Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

POP Music

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jfV1DzcuQ
    pop music.....^ you nailed it, my friend....one of the worst songs in rock/metal/pop, etc....
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jfV1DzcuQ
    pop music.....^ you nailed it, my friend....one of the worst songs in rock/metal/pop, etc....
    No. #-O
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    E.T's lyrics sound like a five year old wrote it.

I KNOW A BAR DOWN IN MARRRRSSS
    WHERE THEY DRIVE SPACESHIPS INSTEAD OF CARRRSSS
    That's the shitty Kanye part. Listen to the version without him.
    i think the kanye rap is pretty corny. but kat's verses and chorus are cool and her vocie sounds great and original.
    My boy George knows what the fuck is up
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Kanye made the song from being another pop song. Because the original is ok, but doesn't get to a point. I doubt the song would be number one without him. You people are crazy

His verse is sumper lame, the lyrics are corny and it seems like he just threw that shit together without even thinking about it.... the song was already bumpin hard on the radio before the Kanye version even came out. The song would have been a hit either way, but i can agree that others prolly gave it a listen that wouldnt because of Kanye's rap, but I personally think he prolly wrote that in 3 mins without any thought behind it.

I got a dirty mind
    I got filthy ways
    I’m tryna Bath my Ape in your Milky Way
    I’m a legend, I’m irreverent
    I be reverand
    I be so fa-a-ar up, we don’t give a f-f-f-f-ck
    Welcome to the danger zone
    Step into the fantasy
    You are not invited to the otherside of sanity
    They calling me an alien
    A big headed astronaut
    Maybe it’s because your boy Yeezy get ass a lot

- I'm a KW fan, and this is by far not his best work [-(
    The song isn't meant to be taken seriously. We aren't listening to Pink Floyd here. His verse was fun and did what it was suppose to do. The second verse obviously not better than the first, but still good. The song would have made paper, but not as much as it's making now.

I know it's a fun song, that's what pop is. I agree having Kanye in the song prolly turned alot of people into listeners who wouldn't have listened, but the song was a hit before they did the remix. Katy is what makes the song a good song, not Kanye, IMO all he adds is more listeners who are fans of him. I personally like the original better but I can see why others like the remix.
    The song isn't meant to be taken seriously. We aren't listening to Pink Floyd here. His verse was fun and did what it was suppose to do. The second verse obviously not better than the first, but still good. The song would have made paper, but not as much as it's making now.
    The song itself isn't "fun" though, it's more atmospheric. When you have a song that's like a soundscape and then generic YEEUH BOY I GET BITCHES SPACE SPACE SPACE lyrics, it kills it.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    The song wasn't anywhere near a hit before Kanye. The song didn't even make the Hot 100 till they released the remix and it became number one 7 weeks later.

The song itself isn't "fun" though, it's more atmospheric. When you have a song that's like a soundscape and then generic YEEUH BOY I GET BITCHES SPACE SPACE SPACE lyrics, it kills it.
    I don't think I should even reply to something this stupid.

The song wasn't anywhere near a hit before Kanye. The song didn't even make the Hot 100 till they released the remix and it became number one 7 weeks later.
    No one cares about popularity, we're talking about the music here.
    edited April 2011
    I don't think I should even reply to something this stupid.
    How is it stupid? The song is in no way serious, but it certainly isn't a fun song like California Gurls. The song itself is awesome and simple and has everything it needs to be a good song. Suck Kanye's dick all you want, his rap is unnecessary and uninspired.
    This isn't stupid fucking metal. We are talking about Pop. The popularity means a lot more in this aspect. Plus, George mentioned popularity not me.

in my area the song was bumpin hard on the radio before the rmix, maybe thats why i dont like the remix cause i have the other version stuck in my head. I think its a really good song and very catchy and unique, then they just add a rap, not even that good of a rap, before i heard it people were like "kanye kills it" then i heard it and was like WTF? i thought he killed it? his lyrics are pretty corny and I am a fan of his. like i said, they prolly wanted to broaden the listneing audience, thats why they added the rap and West threw it together in 2 seconds. I like both versions, just the original better, it could have done without the rap.