Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

First 10 heavy bands that pop into your mind that suck, in your opinion...

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    that wasnt the best live clip ever but that song is still prob one of the ten best metal songs ever
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2011

Uhh yeah cause this band puts on a "great" live show right? Look at this clip for example, sloppy play all around. The drummer's timing is off, the guitarists can't play a decent riff to save their life, and a vocalist way past his prime who can't sing worth a damn. Looks like you're right when you say that people can have such a hard on for a band that they are oblivious to them sucking. Good concerts come around all the time, you just happen to have close minded tastes in sucky bands that should have stopped playing the first time they broke up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxk2iWxdmhw
    youtube is blocked for me right now. I will look later and post some clips of what you are missing.

I will say that I've been to probably at least 10x more concerts then you have in your lifetime (This isnt an insult, I am much older so it is understandable), and you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. I've seen most bands in the metal scene at least once due to opening acts and mega festivals and shit like that. When you actually go to a good concert, you will leave that show thinking "JESUS! that was so fucking EPIC. I want to follow this tour around the country." - that thought... does not happen often. I was being liberal when I said it happens a couple of times a year. Really it probably happens only a couple times a decade. Most shows I will leave thinking "that was sweet. glad I went" or "man that was gay, why the fuck did I go to that show?"... but rarely you will see a show like At The Gates....

That summer there was two huge tours I was looking forward too. At The Gates and Carcass. I was honestly more excited to see carcass. But I'll tell you, after both shows ATG ended up being one of those perfect storm concerts. If you werent there, you will never have any idea just how fucking good it was. Carcass tour? It was good. Great show. Glad I went. It was not nearly on the same level though... Even-though Carcass is probably a better band then ATG.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Granted I was anticipating the response being nastier than that based off the one beforehand but whatever. I really suck at trolling and I'm pretty sure Strat called me out on it too but I'm gonna post this anyway just cause I tried.

{Upload|6416}

Oh and for the record, At The Gates is awesome and that clip was actually pretty damn impressive. I do get what you're saying by the way. Ugh how does Ed do this so well.
    Granted I was anticipating the response being nastier than that based off the one beforehand but whatever. I really suck at trolling and I'm pretty sure Strat called me out on it too but I'm gonna post this anyway just cause I tried.

{Upload|6416}

Oh and for the record, At The Gates is awesome and that clip was actually pretty damn impressive. I do get what you're saying by the way. Ugh how does Ed do this so well.
    dangit! I am such a sucker for a troll. you really picked the right thread because of shane's little rants. lol. you got me, good one.

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

{Upload|6416}

{Upload|6419}
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ed doesn't do it well. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    but he's dedicated to it
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    This is true. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    I like 36 Crazyfists. They're not for everybody, they are a more punk/melodic hardcore band, but I digg them. I like the singers voice when he actrually sings clean vocals. Theyve been around for a while, I also enjoy their live performance.
    me too....his scream is really hoarse, I think from doing it wrong for too long.....The Tide and its Takers is their best album, IMO....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    but he's dedicated to it
    I'm the best back in the day.
    I'm retired now.

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Ed. <_>
    Seriously, I was the best back in the day.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    edited March 2011
    Wake may I ask if you have every listened to te hidden hands of a sadist nation cd by darkest hour? Also I would not put them in the metalcore category but that is just me

Also I like at the gates \m/
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Wake may I ask if you have every listened to te hidden hands of a sadist nation cd by darkest hour? Also I would not put them in the metalcore category but that is just me

Also I like at the gates \m/
    I think I might own that album. lol. pretty sure I own two... that and Undoing Ruin if I am not mistaken.

Have you ever seen them in concert?

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2011
    ...oh yeah,

BLS
    Manson
    Whitechapel
    MonsterMagnet
    Accacia Stain
    WTF man? Pictures, Images and Photos
    Point to the band(s) on this list that you like, and I will tell why you are a faggot for liking them....
    BLS and Manson...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I can give you the explanation for BLS, they have used the same guitar solo in every single song they have.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Alright, I'm not the biggest BLS fan (not anymore at least.) But I like Whitechapel and I LOVE Manson and The Acacia Strain. Monster Magnet is sweet too.
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Have I ever seen at the gates or darkest hour?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!