Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

From Tim

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yea, I don't want that stupid shit, and with us being like a group of friends now that all know eachother, we don't need a constant flood of noobs.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    It's not like those "noobs" stayed long. They came in, said some funny/stupid shit, and left.

I don't come on the internet to lock myself in a forum with the same exact people every time.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    "Don't you miss the random xx49SLIPKNOTFAN83xx posters who would just say the stupidest shit for you to laugh and shake your head at? I miss that. New and stupid users are extremely fun if you don't take the net too seriously."

That reminds me of the good ol'e days at the official forums. 8->
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I like you guys, but eventually you run out of stuff to say. It's new people that make it fun.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Wine is giving the perfect example of why I am signed up to about 20 different forums.
  • CannibalCannibal Posts: 38
    To eriks comment about this site becoming like metalsetlists and whoever replied saying they will get the MS dudes here or some shit...

Money is made on websites from ads. unless its a paid site(ie you pay for membership/features) ads is the ONLY way the owners/runners of the site make money(unless its like sponsored which would still have to put ad
    on the site from the sponsor)

Also, MS has small ads that are there probably from the forum provider so they make little to nothing from the site(unless I went to the wrong site)

now a site like metalsucks, they make money. probably a good amount too. They also have a ton of ads. all relevant ads so its not really noticeable.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know that the people from MetalSetlists make nothing even close to substantial from the site.

People from MetalSucks make a living via blogging. You can't even live in a cardboard box from what you'd make from a site like MetalSetlists.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Exactly Erik. Our site was ad free, so no money there. For normal vanilla users, they must pay a fee for certain features, such as being ad free and certain plug ins like quotes and whos online. But oh wait we got that all for free.

So once again how is Tim making money off of our site?
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    High school drama bullshit. Have something great and since God knows Americans can't let anything great be around for long, you all made such a stupid shitstorm out of something that really affected none. So, so, childish and immature.
    LOL Funny coming from someone who absolutely lost it earlier, Dayna. STFU.
    Lol I lose it on a daily basis, riiight. Looks like someone's still REAL asshurt. :)
    How about you both STFU. You're the cancer that killed MetalUprising.
    Lol you're a PMSing broad right now Dayna.
    Nobody should take anyone seriously on the internet. Like for fuck sakes the majority of the people on this site are a fucking joke. You all have the same fuckin' elitist ideas, you're all fucking ignorant, and you're all so easy to piss off, and you all think you have some god given right to everyone serving you. You guys took the internet WAY to far. I still think the rule of changing channels applies here, for those of you with small brain capacities I'll explain: If you don't or didn't like it here, and think having a few, god forbid, rules is a bad thing then seriously just gtfo. You all take this shit waaaaaaaay to damn seriously and it's annoying because now I suffer for the culminating stupidity of the people here by seeing this wretched gray theme
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    O hai, looks like we have this Erik back.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Erik answer my question. What does Tim have to gain from taking control of our forum? We have already proved its not money. So what is it?
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    "Nobody should take anyone seriously on the internet. Like for fuck sakes the majority of the people on this site are a fucking joke. You all have the same fuckin' elitist ideas, you're all fucking ignorant, and you're all so easy to piss off, and you all think you have some god given right to everyone serving you. You guys took the internet WAY to far. I still think the rule of changing channels applies here, for those of you with small brain capacities I'll explain: If you don't or didn't like it here, and think having a few, god forbid, rules is a bad thing then seriously just gtfo. You all take this shit waaaaaaaay to damn seriously and it's annoying because now I suffer for the culminating stupidity of the people here by seeing this wretched gray theme"

well said, sir
    Lol no Tommy. I'm just not gonna deal with this bitch hanging on my nuts and staying so asshurt all day.
    "Erik answer my question. What does Tim have to gain from taking control of our forum? We have already proved its not money. So what is it?"

If there's truly no way for him to make profit, then I don't know, but either way, it was becoming Tim's playground, and everything he said, went into effect.
    He's Canadian man, we're too laid back to have authoritarian agendas