Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Former Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr dead at 44

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    How dare you
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Ape, we all know how you feel. Save it for another time and thread.

I, for one, am in shock over this for some reason. Maybe because I am a huge fan, maybe because his music has and always will be important to me, or maybe it's the close proximity in age. I'm not sure. Mikey had problems, no doubt about it. Mikey also had to carry the burden of being the last one to see Layne before he od'd hours later. That had to be some heavy shit to carry around. I hope he finally gets some peace.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    When I first heard this I thought "holy shit! When did Layne die... wasnt it like almost 10 years ago to the day?" I then looked it up and he was a year and a few months off from that. But would have been crazy if that had happened.

RIP Mike Starr
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's to bad RIP.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    One of my all time favorite bands R.I.P Mike
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    edited March 2011
    RIP

:-(

Why is it that the bassists die?
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Just read an article in the SLC Tribune that says Travis Meeks of Days of the New fame is the person who actually discovered the body. Travis was also with him when he was busted last month. If I'm not mistaken Travis was also on Intervention a few years ago.

The article goes on to quote his room mate as saying that this was not a suicide but a result of mixing methadone and xanax. They also say Mike was getting ready to make a "comeback" in Meeks' new band and was supposed to be going to LA to pick up his instruments this week.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ....What's fuckin crazy is that it sucks when anyone dies who did something worthwhile, because we will miss their contributions, but I also see Ape's point; to a point. I loved layne Staley, but felt angry and cheated when he succumbed to his addictions. I felt cheated out of all the things he accomplished and cheated into respecting someone who was too weak to to respect themselves....I pity Starr, Staley, that peice of shit The Rev or whatever, and any celebrity/artist who reaches the status most of us never will, and decides to crash the plane into the mountain side....Ape goes a bit over board with the Ginger Rage, but I can understand where he comes from. I will use Layne again because he was the one famous artist that I really cared about losing, but I never mourned for him; rather I mourned for all of us, the fans, who lost out on having him around.....
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I notice a lot of bassists die.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    you can mourn layne as well.. why cant weak/depressed people be showed compassion? we all have problems, what if mentally they just couldnt handle problems the same way others do. i think every one deserves a little something when they die
    ^ I have pity for him, because he was human. I feel like Ape in the regards of A LOT of fans enshrine these fuckin junkies as saints and martyrs just because they released popular music.....Notice how whenever an artist of ANY notoriety passes away, they are suddenly hailed as a "musical genius" who "gave SOO much to the world".....

I feel a little melancholy over Layne to this day, but I also say fuck it, he could still be here if he had been stronger...
    Yes alec that guy was on intervention.

I changed my mind drugs and alcohol are awesome because they get rid of the weaknesses in our gene pool.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Ape you are so fuckin tuff.....
    the fact that some people cant overcome something like a drug problem is very sad. i know good people who have died form drugs. i mean good people to the bone. they were just to weak to overcome there problem. its very sad but you can still love that person for the good things theyve done and not say well fuck him glad hes dead. that is a very shitty attitude, that person has a family and people who love him and ape totally disrespects that
    edited March 2011
    that be like me saying i cant wait till apes is dead cuz the world would be a better place with more forgiving, understanding people. and then say well ape has a family and parents who lov him. and i go well fuck him he deserves to be dead
    Why would you give any syphathy to a selfish asshole that only cares about themselves and put themselves in that position?

I have three very close friends. All three are without a dad thanks to them being alcoholics. Two of them got drunk and killed themselves the other was told if he didn't stop drinking he would die because of damage to his liver. He kept drinking like a selfish asshole and died and left me to take care of my friend that day because I was there when it happened.

I have a kid I used to be friends with addicted to heroin ad he has tried to steal from me and fuck me over many times.

When I was in high school 4 kids I was friends with were getting high while driving around ran off the road crashed into a tree and died.

Fuck all these people for only caring about themselves and not the loved ones around them. If they don't care why should I?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    So much anger...
    imageimage
    +1 for the awesome comment dawn made
    ape if you knew more about the mentality of the disease you would realize that your friend wasnt stealing from you, he is sick. i know you have a strong mentality and applaud you for it. you are strong minded and are capable of handling your actions. it is hard for strong minded people, me being one of them, to accept susbtance abuse as a disease. this didease affects the people you knows minds and without help usually isnt overcome. its along process to explain but i think you should look into something more before you make such a strong statement as your glad people are dead. that is what a strong minded, responsible person would do