Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MASTODON "THE HUNTER" update: ALBUM TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I've listened to them on disc and watched other live videos. They're one of the worst bands I've ever listened to and the worst band I've ever seen.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If Converge is the worst band you heard, then you better get the fuck out there and listen to more shit, cause Converge rules. One of the best consistent live acts around for the better part of 20 years.... Nd their technical timing mathcore style mixed with raw oldscholl slam beats and hardcore riffs/breakdowns, theyre an original.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I was all like :-| during Converge.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've heard a few songs by them and they were pretty cool
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I've never listened to Converge....they sound like DEP the way George is describing them.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I was all like :-| during Mastadon.
    I've never listened to Converge....they sound like DEP the way George is describing them.
    yes, that is a band i would compare them to.
    Yeah. Converge is shitty Mathcore..... not that there's any good Mathcore.
    If Converge is the worst band you heard, then you better get the fuck out there and listen to more shit, cause Converge rules. One of the best consistent live acts around for the better part of 20 years.... Nd their technical timing mathcore style mixed with raw oldscholl slam beats and hardcore riffs/breakdowns, theyre an original.
    Original=/= Good

Being consistent at making shit music =/= Good

I would rather anyday pay $10 to see a band like converge and have the time of my life, then pay $30- $40 to see a band like masterdon and just stant in the same spot all night and have some asshole with long shitty smelling hair headbanging in my face all night....

If i took someone who isnt into heavy music to see masodone, theyd prolly slap me and make me pay them for waisting their time. if i took them to converge, they would say WOW that was the craziest/best time i've had in a long time and walk out with a CD and tshirt....
    The Fall of Troy and DEP are both pretty good...
    I would rather anyday pay $10 to see a band like converge and have the time of my life, then pay $30- $40 to see a band like masterdon and just stant in the same spot all night and have some asshole with long shitty smelling hair headbanging in my face all night....

If i took someone who isnt into heavy music to see masodone, theyd prolly slap me and make me pay them for waisting their time. if i took them to converge, they would say WOW that was the craziest/best time i've had in a long time and walk out with a CD and tshirt....
    coolstorybro.

I don't go to shows to go wild and mosh, I go to shows to watch my favorites bands do work. The crowd at Symphony X was extremely static, but it was still awesome because Symphony X played extremely well, showcasing great musicianship and playing fucking kick ass tunes.
    I don't consider The Fall of Troy Mathcore, and I'm not a fan of DEP.
    coolstorybro.

I go to shows for both, to have a great time and enjoy the music. I wanted to go to Symphony X, but I thought the $40+ dollars it was after the surcharges was not worth it for a band I mildly enjoy on CD, thats the same I feel about Mastodon, I can get down with some Mastodon alot, their shows are just boring to me.
    The Fall of Troy has alot of Mathcore in their music. I read an article where they talked about that being one of their main influence, just listen to the timeing aof their tunes, I love that band. I'm opissed they broke up......
    I feel about Mastodon, I can get down with some Mastodon alot, their shows are just boring to me.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.
    The Fall of Troy has alot of Mathcore in their music. I read an article where they talked about that being one of their main influence, just listen to the timeing aof their tunes, I love that band. I'm opissed they broke up......
    Yeah that upset me too. Luckly I caught them on their last tour. What confuses me the most is that they broke up, and Thomas Erik formed a new band, and they sound just like TFOT. I was like, whywouldyoudothat.jpeg
    I feel about Mastodon, I can get down with some Mastodon alot, their shows are just boring to me.
    I'm not, if theyre at a festival or on a tour that has a killer lineup, I will definately watch them and enjoy their set. I just dont find it very fun.
    Yeah that upset me too. Luckly I caught them on their last tour. What confuses me the most is that they broke up, and Thomas Erik formed a new band, and they sound just like TFOT. I was like, whywouldyoudothat.jpeg
    yeah, i feel the same way dood..... I missed their last tour, i had to go to some other family bullshit that night, I am so pissed. I saw them once like 5 years ago with Poison the Well. I been a fan ever since...... they were awesome live i hope they reunite.
    I'm not, if theyre at a festival or on a tour that has a killer lineup, I will definately watch them and enjoy their set. I just dont find it very fun.
    I'm still sorry you feel that way. My favorite Metal show of all time was a Mastodon club show. Unfortunately you aren't moved by their live performance the same way I am, and I think it's a shame because it's a great feeling. You may feel the same way about how I feel about bands like Converge and practically every other Core band.