Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

10 qz

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yah i pretty much agree with arlo, except deathcore blows lol
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    First off, I'm not a classic rock guru at all. I would say nola is more then me so I'm surprised to hear him say he agrees with everything you say. I don't suck and bands dick because they are considered legends, most people know this about me by now that I don't stick to any specific type of music based on a certain genre, I like all different kinds of music and bands. So you're wrong in saying that.

Roger waters is a songwriting genious. I can't see the video you posted cause -'n on my phone and I don't get videos on my phohone, but if you can't appreciate PF for at least their music ability, you just flat out have bad taste. Wa-'m not a huge fan of waters style of singing either, btw gilmour is the lead vocalist, but it doesn't change the fact that @6 was doing what bands try to do today 60 years ago. If you call them boring, you never ggave them a good listen. They are legends because of their musci, not because others say so.

An I'm not vene gonna waste my time talking about the unoriginality of deathcore. For you to put that crap in a sentence with pink floyd and try to compare theem shows you know nothing about good music... *jayface*
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Well this is derptasic
    imageimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Well this is derptasic
    Would you expect anything less?
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Not from here XD
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You can bash me all you want for listening to deathcore but at least they keep the listener entertained.
    hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahano
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    First off, I'm not a classic rock guru at all. I would say nola is more then me so I'm surprised to hear him say he agrees with everything you say. I don't suck and bands dick because they are considered legends, most people know this about me by now that I don't stick to any specific type of music based on a certain genre, I like all different kinds of music and bands. So you're wrong in saying that.

Roger waters is a songwriting genious. I can't see the video you posted cause -'n on my phone and I don't get videos on my phohone, but if you can't appreciate PF for at least their music ability, you just flat out have bad taste. Wa-'m not a huge fan of waters style of singing either, btw gilmour is the lead vocalist, but it doesn't change the fact that @6 was doing what bands try to do today 60 years ago. If you call them boring, you never ggave them a good listen. They are legends because of their musci, not because others say so.

An I'm not vene gonna waste my time talking about the unoriginality of deathcore. For you to put that crap in a sentence with pink floyd and try to compare theem shows you know nothing about good music... *jayface*
    I never said that deathcore is "good" music, I just happen to like it.

I did say that it's still better the shitty elevator music of Pink Floyd. You say that you don't have a bias but it couldn't be more obvious that you do. You have no room to talk about other people's tastes because you have so often proved yours to be absolutely dreadful.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

7. Which forumer are you most comparable with musically? maybe wake, minus the whole pink folyd fanboiness
    \m/ YES! I almost said you too, but Hoods floyd fanboiness pushed him over the top.
    look georges fav band is pink floyd hes gonna defend them to the death. i would defend tom waits to the death as well. he just has to realize that some people might not get the same feeling for a band that he gets, the band might have special meaning to him. if someone doesnt love tom waits i dont take it personal cuz you cant really force someone to like something, they have to like feel it naturally. and some bands click and some dont. thats all
    Waters isn't what I'd even consider a "good" vocalist and it really shows here, so monotone in his presentation combined with some of the most simple guitar work I've heard.....
    You know, Waters has said pretty much the same thing. He hates himself vocally. I personally like his vocals and always just ruled it off as "not liking the sound of your own voice". Anyways, I have read many reviews where is was overly critical of his voice.

like Hoods said, the great thing about Floyd is the lyrics. They are like a onion. There are layers to that presentation that you will still be pulling off for years. Some new sound, or some new word accent that you didnt pick up the first 100 times you listened to it. That is why I like floyd.... repeat listening.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375

I never said that deathcore is "good" music, I just happen to like it.

I did say that it's still better the shitty elevator music of Pink Floyd. You say that you don't have a bias but it couldn't be more obvious that you do. You have no room to talk about other people's tastes because you have so often proved yours to be absolutely dreadful.
    Sorry, but the Wall and Dark Side of the Moon and Animals are NOT elevator music lmfao.
    see im a big lyrics guy and floyd deosnt grab me lyrically at all, ive always assumed floyd fans love them more for there large eccentric sound than anything
    Pink Floyd is not dreadful musi and anything else I listen to I have no problem writing an essay on why I like them. I really don't see where I have "often proved my bad tastes"? I listen to all types of music and don't bash shit I never heard ever. Arlo this is just simply retarded. Pink floyd musically is one of the the best thing I have ever heard. Why don't you give them a chance and stop bashing. You don't have to, but why throw in your 2cents when you don't have anything to talk about. All you basically said was they are boring and "meh". That's not an explanation. Please just stop, this is really dumb arlo everything you said is almost full retard speech about me and pink floyd. Its obvious you haven't really listened to them....
    Waters isn't what I'd even consider a "good" vocalist and it really shows here, so monotone in his presentation combined with some of the most simple guitar work I've heard.....
    You know, Waters has said pretty much the same thing. He hates himself vocally. I personally like his vocals and always just ruled it off as "not liking the sound of your own voice". Anyways, I have read many reviews where is was overly critical of his voice.

like Hoods said, the great thing about Floyd is the lyrics. They are like a onion. There are layers to that presentation that you will still be pulling off for years. Some new sound, or some new word accent that you didnt pick up the first 100 times you listened to it. That is why I like floyd.... repeat listening.
    The lyrics on the wall, but more specifically Dark Side of the Moon are just so out there that when you really listen to them intently, you just get lost in them. They really are incredible writers.

And yeah I agree with liking Waters vocals. They aren't great, but they're unique, and they definitely fit very well for the more "intense" moment on an album like The Wall.

Sorry, but the Wall and Dark Side of the Moon and Animals are NOT elevator music lmfao.
    I wish it was. I'd probably pull up a bean bag, roll a few joints, and chill the fuck out in that elevator.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    You might as well try to tell me that Led Zeppelin is death metal.

Pink Floyd is boring as hell, simple as that.
    they have alot of great songs that i love but they can def be boring at times. i find myself hitting skip with like 5 min left in a song thinking "god theyre just going on forever". some metal bands do the same thing
    look georges fav band is pink floyd hes gonna defend them to the death. i would defend tom waits to the death as well. he just has to realize that some people might not get the same feeling for a band that he gets, the band might have special meaning to him. if someone doesnt love tom waits i dont take it personal cuz you cant really force someone to like something, they have to like feel it naturally. and some bands click and some dont. thats all
    I hear what ytoure saying and I admit I'm guilty of this. I just want to spread the word and share the music I love, I'm n sorry if I offended yooz, just love trhis band to every core of my being and - wish others got the same out of it. I think yoou understand this too nola. That's why we don't have issues about it, we both give eachother shit to listen to and have a mutual respect for others music whether we like it or not.
    but then again i can listen to a 12 min bob dylan song that seems like it never ends so i think it just comes down to personal taste
    they have alot of great songs that i love but they can def be boring at times. i find myself hitting skip with like 5 min left in a song thinking "god theyre just going on forever". some metal bands do the same thing
    See this I can agree with, because I've been there with Pink Floyd. There are definitely times where they can start to drag on and get a bit boring. But to go as far as calling them elevator music is what I disagree with completely.