Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

For anyone attending Bristow Mayhem

1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
Jiffy Lube Live has a new policy..no Tailgating. That means no cooking out, hanging out in the parking lot, or drinking (which was already a policy nobody follows). It's already a shitty venue. I guess they figure they might as well take as much fun away from concertgoers as possible. The next thing you know, they will have a policy against crowd surfing and moshing.

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    thats some grade a pterodactyl shit
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Apparently, nobody can enter the parking lot until an hour before the doors open.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    they will have a policy against crowd surfing and moshing.
    My venue has signs around that say moshing/crowd surfing will result in venue ejection... but it's not enforced.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My venue has signs around that say moshing/crowd surfing will result in venue ejection... but it's not enforced.
    I remember some venue tried to do that with Pantera back in the 90's. they even went as far as putting out folding chairs in the mosh pit. Yeah... the chairs were quickly turned into weapons.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Never saw any signs like that when I went to Mansfield in 09
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They did last year.
    Madison Square Garden has a crowd surfing ban but they still let you mosh.

You get to surf one time, but if you do it again they kick you out.

Different arena, I know, but figured Id say it lol
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep

That is fucking Madison Square Garden though, they can pull shit like that.

That is fucking Madison Square Garden though, they can pull shit like that.
    Exactly. Honestly, it made the show better, because there was still moshing and the normal ebb and flow of the crowd on the floor, but it was nice to be able to watch without having to pass someone over or get kicked in the head.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    thats fucking gay. Thats how the FMWBA is in Tinley too. That's why I like Alpine so much better. In the 11 years in a row I always went to Alpine instead of the FMWBA, either tho the FMWBA was 5 minutes from my house and Alpine Valley is two hours away.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Nissan (I still call it that) already does have a no crowd surfing or moshing policy but they don't care for metal concerts
    Apparently, nobody can enter the parking lot until an hour before the doors open.
    Yeah I hate that. If you follow the rules you can't get a good spot in line. That's why people just ge dropped off or ignore security
    Nissan (I still call it that) already does have a no crowd surfing or moshing policy but they don't care for metal concerts
    Then what's the point to have the policy? lmao what other show would any of that be going on?

I guess it is for insurance purposes. If you get hurt moshing or crowd surfing you cant sue the venue because the have the policy.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I might go to both this year. We have tickets to VA beach but we might get lawn tickets and just go for the side stage bands in Bristow since its on a Saturday.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Then what's the point to have the policy? lmao what other show would any of that be going on?

I guess it is for insurance purposes. If you get hurt moshing or crowd surfing you cant sue the venue because the have the policy.
    That's probably why. I couldn't think of any other reason besides that
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    thats fucking gay. Thats how the FMWBA is in Tinley too. That's why I like Alpine so much better. In the 11 years in a row I always went to Alpine instead of the FMWBA, either tho the FMWBA was 5 minutes from my house and Alpine Valley is two hours away.
    Yeah, they had cops all over the parking lot directing everyone in. Stupid if you ask me.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    this friday im gonna do my first real tailgaiting. i usually just drink myself stupid but this time were goin real early grillin shit maybe play some bp and make it like an all day type thing. im more excited about tailgaiting than the actual concert lol
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Jiffy Lube Live must not think side stage bands are important. This weekend is their big country music fest and people have asked them the situaton regarding the parking lot only opening an hour before the show starts. They're worried they will miss some of the show. The venue apparently told them they aren't concerned that people will miss the side stage bands and that all they are concerned with is the mainstage. Oh, and this show is sold out. 25,000 people are expected to attend. People would be stuck in traffic for hours just trying to reach the parking lot. I hope they don't have this same mentality, come Mayhem Fest. I'll be damned if I miss any of the show I paid to see. I enjoy the side stage bands more than I do mainstage.
    For mayhem, unless it sells out, you'd be okay. I was fine last year. If you really want to get there early, I'd say just drive in, when they tell you you have to leave until a certain time, say ok but drive and park next to all the other cars that ignored security as well
    Is there anywhere in town near the venue that you could park at?

For Hartford there is very limited parking. I haven't parked at the venue once. We've parked across the street at some office building for free once, and another time we parked about a half mile away from the venue at a gas station that has an open field next to it for about 10 bucks