Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Jordison claims Slipknot will continue with or without Corey

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    im pretty sure Corey and Jim brought the whole Stone/knot thing together... the rest just went along with it.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    How is Clown influential? He does mainly the videos. I find Root and Jordison to be the most influential. Would have been Gray but well....
    He is very influential. Until the point that he gets tired of arguing.

It took Slipknot 3/4 of their AHIG Tour before they finally played Snuff live, although Corey wanted it to be in the setlist from the beginning. Clown was very against playing the ballads live. Where as Corey said "If we write the songs, why can we not play the songs live?" (Which makes sense)

I read in a metalhammer issue that Clown was very against it, but Corey wanted to do Snuff and Vermillion Pt 2 live for quite a while, but Clown was resisting.

About 2 weeks after the issue was released they played Snuff for the first time. I guess Clown didn't like that it was made public or something.

By the way, Clown also does a lot of drum writing with Joey.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    way i see it...

Clown and Joey prob most influenced Vol 3.
    Corey and Jim did AHiG
    and the rest the first two...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    way i see it...

Clown and Joey prob most influenced Vol 3.
    Corey and Jim did AHiG
    and the rest the first two...
    Corey did a lot on Vol 3 as well, but you're pretty close.

S/T was very collaborative with the exception of Jim and Corey.

Iowa was written in entirety by Joey and Paul.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    He may do a lot of drum writing with Corey but I don't find him to be a major factor in the song writing
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Santana how are Joey and Paul the most influental? From what ive read in interviews those 2 probably have the heaviest influences musically. So i assume they wouldve preffered Slipknot to be on the heavier side, which is the opposite of what theyve done.
    Santana how are Joey and Paul the most influental? From what ive read in interviews those 2 probably have the heaviest influences musically. So i assume they wouldve preffered Slipknot to be on the heavier side, which is the opposite of what theyve done.
    I've read that Paul wrote a lot of the songs and Joey, while I have no proof, his get-go attitude right now makes me believe he gets on writing drum parts quick. Corey definitely had a great influence on the last two albums and Jim, as the main lead (I think) and as a guitarist, I'm sure writes many parts. As for the past 2 albums, I feel Corey has had a bigger influence on part writing for Root. I haven't heard or seen anything that makes me think Clown has much or any influence over writing. I feel Mick, Jim, Paul, Corey, and Joey have had the biggest influence on the albums
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I don't care about either. Both could go away and I'd be satisfied.
    imageimage
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    I see both sides of the argument, and that it seems hard to continue without paul considering how close they all were, but i think joey needs to be realistic and realize they wont survive without corey taylor. Because fact of the matter is, the singer is usually the most recognizable part of a band, the most unique and individual instrument. they could fire mick taylor and jim root, get two other guitarists and i doubt many would notice.
    thats not to say bands cant change singers, but when youre already so distinguished in the music world, its hard to make a change like that. only exceptions id say are like ac/dc, stuff like that...
    I see both sides of the argument, and that it seems hard to continue without paul considering how close they all were, but i think joey needs to be realistic and realize they wont survive without corey taylor. Because fact of the matter is, the singer is usually the most recognizable part of a band, the most unique and individual instrument. they could fire mick taylor and jim root, get two other guitarists and i doubt many would notice.
    thats not to say bands cant change singers, but when youre already so distinguished in the music world, its hard to make a change like that. only exceptions id say are like ac/dc, stuff like that...
    Switching out guitarists changes (usually) the sound of an album drastically. More so than a singer. Exodus changed vocalists and while they are different, they still have a similar sound to TOTD. Changing a guitarist might not affect sound live, Zakk Wylde is an exception, but they most certainly change the sound of the album
    Now Slipknot, they could change guitarists and their live sound most likely wouldn't change but I bet the albums would sound different (unless Corey took complete control over the sound which is possible). Having said that, I feel with a change of singers, Slipknot would be very different live and on album
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    i see what u mean, but im just saying that its easier to replicate a sound on guitar than a voice. theyre known for coreys voice, not their guitar playing, you know what i mean?
    but i do agree that the sound would change either way
    i see what u mean, but im just saying that its easier to replicate a sound on guitar than a voice. theyre known for coreys voice, not their guitar playing, you know what i mean?
    Yeah I know what you mean. Vocals are generally a defining thing for music. It's the first thing you hear when you listen to a song

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Vocals are generally a defining thing for music. It's the first thing you hear when you listen to a song
    #-O
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    this thread isnt worth 37 comments blah shitnot wish theyd die [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Vocals are generally a defining thing for music. It's the first thing you hear when you listen to a song
    #-O
    First thing most hear in a song
    #-O
    rally now.... where iz ure scientific evidence on the first thing people hearz??? :-?

[-(

blue turbins

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    #-O
    Statement still isn't accurate....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Bands that thrived after replacing Vocalists:

Iron Maiden
    Black Sabbath
    Van Halen
    Ac/Dc
    Pink Floyd
    ahh fukk it

[-(

blue turbins

#-O
    Statement still isn't accurate....
    Well I meant first thing most hear in a song. I'm multi-tasking ~_>