Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I found out earlier...

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
that my dad has prostate cancer. His father, my grandfather died from the same cancer when he was in his mid 60's. my dad is 64. I have a very strained relationship with my dad, I've talked about it before how much more of a father my stepdad has been then him, but obviously I don't want anything to happen to him. It makes me want to confront my issues with him and deal with it cause you never know how long someone has to live. Supposedly it's in the early stages and theyre gonna do some surgery and/or chemo. I'll know more in a few weeks. Shit is scary...

Comments

• RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I'm sorry George. D:
    imageimage
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I think he'll be fine, if they caught it early. I'm sorry that happened, dude. That sucks.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Sorry to hear that George =/
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks yallz. I found out at like 10am, havent said abything yet, I'm not sure what to think. I've been feeling weird about it cause like I said I have alot of negative feelings toward my dad that have built up over the years over his inability to recognize my stepmother's behavior and him hiding the fact that something is wrong there. He also is a very selfish/manipulative person who tries anything and everyting to get his way and get over on people. I never knew this shit until I got older, then I realized how much he uses everyone and hides his true self. I guess you can call it being 2 faced, he puts on a front for everyone else, but acts differently around his family. I just don't know how to feel. I guess I'm just scared, I don't want nuffin to happen to him. I need to talk to him and squash any problems we've had cause I don't want to live with guilt. This was just a shock.

but I appreciate you guys for listening to me, I'm torn right now. >:D<
    The fact you're worried about him despite the crap he's done says a lot about your character. Well, I think everyone would agree you're the most well-liked person on this forum, haha. But I'm sure he'll be fine, George. :)
    thanks Ellie, means alot >:D<
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I'm sorry George. D:
    imageimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Sorry to hear that, cancer blows dick =/
    imageimage
    Well, I think everyone would agree you're the most well-liked person on this forum, haha.
    {Upload|4305}
    yeah, I think i'm gonna go talk to him this weekend, ive tried talking to him in the past about some harbored feelings, but he's always kind blew me off. he lives an hr away and I anly see him occasionally so thats why it never really comes up cuz when i do go up there, i just chill with my brothers. but, i've been thinking hard about this all day, i need to bring things up to him and make him listen even if he doesnt want to. all i want to do isget these feelings off my chest to try and move forward happily. i dont want a huge blowout fight, and i'm gonna tell him that. hopefully he just listens to me, explains some shit and apologizes, that's all i think i need to hear. i just want to peace things up.
    I think that would be good for you. :3 And if he happens to blow you off, then whatever. At least you made an effort, and showed you cared.
    I'm just gonna ask him to go out or something, that way we can just talk alone without any other family memebers getting involved. He's not an asshole who will yell in your face or anything, he just always kinda dodged the questions and hurried me off the phone when I tried to talk about issues before. I'm sure he'll listen. I think he needs to hear this shit too. We both do, it will do nothing but good for our family in the long run.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    :-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Catz, you do care >:D<

... yeah, I just want him to be ok and beat this shit. Fuck resentments, I want to resolve any conflict asap and hopefully he can realize some mistakes and make a change and we can move forward in a positive direction.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    y00z make catz a sad catz :-((

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

btw, thank yallz... I didn't really have anyone to talk to about this situation atm cause it was like 2am and noones awake, I kept it to myself all day, but it was stuck in my head. thanks for listening to me and supporting me...

... you are all my peoples, I love yooz >:D<
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'm really sorry man. I would confront him if I were you because, hoping he pulls through, you may have a great relationship with him after all is done
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    remember dads grow up too. My dad and i didnt get along the first 21 years of my life. now we talk all the time.