Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your Top 10 Video Game Franchise's of All TIme

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    They have a lot of badass franchises, but they have put out thousands of shitty ones too.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Be that as it may, Nintendo is still the shit. Also other franchises I like are Mortal Kombat and Megaman
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    No order:

Grand Theft Auto
    Super Mario
    Civilization
    Crash Bandicoot
    God Of War
    Elder Scrolls
    Red Dead
    Streets Of Rage
    Splinter Cell
    Hitman
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i can't believe i'm the only person in this entire thread to mention Mass Effect
    i can't believe i'm the only person in this entire thread to mention Mass Effect
    I'm not judging it as a franchise until the third one comes out. None of the franchises I listed had less than 3 games.
    edited February 2011
    I'm not judging it as a franchise until the third one comes out. None of the franchises I listed had less than 3 games.
    I'll ask you one simple question in response to that. Name one bad game Bioware has ever made.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    You really need more than two games to be considered a franchise.

I'll ask you one simple question in response to that. Name one bad game Bioware has ever made.
    That has nothing to do with what I said.
    Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Indeed it does. Given the excellence of the first two games and Biowares exceptional history. its a safe assumption that Mass Effect 3 is going to be a spectacular game.

Bioware is one of the few developers, only other i can think of is Blizzard, that every game they make is top quality and you can safely bet on anything they produce to deliver.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    only reason i havent said Mass Effect is cuz i havent played through a whole one yet
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?

no one has made a good sonic game since genesis, not even Sega. first time on a hand held with a cursed franchisee that wasn't theirs. i really don't count that one.
    Indeed it does. Given the excellence of the first two games and Biowares exceptional history. its a safe assumption that Mass Effect 3 is going to be a spectacular game.

Bioware is one of the few developers, only other i can think of is Blizzard, that every game they make is top quality and you can safely bet on anything they produce to deliver.
    Mass Effect 1 wasn't epic like 2

Also, Rockstar North.

Yeah Mass Effect 1 was good, but as Ed said not epic like 2.
    Mass Effect 1 was a little rough around the edges but you have to look at the sheer ambition of that game. The universe they have created , imo, rivals that of star wars or LotR. That's no easy feat to accomplish
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    1st games are usually a little rough around the egdes... then what was broken gets fixed, and what was good gets great
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    1st games are usually a little rough around the egdes... then what was broken gets fixed, and what was good gets great
    i agree with mass effect 1 Bioware couldn't really figure out if they wanted an action game or an RPG and tried to do both. With 2 they were more focused and had the universe already established with the first game which gave them a lot more room for finesse
    I still liked Red Dead Redemption better.

no one has made a good sonic game since genesis, not even Sega. first time on a hand held with a cursed franchisee that wasn't theirs. i really don't count that one.
    You asked, I delivered

You asked, I delivered
    true, but no one could have made that game good though <_>