.
    you're saying it currently isnt happening? Did you realize you are posting in a thread about a Pompous Christian mother who tried to kill herself and kids for God? Do you mean like right this second? Because I am not a mind reader and can't predict what Pompous Christian is going to freak out at this very moment. But if you give it a few days for the news to filter out then I can show you that news example.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    He's now saying that it's actually going to end October 21st
    imageimage
    edited May 2011
    Agreed. Howard Camping should be in jail for the rest of his short life for this. By inciting the fear in these people who are so devout that the world was ending, he now has the blood of these people on his hands.
    I think jail is a little ridiculous. Although society might be better off if we could just rope crazies like him up and drop them on their own christain island so they can stop being a bad influence on people. (The Concept of) God had a time and place here on Earth, but frankly we as a society no longer need some mombo jumbo concept of God to explain away the unknown.
    Tolerance is nice
    I mean currently.
    you're saying it currently isnt happening? Did you realize you are posting in a thread about a Pompous Christian mother who tried to kill herself and kids for God? Do you mean like right this second? Because I am not a mind reader and can't predict what Pompous Christian is going to freak out at this very moment. But if you give it a few days for the news to filter out then I can show you that news example.
    When was the last time there was a crusade or the last time we slaughtered pagans & Indians? I mean like people I have talked to, that was taken way out of context.