Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Most likely no Ozzfest this year NSFW

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    this is the first year i didn't have pit pre sale. i dunno if i'm even going this year... and if i do it will only be lawn since the line up is so weak
    Ditto.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    image 8-X
    i'd go
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Betty White would be kvlt as fvck.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    as I can remember
    @-)
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited May 2011
    She'd do better at organizing it than Sharon
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    edited May 2011

you kidding? their music is so boring and repetitive...there were far better side stage bands..
    b-(
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    A few signs from Ozzfest.com are indicating that the legendary festival may not happen in 2011. The Ozzfest.com band page is now blank. It did state 'Ozzfest 2011 Bands Coming Soon'. In the forums of Ozzfest.com there was a post that was assigned to the top of the Ozzfest section of the forums which asked fans to choose bands they wished to see on Ozzfest 2011. The post has been deleted.

It appears there will not be an Ozzfest this year. With a sluggish economy and several other hard rock/metal events and tours (Mayhem Fest, Uproar, Lollapalooza, Big 4, Motley Crue/Poison, Summer Slaughter, etc) flooding the market, perhaps Ozzfest needs a year off to regroup, rebuild and make the festival the metal event of the year.

I really think that Ozzfest would be better served it if were a 2 day destination festival. Have it in a central location, like Indianapolis or St. Louis. Chicago already has Lollapalooze so they definitely do not need another major music fest IMO.

Could you imagine a 2 day festival with all of the great (and by great I mean legendary bands mixed in with newer bands who sell tickets/albums better than most) bands of hard rock/metal?

Day 1:
    Main Stage:
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Godsmack
    Motorhead
    Mastodon

Second Stage:
    Black Label Society
    All That Remains
    Exodus
    Dimmu Borgir
    Goatwhore
    Airbourne

Day 2:
    Main Stage:
    System Of A Down
    Judas Priest
    Deftones
    Anthrax

Second Stage:
    5 Finger Death Punch
    Down
    Overkill
    Cradle of Filth
    Skeletonwitch
    The Sword

Okay, that was put together really quickly, but you have a mix of newer bands and veteran bands that would draw different fans from different genres of metal and sell tickets. Just a thought. What do you think?

From VDOB
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I would see that for sure.
    Another WolverineKills pipe dream......
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I would not be spending the money on that show if it was a destination show.

Only bands worth seeing to me on that are

Ozzy
    Exodus
    Dimmu Borgir
    Goatwhore
    anthrax
    Overkill
    Skeletonwitch

Not a fan of any of the others. I don't care how classic Priest and Motorhead are. I just don't care for their music and the rest I just do not like at all. That would be a terrible event.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I think xenos little heart just broke
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I think xenos little heart just broke
    from wat post?
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    A few signs from Ozzfest.com are indicating that the legendary festival may not happen in 2011. The Ozzfest.com band page is now blank. It did state 'Ozzfest 2011 Bands Coming Soon'. In the forums of Ozzfest.com there was a post that was assigned to the top of the Ozzfest section of the forums which asked fans to choose bands they wished to see on Ozzfest 2011. The post has been deleted.

It appears there will not be an Ozzfest this year. With a sluggish economy and several other hard rock/metal events and tours (Mayhem Fest, Uproar, Lollapalooza, Big 4, Motley Crue/Poison, Summer Slaughter, etc) flooding the market, perhaps Ozzfest needs a year off to regroup, rebuild and make the festival the metal event of the year.

I really think that Ozzfest would be better served it if were a 2 day destination festival. Have it in a central location, like Indianapolis or St. Louis. Chicago already has Lollapalooze so they definitely do not need another major music fest IMO.

Could you imagine a 2 day festival with all of the great (and by great I mean legendary bands mixed in with newer bands who sell tickets/albums better than most) bands of hard rock/metal?

Day 1:
    Main Stage:
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Godsmack
    and that's where you lost me....

• sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    "Could you imagine a 2 day festival with all of the great (and by great I mean legendary bands"

then the 2nd one I see is Godsmack <_>
    "Could you imagine a 2 day festival with all of the great (and by great I mean legendary bands"

then the 2nd one I see is Godsmack <_>
    "(and by great I mean legendary bands mixed in with newer bands who sell tickets/albums better than most)"
    Godsmack is a newer band that sells tickets..... <_>
    they have Godsmack listed as the co-headliner right after sayinf legendary. they aint new, they been around for 15-20 years and shit... I like alot of the list, but they should switch out godsack with priest or something...