Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

yo Nolaz

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    george doesnt think im serious :-))
    Skully listens to Nu-Metal and is serious :-))
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I think overall that Led Zeppelin was actually a much better band then Pink Floyd. I feel their guitar riffs are a billion times more influential on the music world then Floyds were.

I think Roger Waters lyrics and stories were 10x more complex and colorful then Plants were.

Waters > Plant
    Page > Gilmour

Over all I love pink floyd much more then Zeppelin, but I recognize that Zeppelin is probably more important to the history of rock and roll then Floyd. Not that Floyd wasnt a big influence or important.... but Zeppelin was more IMO.
    I like Zepplin too, I'm just fuckin with nola.... but,

Gilmour solos > Page solos
    I like Zepplin too, I'm just fuckin with nola.... but,

Gilmour solos > Page solos
    I think I'm going to have to disagree on that, but really it is difficult to compare them because they were both going for a completely different effect from their guitar. It would make more sense to compare Hendrix to Page, then Gilmour to Page. I don't know who you'd compare Gilmour too...
    that's cause you cant compare Gilmour to anyone cause he kills the guitar too hard.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    george listens to pink floyd and uses hand lotion :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    that's cause you cant compare Gilmour to anyone cause he kills the guitar too hard.
    hendrix>page>gilmour
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    hendrix>page>gilmour
    george listens to pink floyd and uses hand lotion :-))
    damn straight....

The problem is, IMHO, Gilmour's material isnt all that complicated to play. Who can't play comfortably numb? His real talent was in the composition of the music and that sound.... and he hasnt had too many copycats from what I can tell.
    hendrix>page>gilmour
    i can agree with hendrix and i think page may have written better riffs, but Gilmour writes the best solos. discussion/
    edited June 2011
    I believe that Page's riffs were ripped off more then either of the other two. I believe that Zeppelin had a much bigger influence on today's music then either Hendrix or Pink Floyd. For those reasons, I believe Page > all.
    can't touch Gilmour's epic soloz.
    if they were so epic, they would have been ripped off more. [-( Black dog has been ripped off no less then 3 dozen times.
    p. diddy aka puff daddy aka who the fuck cares stole the riff from 'Kashmir' and used it in one his songs back in the day. i think the song was called 'Come With Me'.
    I hate that fucking song.

Gilmour had his own style, I think it was hard to just ripoff and I dont think just cause someone was ripped off more makes them better. sure alot of bands copied zep not as much as floyd, but thats cause very few bands can even evter the same category as floyd.

they both rule in their own way.
    everyone steals zeppelins shit. No one is stealing floyd or hendrix's shit. I wonder why? Keep in mind PF is my #1 fav band.
    I hate that fucking song.

Gilmour had his own style, I think it was hard to just ripoff and I dont think just cause someone was ripped off more makes them better. sure alot of bands copied zep not as much as floyd, but thats cause very few bands can even evter the same category as floyd.

they both rule in their own way.
    How the fuck can you hate Kashmir [-( GTFO! NOW.

but yeah.... I agree both rule and really shouldnt be compared.
    how do you stael a floyd or hendrix riff? it just cant happen.... few bands have tried and failed *korncoughkorn*

zepplin has alot of more rock driven riffs that can be copied, theyre just not as complex.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    p. diddy aka puff daddy aka who the fuck cares stole the riff from 'Kashmir' and used it in one his songs back in the day. i think the song was called 'Come With Me'.
    I think he asked n paid to sample it.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket