Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Metal internet radio station for sale

2»

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    dudez... they want 2 grand for that site. not worth it.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    mine is called The Sludge Pudge Hour
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    2 grand? FUCK THAT.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    how hard would it be to make our own? just curious
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    edited May 2011
    I've run internet radio stations before, so on the technical side it is quite easy. However...

The hard parts are:
    1) Being legal - licensing
    2) Paying for it - bandwidth costs
    3) Getting consistent listeners (leading to profit / covering the costs)
    4) Having constant uptime on broadcasts - a person settings schedules, everyone following them and not flaking like bitches
    5) Having interesting content - interviews, call-ins, competitions, news

Ask Britt about the last two, I'm sure she will agree. I don't know how professional radio stations do it, but on an informal internet radio, it has to be SOMEONE's job.

Thats why $2,000 is not only reasonable, it is actually an extremely good deal. He has solved all the problems.
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    interesting, thanks for the info
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I've run internet radio stations before, so on the technical side it is quite easy. However...

The hard parts are:
    1) Being legal - licensing
    2) Paying for it - bandwidth costs
    3) Getting consistent listeners (leading to profit / covering the costs)
    4) Having constant uptime on broadcasts - a person settings schedules, everyone following them and not flaking like bitches
    5) Having interesting content - interviews, call-ins, competitions, news

Ask Britt about the last two, I'm sure she will agree. I don't know how professional radio stations do it, but on an informal internet radio, it has to be SOMEONE's job.

Thats why $2,000 is not only reasonable, it is actually an extremely good deal. He has solved all the problems.
    Yes, the last two are very hard. We elect on person to set the schedules, one to train the DJs and oversee everything and deal with violations, such as not showing up without trying to get someone to cover you or breaking the rules. As for interesting content, yes, that is tough if you produce the same show every week, while you'll have a hardcore small following that enjoy that, attracting and keeping new listeners is not easy.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ive changed my hour from being called the sludge pudge hour...its now called the Stoner Boner Hour \:D/
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Stoner Boner Hour
    You have no idea how much I wish I could use this as my show title.
    I love winning with women