Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Of course the father placed a Bible on his chest after brutally beating his son to death.

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
Christian Choate, Boy Found Buried In Concrete Died While Locked In A Cage, Sister Says

Christian Choate's father Riley and his stepmother Kimberly Kubina were charged Tuesday with murder, battery, criminal confinement, and neglect of a dependent in the young boy's death. Kubina allegedly helped Riley Choate bury his son's body, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

On May 4, authorities investigating a mobile home park in Gary, Indiana made a harrowing discovery. Buried under a thin layer of concrete was the body of a 13-year-old boy, believed to be Christian Choate.

Choate apparently died in April of 2009, but according to his sister, threats from his abusive father Riley kept the boy's death a secret for more than two years.

Only when Riley left their home three weeks ago did Christian's sister feel safe enough to approach authorities about her brother's death. And the account she gives is nothing short of chilling.

According to Christina Choate, young Christian was kept locked in a dog cage for the last year of his life, CBS-2 reports. He was let out of the cage only to eat and use the bathroom, and to endure brutal beatings from his father, who apparently used the cage to

The Northwest Indiana Times, which has been covering the story since it broke, writes that one day Christina found her brother unresponsive in his cage. She placed a finger under his nose and found he wasn't breathing.

After she made the harrowing discovery, she scrambled to find the key to the Master Lock that kept her brother trapped. She pulled him out of the cage and put her ear to his chest desperately trying to find a heartbeat.
"I couldn't hear anything," she said.

Then, she asked for help from her stepsister, who in turn called adults for help.

As they waited for adults to come home, Christina Choate frantically tried to revive her brother. She pumped his chest and used an electric air pump to try to get him air.

"I kept thinking, 'Oh my God, my brother is dead,'" she said.

When Riley came home -- as he would later tell police -- he dug a two-foot grave for his son, and buried him in lime, dirt and concrete, placing a Bible on his chest.

After Christian's death, Christina says Riley moved her to Kentucky, where she wasn't allowed to go to school or talk on the phone, until three weeks ago when he moved back to Indiana without her.

According to a Chicago Tribune story on the investigation, it was the boy's biological mother who called police ten days ago inquiring about Christian. She had long been separated from Riley, but presumably after hearing from Christina, she began to worry about his fate.

Investigators were led quickly to Riley, who admitted to burying the boy and willingly led them to his makeshift grave. "If I had to do it over, I'd have just called (police)," Choate told authorities, according to the Tribune. "But I was freaking out."

He did not, however, admit to having anything to do with causing the boy's death.

An autopsy showed that Christian suffered blunt force trauma to his body, internal bleeding and a skull fracture, according to a separate Times story.

Riley Choate is currently being held on charges of removing a body from a death scene, a felony, and misdemeanor failure to notify authorities of a dead body, CBS writes.

More charges, however, are expected later Tuesday.

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2011
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    That is so fucking sad... What a shitty life...
    I know this is off topic but, how do i get my sig to work again...?
    inb4lists
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    its times like this I wish people had to pay a harder price for their crimes. I hope this dude gets whats coming to him everyday in prison.
    its times like this I wish people had to pay a harder price for their crimes. I hope this dude gets whats coming to him everyday in prison.
    3 hots and a cot, yeah, it's horrible.
    inb4lists
    I think he needs to be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his life. He's obviously nucking futs.
    3 hots and a cot, yeah, it's horrible.
    Have you ever met anyone who's been to prison for a few years?
    I think he needs to be locked up in a mental institution for the rest of his life. He's obviously nucking futs.
    I disagree, he obviously knew what he did was wrong or he wouldnt have hid it for some many years and threaten his other kids and keep them secluded from the rest of the world so they wouldnt tell, he even went all the way to burying the kid under cement. I agree that he may have alot of issues, but I dont think he's insane and should be sent to prison, too bad theres not a worse place then prions, cause this guy should be sent there.
    I disagree, he obviously knew what he did was wrong or he wouldnt have hid it for some many years and threaten his other kids and keep them secluded from the rest of the world so they wouldnt tell, he even went all the way to burying the kid under cement. I agree that he may have alot of issues, but I dont think he's insane and should be sent to prison, too bad theres not a worse place then prions, cause this guy should be sent there.
    I can see how you could think that, I really do. I just think that if people truly right in the head, they wouldn't even think of doing things like this, y'know?
    I can see how you could think that, I really do. I just think that if people truly right in the head, they wouldn't even think of doing things like this, y'know?
    I said I dont believe he was right in the head, but I do believe he knew right from wrong. therefore hes not insane and shouldnt be in a hospital, he should be in a prison.
    There really isn't a right or wrong when you're not all there.

