Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

You wouldnt believe who I met today.

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
A thread for posting interesting bump in's with famous people!

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I would post a nood, but I know you're at work wake :p
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So it was actually last weekend. My son was playing baseball and I was talking to one of the opposing teams dad. Just small talk, nothing really all that memorable.

Well the next morning we had the opening day "parade of teams" which is usually done before any games but it wasnt because of weather delays. Anyways.... they call down the dad I had a conversation with to sing the national anthem and throw out the first pitch....

Lou Gramm!! I was like :O
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    im 12 and wat is this
    you no like thread?
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    I met Mark Henry (wrestler/worlds strongest man) a few weeks ago in the training room here at UT.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    you no like thread?
    just messin...
    I met Mark Henry (wrestler/worlds strongest man) a few weeks ago in the training room here at UT.
    Any more to the story then that? seems like an interesting person to meet. he is ginormous.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    not really I mean he was just walking around the room and I turned around and look up to a huge black man. Shook his hand and I thought my hand bones were gonna be crushed haha.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I met Richard Philips... the retarded Merchant Marine captain who got kidnapped by pirates during the spring of last year. I call him retarded because my uncle now is the captain of the same ship, which was attacked by pirates again, and my uncle managed to not get taken hostage.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I met Kevin Connolly who plays "E" on Entourage

My girlfriend also met John Travolta at Disney 2 summers ago

I hate Travolta.... I'd probably tell him he is a really shitty actor if I saw in in real life.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375

I hate Travolta.... I'd probably tell him he is a really shitty actor if I saw in in real life.
    I like Travolta. This was also like 3 months or so after their trial happened in Mexico about their son's death. It was a vacation to try to get their lives back to normal again
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    Not that I met these people today, but..........

Non metal people that I have "run in to" over the years

Bo Jackson
    Ozzie Guillen
    Gary Shandling
    John Candy
    Carlton Fisk
    Frank Thomas
    Christy Canyon
    Janine Lindemulder
    Post edited by Chicken_Fucker on

Bo Jackson
    ha! that is awesome. any story with this? I've got a related meet up.
    edited May 2011
    In 6th grade we had to tape paper over our desks so we didnt vandalize them (good idea). Anyways, we were given time to decorate them however we wanted. I made mine a shrine to The Boz! Brian Bosworth that is (I'm sure you remember this guy CF.).

Anyways... fast forward a couple months and Eugene Robinson comes into my class to give a speech about the merits of staying in school. Well he notices my shrine to The Boz, and walks over, and asks if he could have the privilege of signing it. I was naturally ecstatic because I was a huge Seahawk fan, not just a Boz fan. I wish I had hung onto that paper.... I somehow lost it through the years =\

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The only person "famous" I've met that wasn't at a show or an event to meet them or something, was Brandon, the Vocalist from Veil Of Maya, at a local Summer festival. He was just standing around chilling, I talked to him for about 15-20 minutes, really cool dude.
    The only person "famous" I've met that wasn't at a show or an event to meet them or something, was Brandon, the Vocalist from Veil Of Maya, at a local Summer festival. He was just standing around chilling, I talked to him for about 15-20 minutes, really cool dude.
    \m/
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i live in northern ontario, famous people dont come 'round these parts
    i live in northern ontario, famous people dont come 'round these parts
    do you speak french too?
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I had George Bush Sr sit next to meet in a Navy class i was in, and i wasn't allowed to look at him. He was also at my graduation for that Navy school, passing out diplomas. i shook his hand. I also met ted Kennedy at my local college, he was making a speech and shook hands on the way in. He smelled like a bar