Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Slipknot announce new bass player for upcoming tour

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    First up, after talking about how close he feels to the members of Stone Sour, and how he will never quit that band, he speaks of his disassosiation from Slipknot:

"With Slipknot — I mean, I'm very proud of what I did with Slipknot, and obviously, I'm close with those guys, but it's completely different [than Stone Sour]. It was a band that joined later and I, honestly, in a lot of ways, never really felt connected to it — for whatever reason; it might have been me, it might have been them. I cast no aspersions on anyone. But that's just the dynamic. Stone Sour's always had a really special spot in my heart, because it's the first real band that I started, and I put so much work into it, and I'm still with these guys that I've known 20 years. I mean, it's always gonna be right there."

Afterwards, the interviewer asks if the passing of Paul Gray will have any affect of future output from both Slipknot and Stone Sour, to which Corey responds:

"If it happens, if it happens… There'll definitely be new Stone Sour music, but with Slipknot, there's such a huge piece missing now — a piece that the fans can't even understand. And, honestly, it drives me nuts trying to explain it to them. I mean, Paul always was that unconscious, almost lynchpin that held everything together. And he had such a great mind for the music that we created that without him, I don't see it happening very soon, let's put it that way. If we do, it's gonna be way down the line, and it's gonna be when everyone's ready. Because there are other things in the band that are affecting things right now." After the interviewer points out that "Everyone must still be tender" following Paul's death, Corey goes on to say, "It's not even about that. It's individual issues, let's put it that way, and that's all I'll say about it. Obviously, we're doing these shows in the summer at Sonisphere and that's pretty much gonna be us dipping a toe in the water to see what happens. To me, it's baby steps. I think everybody's racing ahead without realizing that we kind of have to pick ourselves up first. Everyone needs to be realistic about it and it seems like I'm the only one who's being realistic. And it's a heavy responsibility to be the guy who is kind of coming off as the doomsayer, but at the end of the day, that's respect. I'm not just racing right ahead and going, 'Oh, yeah, we're gonna go…' I lost my brother last year, and people need to understand that and respect it before I start getting all 'hip, hip hooray' about everything."

From Metal Injection
    imageimage
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I don't see why they can't do a small US tour after reading that interview. :-?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    if they want to make a shit ton of money they will disband, wait like 4 years and do a MASSIVE like 40ish date reunion tour saying that it will be the last one ever. tix will sell for over a 100 for pit and they will make serious bank.
    Because Corey refuses? Dude has Stone Sour anyway <_>
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    There's rumors going around that this is false and that it's actually going to be Portnoy.
    This wasn't funny at all.
    LOL
    Because Corey refuses? Dude has Stone Sour anyway <_>
    Where did it say Corey refuses? They're already doing shows in Europe. :-?
    Yeah, and he said that's just putting a foot or toes in some water, nothing more is guarenteed
    imageimage
    He also said he is taking baby steps with it. That does mean he refuses, that just means he wants to take things slow.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They'll always be around.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Corey doesn't want to do Slipknot anymore after the shows...I don't really care what slipknot does anymore...I seen em enough and am fine with them quitting
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I knew before twitter, so twitter can go fuck itself.
    Marc NOLA?

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Corey has Stone Sour commitments, so of course he's going to beat around the bush with the Slipknot questions. I'm sure he's not thought much about it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Just give me one more show in the New York area and I will be more than happy
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    This is sounding pretty good.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I hope he doesn't quit Slipknot. I'd really like to see them
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I hope he doesn't quit Slipknot. I'd really like to see them
    I don't think anybody could replace Corey as the singer of Slipknot.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It wouldn't surprise me if Corey doesn't want to do Slipknot anymore after the shows...I don't really care what slipknot does anymore...I seen em enough and am fine with them quitting
    Couldn't have said it better.

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    There's rumors going around that this is false and that it's actually going to be Portnoy.
    This wasn't funny at all.
    I failed to entertain Brian. Oh what ever shall I do?
    I love winning with women
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Really out of respect for Paul Gray, the band should just disband.

Note - I really don't give a fuck about Paul Gray, I just really hate slipknot.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    They'll prob pull a SOAD/Rammstein and do a US tour that consists of nothing but California, New York and canada
    Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. But of course they would do an Iowa date too.
    Iowa \m/