Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Quote of the day...(Libya releated)

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation” - Senator Obama

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    yep...if Bush did the attack on Libya the press would be all over it. Obama is a Dick-tator
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just love calling politicians on their fucking bullshit. I am not saying working with an international coalition to help free the Libyan people is wrong, however it is a clear violation of the Constitution and a clear example of Obama being a Hypocrite (Like most politicians).
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    OBAMA

WE DID IT

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    IMO, U.S. involvement in Libya just underminds the rebels who are fighting to change THEIR sovereign nation on THEIR terms. They don't need Big Daddy Empire to get involved. I really wish we would stay out of the affairs of foreign countries. Your hear a lot about taxpayers bitching about their tax dollars helping poor people? well this is me bitching about my tax dollars being used to meddle in the affairs of other nations. This is not much different than what W. Bush pulled in Iraq.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ....Oh yeah, the world just LOVES Democracy at the end of a gun barrel....
    IMO, U.S. involvement in Libya just underminds the rebels who are fighting to change THEIR sovereign nation on THEIR terms. They don't need Big Daddy Empire to get involved. I really wish we would stay out of the affairs of foreign countries. Your hear a lot about taxpayers bitching about their tax dollars helping poor people? well this is me bitching about my tax dollars being used to meddle in the affairs of other nations. This is not much different than what W. Bush pulled in Iraq.
    true.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    true.
    imageimage
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    In my opinion, this is 35 years too late. Regan should have killed Khadafi when he had the chance.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    But if the president did nothing, then everyone would be complaining about that, imo.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    But if the president did nothing, then everyone would be complaining about that, imo.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    what about the unarmed citizens that are being killed by the Libyan government. the rebels cant protect the citizens especially not when ghadafi duck is using air strikes
    edited March 2011

what about the unarmed citizens that are being killed by the Libyan government. the rebels cant protect the citizens especially not when ghadafi duck is using air strikes
    See that bullet on the far left? That's what they're using on civilians.

{Upload|5889}
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Just the other day I was flipping through channels and I stopped on FOX when they were talking about how Obama isn't doing anything and he is afraid to as far as Libya goes (basically calling him a pussy). Later that day 100+ missiles were launched and stealth bombers were sent in. Now FOX is keeping their mouths shut.

Here is something else to think about. The French were the ones leading the charge and were the first ones to bomb Libya, however, they were the ones that told us there is no reason to be in Iraq. Why all of a sudden would they want to go after Libya if there is nothing there, I think there is something more going on in Libya than what we are being told. Plus France and England are talking about sending foot troops in.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    US Constitution: The Government may not campaign agianst an unpopular product or taxsize said product in attempt of prohibition of siad product.

:-? Tobbaco

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    I just love calling politicians on their fucking bullshit. I am not saying working with an international coalition to help free the Libyan people is wrong, however it is a clear violation of the Constitution and a clear example of Obama being a Hypocrite (Like most politicians).
    dont you mean all politicians lol

edited March 2011
    Although it is unfortunate that is happening, the founding fathers never intended for us to be the police of the world. I don't think Travis_Buckle was saying that it isnt an injustice, but really just saying it isnt our place to be involved.

Really this is exactly the same as our invasion of IRAQ. Did you know that Saddam would routinely grid off cities, launch biological weapons into heavily populated areas, and then chart their effects? Not because they were protesting, but because he needed to chart the effects of the biological weapons on people. How fucked is that? Pretty is the answer. What Bush did was against the constitution. He invaded Iraq without a declaration of war from congress. And really we had no business meddling in other peoples affairs.

So what do I think we should do? IDK.... how about open our borders up and offer safe passage for anyone that can make it. that is the American way.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Although it is unfortunate that is happening, the founding fathers never intended for us to be the police of the world. I don't think Travis_Buckle was saying that it isnt an injustice, but really just saying it isnt our place to be involved.

Really this is exactly the same as our invasion of IRAQ. Did you know that Saddam would routinely grid off cities, launch biological weapons into heavily populated areas, and then chart their effects? Not because they were protesting, but because he needed to chart the effects of the biological weapons on people. How fucked is that? Pretty is the answer. What Bush did was against the constitution. He invaded Iraq without a declaration of war from congress. And really we had no business meddling in other peoples affairs.

So what do I think we should do? IDK.... how about open our borders up and offer safe passage for anyone that can make it. that is the American way.
    You know the last time the United States legally declared war was on June 5, 1942

Whether we like it or not, we ARE the police of the world. We're the most powerful nation, and with that comes more responsibility.