Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Horror Movie Tournament: 2nd ROUND, FIRST TO 5 VOTES WINS

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Titanic 3
    Clockwork 6
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Titanic 4
    Clockwork 7
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've seen Clockwork many times, but never really understood the appeal. I don't get it. So what is so great about the movie Strat? Is it the rape seen that makes the movie for you? (this was a serious comment, im not being an asshole).

Titanic 5
    Clockwork 7
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    titanic making a comeback? i can't call this one just yet
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Never saw The Shining either. :-S
    Personally I don't think you are missing much with either. I think you should watch the movies for historical perspective, but neither are all that spectacular.

They are better then sitting through "2001 a space odyssey" (that is almost painful to watch), but you watch it for the history of movies.
    titanic making a comeback? i can't call this one just yet
    fuck yeah... Titanic is a fantastic movie. great plot, great visuals, touching, action, great acting, epic music... Really Titanic is one movie that I think very much deserves all the awards they won.
    eh, i didnt like it. and i didnt see clockwork so i pass on voting this round.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Titanic 5
    Clockwork 8
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    I've seen Clockwork many times, but never really understood the appeal. I don't get it. So what is so great about the movie Strat? Is it the rape seen that makes the movie for you? (this was a serious comment, im not being an asshole).
    I know the comment was Directed at at Strat. But the reason the movie is so good to me, is that just how bizzar it is and the story is done really well. Also it is one of the few movies that actually stays true to the book besides the ending. I just think Kubricks work is near flawless, I like the directing style. I just like everything about it.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    hmmm.... thanks. I havent read the book but I agree with your comment "is that just how bizarre it is". I can understand someone appreciating the movie for that and I agree from that standpoint it is interesting and they did that flawlessly. My problem is, it doesnt really leave me wanting to come back and rewatch as so many people do with this cult film.

If others have different reasons for liking it... post it up. I'm interested.
    edited April 2011
    i completely understand the replay factor for movies. i saw Cellular a long time ago, i liked it, it was entertaining. but there was just something about it that i didnt care about watching it again. and the times i did rewatch it i just kept finding more and more things wrong with it. for one (if you haven't seen the movie), this woman gets kidnapped and shes brought to this house and is kept in the attic but theres a phone in the attic so one of the bad guys comes in and shatters the phone with a sledge hammer. when the guy leaves the woman starts clicking wires together to see if she can make a call and it actually works. and she managed to make a local call lol. those odds of her actually making a local call are pretty damn high.
    you mean low. the odds are really low like no way in hell that is going to happen.

But yeah, replay value is a big part of what makes a movie your favorite. I wasnt saying ACO doesnt have that, I am just saying that me personally didnt think it was all that great for repeat viewing. yet I've seen it probably 3 times so go figure :-))
    yeah, i meant low :-))
    you mean low. the odds are really low like no way in hell that is going to happen.

But yeah, replay value is a big part of what makes a movie your favorite. I wasnt saying ACO doesnt have that, I am just saying that me personally didnt think it was all that great for repeat viewing. yet I've seen it probably 3 times so go figure :-))
    And thats fine lol idc if your opinion is different. No offence. You like what you like and if you arnt a big fan of ACO then thats cool by me.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Never saw clockwork either

:-S

Titanic 6
    Clockwork 8

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Titanic 7
    Clockwork 8
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Titanic 7
    Clockwork 9

never saw Titanic

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    this ones been going on forever, im gonna call it in 10 min.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Titanic 9
    Clockwork 9
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!