Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Most hated favorite sports team [Tourney] ROUND 1

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The patriots "cheating" is just smart football as far as I am concerned. If another team is so stupid to make their play calling simple and easy to decode, screw them. I dont see how that is really cheating.... should be apart of the game.
    they video taped other teams practices which is against NFL rules therefore its cheating. even if you dont like the rule, its still a rule they broke.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

no, i'm not confused. Although I probably have a loose definition of the word cheating. I basically think a team is cheating if the ref's take money under the table and call a game for that team... very much like what happened in Super Bowl XL. The Steelers should not have won that game, they did not play as well as their opponent. However the refs were crooked and gave them the game. This is not the only example... The Steelers in my opinion, win more games through favorable calls then any team of any sport. Fuck them.

Not only that, the Steelers play dirty. very dirty.

refs make mistakes all the time, they're not perfect. and i dont remember a call that gave the steelers the game in super bowl XL. the only thing i thought was odd was at the very end of the game where the steelers got a sack fumble on whats his face and it wasnt reviewed but after the instant replay it was pretty clear to me that it was a fumble.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The patriots "cheating" is just smart football as far as I am concerned. If another team is so stupid to make their play calling simple and easy to decode, screw them. I dont see how that is really cheating.... should be apart of the game.
    they video taped other teams practices which is against NFL rules therefore its cheating. even if you dont like the rule, its still a rule they broke.
    I'm not arguing that the Patriots didnt break nfl rules... I'm just saying that as a NFL fan, I don't really give a fuck that they broke that rule. And I am not a fan of the patriots either. Just in the grand scale of shit, it's not that big of a deal what they did. People made a much bigger deal of it then I think was necessary.

The Steelers though... win games by having refs throw the game their way. How is that more honest then the Patriots filming practices? I personally think it is MUCH MUCH worse. It compromises the entire game. If the refs are going to be crooked and the game is going to be called like a WWF (WWE) match, then might as well just stop watching it. I like watching competition, not rigged games.

fuck the steelers.

no, i'm not confused. Although I probably have a loose definition of the word cheating. I basically think a team is cheating if the ref's take money under the table and call a game for that team... very much like what happened in Super Bowl XL. The Steelers should not have won that game, they did not play as well as their opponent. However the refs were crooked and gave them the game. This is not the only example... The Steelers in my opinion, win more games through favorable calls then any team of any sport. Fuck them.

Not only that, the Steelers play dirty. very dirty.

refs make mistakes all the time, they're not perfect. and i dont remember a call that gave the steelers the game in super bowl XL. the only thing i thought was odd was at the very end of the game where the steelers got a sack fumble on whats his face and it wasnt reviewed but after the instant replay it was pretty clear to me that it was a fumble.
    Yes. that was a huge play and the reason why the NFL implemented instant replay. But that whole game was fucked and very poorly called. here is a Cut and paste from wikipedia

Reaction to officiating

The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with harsh criticism from some of the media soon after the game, with some columnists saying that the officiating cost the Seahawks the game. One call that was complained about was an offensive pass interference on wide receiver Darrell Jackson for a push-off against Steelers safety Chris Hope that nullified his 16-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.[11] Another complaint had to do with a penalty in the fourth quarter against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for briefly holding Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans around the neck that nullified a deep pass.[12][13]

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[14] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL." Online polls are not based on probability sampling and thought to not be representative of populations. [15][16] Also, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[17] The NFL did not fine Holmgren.

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement.[18]

High profile referee Ed Hochuli said "the league felt, actually, that the Super Bowl was well officiated. Now, that doesn't mean there were no mistakes. There are always mistakes, but it was a well-officiated game." [19]

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:[19]
    “ It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[20]
    edited April 2011
    I'm not arguing that the Patriots didnt break nfl rules... I'm just saying that as a NFL fan, I don't really give a fuck that they broke that rule. And I am not a fan of the patriots either. Just in the grand scale of shit, it's not that big of a deal what they did. People made a much bigger deal of it then I think was necessary.