And I'm one to think that most people in prison would benefit more from being in a hospital to truly be rehabilitated. I've known someone who went to prison for a few years. Nigga was crazy as fuck, and has never amounted to anything in his life. He isn't allowed to work due to his mental illnesses. I feel sorry for the poor guy.
    This guy showed he had something there by hiding the truth, he knew what he did.

If someone is truly insane, I agree, they should be in a hospital. I donnot think that in this case.
    I would say he would of rationalized his hiding of the atrocities he committed as his son as something like "Well what I'm doing is right, it's just other people wouldn't understand." He knew that what he was doing wasn't legally right, but you could definitely question his morals.

You can make yourself believe anything, and when you're not all there you rationalize your actions in any way possible.
    well good thing youre not on the jury... :-|

If you dont think this guy should go to prison, maybe you should be the one checking yourself into a mental institution.
    Again, I don't think a lot of people deserve to go to prison. I just can't believe that people do these things if they're NOT mentally insane. I don't think prison helps at all, it just makes things worse. Some of these people who do things like this simply do have have the physical brain capacity to understand exactly what they're doing. They need to be institutionalized, no question, but they don't need their mental illnesses to get even worse by being placed somewhere like prison.
    again...........

His actions showed he was mentally there by what he did after the killing. This guy should rot in prison for the rest of his life. WHo gives a fuck about him, this isnt about him, this is about his son who was tortured his entire life until he died. The guy understood what he was doing, maybe not eveything has to be a fucking mental illness, maybe there are truly evil people in the world. I think it is proven that there are. Should guys like Bin Laden and Hitler be in mental institutions? What they did was really fuvked up, HELL NO. There are evil people in the world, this guy knew what he was doing and brutally murdered his son, then hid it. I hope he rots.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    you could argue that what Saddam did to the Kurdish people showed how mentally insane he really was..... but that only really applies using a sane(law abiding citizen) as a relative comparison.

Criminals are a breed within themselves.... doesn't matter at which point in their life they may have switched to THAT road; or how horrifically. With enough over-analysis, even the most petty criminals could have a solid argument of being "mentally insane"

and IMO.....it comes down to "not doing the crime, if you cant do the time"
    I actually think Hitler, Saddam and Bin Laden should of been put in mental institutions, lol. I think we need to learn more about how they think, how they rationalize things, how their brain is structured, etc. I think we could learn a lot more and then prevent these things even from happening in the first place.

I think you guys forget that I think what these people do is definitely wrong, but I honestly can't see how you can do these things without truly realizing what you are doing.
    I actually think Hitler, Saddam and Bin Laden should of been put in mental institutions, lol. I think we need to learn more about how they think, how they rationalize things, how their brain is structured, etc. I think we could learn a lot more and then prevent these things even from happening in the first place.

I think you guys forget that I think what these people do is definitely wrong, but I honestly can't see how you can do these things without truly realizing what you are doing.
    I kind of agree with your first part.. I mean I think we know why saddam and bin laden did what they did, they somehow believe killing us is their gods work.... hitler on the other hand, yeah, maybe he was just crazy, he got the easy way out... We could learn alot from those guys, but I also am not against killing them, I mean we searched for Bin Laden for 10 years, I think they did the right thinkg instead of maybe giving him the chance to get away, who knows, noonw does, what really happened ovfer there.... but I agreee we could learn from those guys. But I also think there needs to be some justice and the horrible acts these men did calls for swift justice. I really cant say I would wqant these men to sit in a hospital, I honestly would rather them dead then that. too much risk of escape, ect...

I disagree with your 2nd part 100%. I personally think that there are just straight up evil people in the world who dont give a fuck about what they do or who they hurt. I think alot of the crimes we see are just people not giving a fuck and doing whatever they want reguardless of who they hurt. Its not a mental illness too me, I belive sometimes thats the case, but a very small percentage. This case not being part of thet percentage.