Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MASTODON "THE HUNTER" update: ALBUM TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I've never listened to Converge....they sound like DEP the way George is describing them.
    Yeah. Converge is shitty Mathcore..... not that there's any good Mathcore.
    The Fall of Troy and DEP are both pretty good...
    I don't consider The Fall of Troy Mathcore, and I'm not a fan of DEP.
    The Fall of Troy has alot of Mathcore in their music. I read an article where they talked about that being one of their main influence, just listen to the timeing aof their tunes, I love that band. I'm opissed they broke up......
    Yeah that upset me too. Luckly I caught them on their last tour. What confuses me the most is that they broke up, and Thomas Erik formed a new band, and they sound just like TFOT. I was like, whywouldyoudothat.jpeg
    yeah, i feel the same way dood..... I missed their last tour, i had to go to some other family bullshit that night, I am so pissed. I saw them once like 5 years ago with Poison the Well. I been a fan ever since...... they were awesome live i hope they reunite.
    I would've prefered to see them 5 years ago. At the show I went to, they played a heavy amount of stuff off thier last album, which is easily my least favorite. Also, I wanted to hear What Sound Does A Mastodon Make?, but they didn't play it.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I feel about Mastodon, I can get down with some Mastodon alot, their shows are just boring to me.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
    I'm not, if theyre at a festival or on a tour that has a killer lineup, I will definately watch them and enjoy their set. I just dont find it very fun.
    I'm still sorry you feel that way. My favorite Metal show of all time was a Mastodon club show. Unfortunately you aren't moved by their live performance the same way I am, and I think it's a shame because it's a great feeling. You may feel the same way about how I feel about bands like Converge and practically every other Core band.
    I think theirs a huge difference between hardcore/punk and other core bands, a huge difference. Theres some band i think are absolutely terrible, TAS being one of them, i cant stand the nonstop breakdowns, its too repetitive. like i said i dont hate mastodon, i just agree with rex that their live show didnt do too much for me. i do like their vocals compared to other bands we've talked about before. I like the lower growls better then the high pitched singing shit.... but i have jammed to mastodon plenty of times and will continue and i'm sure i would like their new album, their just not a favorite of mine.

yeah, everything the played was from doppleganger. it was a great show....
    I know Hardcore/Punk/Crossover is different from Scenecore, I just happen to dislike it all. Well besides a few Metalcore bands.

On the subject of Mastodon's live show, I could understand why someone would find it boring, but I love their live shows because they play so well, even if they're pretty static.

Also, I'm jelly of the TFOT you saw. Your TFOT > My TFOT set.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy shit you're a fucking elitist. I know you wanna be like Papa Wine, but get the fuck off of your high horse and go back to Metalsetlists. Shit is fucking pathetic.
    Holy shit you're a fucking elitist. I know you wanna be like Papa Wine, but get the fuck off of your high horse and go back to Metalsetlists. Shit is fucking pathetic.
    lolwut
    I think if you gave some hardcore/punk shows and bands a chance you would find to like it. I have never taken someone to a hardcore show and they said they were bored. I'm just saying give it a try i know theres gotta be bands out there you havent heard and would prolly like alot. I dont hate on you for what you like or dont like, we have different tastes and thats fine....
    I'm sure I'd have fun at a Hardcore show, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to go to one. If my friend invites me, sure I'll go. But until I have the money to spare, I'm going to save my money for concerts that I know I'll enjoy.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    George saying TAS is absolutely terrible [-(
    ... Who is TAS?
    The Acacia Strain B-)
    You probably wouldn't like them haha!
    edited June 2011
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Mastodon is meh. Still wish I would have went to the mastodon/dethklok show. And I like to go to shows to lose my mind! \m/

Just thought I'd throw my 2cents in there