The Steelers though... win games by having refs throw the game their way. How is that more honest then the Patriots filming practices? I personally think it is MUCH MUCH worse. It compromises the entire game. If the refs are going to be crooked and the game is going to be called like a WWF (WWE) match, then might as well just stop watching it. I like watching competition, not rigged games.

fuck the steelers.
    you can't honestly believe that? if the steelers were gonna pay off the refs don't you think they woulda done it last super bowl? bad calls get made against every team, it happens.
    edited April 2011

additionally... my last post was just one game. Every fucking year the Steelers have games like that. The Refs have more "accidentally bad calls" in the Steelers favor then any other team.
    LOL whoops, my bad, i thought we were talkin about super bowl 43 for some stupid reason
    edited April 2011

you can't honestly believe that? if the steelers were gonna pay off the refs don't you think they woulda done it last super bowl? bad calls get made against every team, it happens.
    I don't know if I believe the Steelers organization is actually paying off refs. I do believe that the Superbowl XL refs were payed off by someone, but not of necessary to the knowledge of the organization. The only thing I know is that the Steelers have more controversial calls in their favor then any other NFL team I watch. This is all my opinion obviously. I watch football games, and if the seahawks arent playing in the game then I usually just like watching good clean games. And it seems more often then not that the Steelers are benefiting from some blown calls.
    LOL whoops, my bad, i thought we were talkin about super bowl 43 for some stupid reason
    nah... 40. The game the Steelers stole from the Seahawks (yeah I'm biased, I know).

I thought last years game and that game was called fairly cleanly. I dont have much to gripe about either of those two games.
    its cool, everyones entitled to their opinion. IMO super bowl XL was a pretty bad game lol. it was kinda boring for someone who was not a fan of either team to watch lol. i just hear it all the time when fans of the losing team come up with all sorts of excuses "blame the refs", "game was fixed", "refs cost us the game" etc. i didnt make any excuses when the steelers lost in the super bowl last year. i said the packers out played them and deserved to win. but as a result, i now hate the packers lol. but i still think the steelers are the better team, the packers were just better that day IMO.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2011
    its cool, everyones entitled to their opinion. IMO super bowl XL was a pretty bad game lol. it was kinda boring for someone who was not a fan of either team to watch lol. i just hear it all the time when fans of the losing team come up with all sorts of excuses "blame the refs", "game was fixed", "refs cost us the game" etc. i didnt make any excuses when the steelers lost in the super bowl last year. i said the packers out played them and deserved to win. but as a result, i now hate the packers lol. but i still think the steelers are the better team, the packers were just better that day IMO.
    yeah... I hear what you are saying here and I agree. I spent a lot of time reflecting back on if XL was really that bad or if I was just a butthurt fan. Anyways I decided that I am justified in my comments because 1. I've had Steeler fans admit to me that the Seahawks were fucked out of a superbowl by the refs. and 2. There is a whole wikipedia entry and the horrible play calling for that game. Go to every wikipedia Superbowl page and see how many have controversy sections. I havent checked them all, but XL is one of the very few that have that. They changed rules because of that game....
    edited April 2011
    to be honest i dont remember a whole lot about that game. i mostly remember the key plays for the steelers. when it comes to penalties and reviewed plays im usually unbiased. when the steelers are losing though, a lot of times i just blame them unless there was clearly a bad call that went in favor of the other team. otherwise i just get pissed at pitts offense or defense for giving up a turnover, TD, etc. but i most certainly dont blame you for hatin' the steelers lol. i hate every team that beats pitt in big games whether they deserved to win or not lol. i still hate the patriots for beating pitt in the 01 AFC championship game and beating them again in the AFC championship game of ben's rookie year (03 or 04 i think).
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Let me also add that to get to that superbowl where the refs blew calls in the first round the steelers made a dirty hit on Carson palmer that I will never forgive they would have never been able to beat the bengals that game had that not happened. Fuck you steelers.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Let me also add that to get to that superbowl where the refs blew calls in the first round the steelers made a dirty hit on Carson palmer that I will never forgive they would have never been able to beat the bengals that game had that not happened. Fuck you steelers.
    they are the kings of dirty hits.

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    seahawks 4
    dolphins 5
    bump for votes
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Seahawks 4
    Dolphins 6
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Dolphins wins

Philadelphia Flyers
    Colorado Avalanche
    flyers 1
    avalanche