Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

DRAFTERS AND ENGINEERS

124»

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    Yes continue, great nigerologist.{Upload|3474} 8-X
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My name is Art Vandalay, im an architect.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    very true. he used to be a marine biologist. then he became a latex salesman for Vandalay Industries.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Isn't it true you have thought about leaving exporting and concentrating only on the importing?
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    what is the design process for you nerds?

do you get programs from clients too?.... or is just a free-for-all of engineers design what they feel is most needed and THEN sell it to someone? either?
    ehhh... I embrace my nerddom. No use hiding the truth, even over the internet.

For my employers - The gov will put out a request for information on a specific topic. My company will respond with the information they wanted. The gov will then get funding and as for bids to make a satellite that will "be in a geosynchronous orbit, withstand 200 kRAD of radiation per year, be able to withstand -60C to 130C instantly, and does some function like maybe track license plates of cars on the freeway". I then put together a schedule a and a preliminary design that does a cost estimate. The gov receives several of those and picks a couple to start designing it. at some point in time they pick one company (usually) to build the actual product. I write up schematics, design documents, and plan how everything will work together... then I make the electronics exactly how I have designed. I simulate, build, test in big ovens that will heat and cool the stuff, and I integrate it with the whole system. Basically that is about my flow. I just summed up a year+ in a paragraph so I am leaving a whole lot out.
    ah cool....

and we share design studios with Engineers (Im in the architecture program).... and they're the biggest nerds ever. lol.... they even bitched to the dean once about how we leave a mess in the studio.

well fuck!

there are no hot chicks in engineering either
    ^^^This mother fucker is gonna call us Engineers and Designers nerds.^^^

And then wants us to answer a question.
    lmfao!!

lawl.... shut up nerd!
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    And he's ugly, too.

All love, bro, all love.

ah cool....

and we share design studios with Engineers (Im in the architecture program).... and they're the biggest nerds ever. lol.... they even bitched to the dean once about how we leave a mess in the studio.

I liked my architecture classes in HS. It was fun and very artsy in a precise way.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I see what u did thurr